Eric Clapton's Style-tabs etc

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Eric Clapton's Style-tabs etc

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi everyone

Until very recently my view of Clapton has always been that I just didn't 'get' his playing.

I found it great to a point... then disappointing, as I felt people like Hendrix and Stevie Ray could take you to the same point as Clapton, except the later two could then accelerate into the beyond area!

Anyway something has clicked and I get him! I finally have heard what all the fuss is about.

His tone and songs are so well crafted!! His bends full of soul and his understated style if you allow it to wash over a clear mind are just wonderful!

Anyway I found this site that I am going to have a good geek on tomorrow

http://www.12bar.de/

Matt

ps Eric forgive me!
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'd forgotten about that site. Thanks for the reminder, Matt.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Frank

It has taken a while for the penny to drop. From the same era I have always loved Robbie Krieger from the Doors, Jimmy Page, Peter Green but Clapton has left me wanting.

I at last realise that is the great thing the left wanting 8)

The percussion teacher at the school I teach when I said how I had come to like him said how Clapton's playing was so perfectly crafted to each song.

As I write Bell bottom Blues about Patty Boyd is in my head!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt