Don't Fear the Reaper

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Don't Fear the Reaper

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Here's a riff that sounds so easy but is actually a challenge to get under your fingers when you first try it.

The video is by Donald 'Buck Dharma' Roeser, who wrote and played this classic with Blue Oyster Cult.

Here he provides the tab.

Have fun.
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

We need more cowbell!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Thanks Paul that is a great find. I love the middle section of that song. Also I like the words too of not being scared of the end.
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Classic immortal track guys!! :) Deceptively simple to play. It features one helluva lead as well, just the perfect little radio hit wasn't it? I've heard some great covers from REM and Elliot Smith, and they stayed pretty faithful to the original, which was the right thing to do. Unfortunately DFTR seems to stand pretty much alone from anything they did before or since in a commerical setting.
Last edited by Stevie on Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." ~~ RR ~~
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Two of my all time favorite Blue Oyster Cult songs are I love the Night and Then Came the Last Days of May.

They have a lot of good material, but they never really got the airplay they deserved. Similar to Thin Lizzy in my book.