Classical Guitar and other related essays/discussions

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

That Bach piece is beautiful :!: The acustics in the church are well suited for your playing. I would have loved to have been there.
Last edited by cableguyxx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

cableguyxx wrote:That Bach piece is beautiful :!: The acustics in the church are well suited for your playing. I would have loved to have been there.
The acoustics are so confidence boosting Darin!

I am a reverb junkie though.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Love the Bach piece too. 8) Bach Rachs! :lol:
Your nephew's excellent as well!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Nicole

Considering it is just a cheap camera the sound came out loud and clear- you watching it makes me happy because it is the next best thing to you being there!

My sister is so much older than me (23 years age gap) that although we are fond of each other I have not seen her loads over the years and know my nieces and nephews very little.

Anyway my nephew, like we all love guitar here, has just fallen in love with his flute and plays it hours every day which is great!

Now we have done this I am hoping we can actually do more concerts and keep in touch through this!

I will pass on your compliment because unlike loud me he is very shy and will be flattered you enjoyed it.

How is life by the way Nicole i general. Have you fixed the 5150 yet?

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

cableguyxx wrote:That Bach piece is beautiful :!: The acustics in the church are well suited for your playing. I would have loved to have been there.
Well Mike is going to come and stay later this year with us. If you fancied a week to London with free accomidation just call or e mail to sort out a time.

Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Re: New gig videos of St Paul's Church, Covent Garden, Londo

Post by rice_pudding »

great playing as always and your nephew was great too, id actualy like to learn to play the flute someday 8)
Matthew wrote: A few UR members would have been good to make up some numbers :)

Matt
im hoping maybe i can come down to visit you at one of those guitar society things, during the summer or something :) . If you dont mind me coming of course...
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Coming soon

Bach Prelude BWV 999 in D minor.

One thing that has always stirred me reading about Bach is how he travelled to watch a renowned organist to give a recital. When I say travelled it was on foot too and for days.

that says a lot!!

Anyway this piece was originally for the keyboard (probably Harpsichord or Clavier) and is about Grade 4 (intermediate standard)

If you are still a little aprehensive of using fingers this piece like the Brouwer study uses a similar finger pattern through out.

I will post music/tab and audio asap...

Stayed tuned

Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Paganini's Caprice 24-played by me

I just thought I would get my back side into gear and repost some of the material lost in the time out period.

http://media.putfile.com/Caprice-24
Free sheet music download
http://www.delcamp.net/pdf/3_classique/ ... rice24.pdf

If you haven't checked out www.delcamp.net please do!

It has legal free Classical sheet music.

If you need any music reading help I am happy to help!

Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Here is my interpretation of BWV 997

http://media.putfile.com/BWV999

The music can be downloaded for free here
http://www.delcamp.net/pdf/2_baroque/bw ... relude.pdf

This piece is fantastic in developing a fluent right hand

Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

thanks Matt, I understand how hard it can be to re-list this kind of info, thanks for the time you have given. Two weeks and counting.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Downloadable Practice Plan-How to make most from practice

This is a link to a great article on practising. ie not just 'playing', but really gong into detail! It is from Guitar techniques and was such a great article I did 60 photocopies of it when it came out and gave to every pupil I had at school :)

http://www.guitar-techniques.com/page/g ... e_plan_pdf

Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Matthew wrote:When I say travelled it was on foot too and for days.

that says a lot!!
Yep, Bach walked 250 miles to visit a gig of a composer called Buxtehude.
J.S. Bach was a freak! :lol:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Patrick

That is absolute passion isn't it! The distance and imagining his focus I find extraordinarily inspiring!

Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Absolutely!

I guess for Bach hearing the ideas of Buxtehude was like a goldmine to get new inspiration. He was bussy with music all the time so even a three days walk to get some new inspiration wasn't that much of a sacrifice for him I guess. It was for the right cause! 8)
Remember what Ozzy once said about Randy. "He would move mountains to get what he wanted".
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Here are two videos of Jenny singing two Manuel de Falla pieces (Guitar and voice)

She is a trained opera singer and her voice is huge!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hiZ7NC6ub ... annel_page
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=URrZz63Xxvo

I hope you enjoy. There isn't loads of work written for voice and guitar so it was relly quite something playing with her!

Matt