Fingerpicking!

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stewie
Mass Poster

Fingerpicking!

Post by Stewie »

Due my interest in fingerpicking, I would like to play more fingerpicking songs, and see what other people like... So post the title, audio or video of your favorite fingerpicking song!

Mine: Captains Fingers Rag - J.P. Traun

(I'll maybe capture this on video if someone wants to hear it.. :) )
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Re: Fingerpicking!

Post by siro_angel »

Classical Gas and Lux Aeterna (Accoustic)

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

On my music school we got an ensemble, with 6-8 classical guitarists.. The other group, not mine, has played a remake of Classical Gas.. I will hear it on the next following concert. But I've heard some small pieces and it sounds great!
Last edited by Stewie on Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Stewie wrote:On my music school we got an ensemble, with 6-8 classical guitarists.. The other group, not mine, has played a remake of Classical Gas.. I will hear it on the next following concert. But I've heard some small peaces and it sounds great!
Tommy Emmanuel's best at doing it, IMHO, because he does it really well and he what i like to say Randyizes it,

Randyize = Takes what has been made, and makes it better and adventureous!

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

siro_angel wrote: Randyize = Takes what has been made, and makes it better and adventureous!
8)
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Stewie wrote:
siro_angel wrote: Randyize = Takes what has been made, and makes it better and adventureous!
8)
lol :P

Simon
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Atkins, Chet - Classical Gas

Open it with Guitar Pro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Stewie wrote:Atkins, Chet - Classical Gas

Open it with Guitar Pro
Aint got Guitar Pro anymore :(

Simon
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

guitar techniques have had some great fingerpicking pieces over the last year :) im hoping to record some videos in the coming months, so ill record some stuff
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

Haha, I didnt notice this section after I just made that reply in the Ultimate Archive. Heres another wonderful suprise! What a section, Matthew your doing a great job, keep it going! I know Dee is a popular fingerpicking piece, but another one I can recommend is Killer of Giants by Jake. It makes use of open strings extremely well and when played well sounds brilliant. The Ultimate Ozzy VHS just shows what Jake can do when he played that song. Loving it guys! 8)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Jake_E_Lee wrote:one I can recommend is Killer of Giants by Jake. It makes use of open strings extremely well and when played well sounds brilliant.
+1
Great song too!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i havent played that song in sooooooo long. I think im going to re-learn the opening. simply stunning bit of music.