Randy Rhoads cd Project last day of deadline

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Ian

Okay, that sounds fun. I have done three internet projects like this and it has worked well!

How is life by the way?

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Matthew wrote:
How is life by the way?

Matt

I am very well indeed Matt how's life with you and the lovely lady?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Ian

Thanks for stickying this.

To anyone interested in contributing...

This is a cd project where people from all 3 forums have been invited to submit a track to the webpage. Regretablly RRTK since I left have deleted all info about the project.

Anyway,
A selected group of tracks will appear on the cd and all profit will be given to the RR scholarship fund.

If you find flowers pointless and prefer to give something creative and actually help a very worthy cause the deadline for sumbmissions is Feb the 15th.

New member Mclowey (new guy here) is my partner on the project.

Tracks will be available as a download option too vey shortly.

Many thanks

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Nice idea.. To bad I don't have any recording gear nor inspiration.. Altough I would love to play something :)
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

It would be cool if we could all come together and play Diary Of A Madman.. Some classical guitars and some distortion electrics..
That should be a cool final song for the CD 8)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Stewie

To avoid any legal problems all the entries must either be written by the artist or out of copyright.

Nothing stopping us doing something like that though 8)

Matt
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Matthew wrote:Hi Stewie

To avoid any legal problems all the entries must either be written by the artist or out of copyright.

Nothing stopping us doing something like that though 8)

Matt
Arr what a pitty :) I don't think I have a song that is out of copyright :?
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi evryone

I can't wait to organise all this with Mike. we have such an eclectic seletion so far!!

Flying Dutchmans picee is gorgeous!!

Anyway after months of struggle here is a little excerpt from my piece for the project. I wrote it about seeing Randy in a dream. FGrabk has kindly offered to give it to Delores at the memorial. I wish I could go! (:

Here is In Your Dreams ptii (pt i can be heard below)
http://media.putfile.com/Dreams-44-21

Cheers

Matt
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Did you manage to find out how to limit the distortion on my Waves Of Dreams peice?

If not it looks like ill have to rerecord it, but it was in such an altered tuning i cant remember what it was :(

Plus no two recordings sound the same.

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Simon

I didn't sorry.

My email is sear.1200@ntlworld.com. Can you send it and I will see if I can do anything

Matt
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Matthew wrote:Hi Simon

I didn't sorry.

My email is sear.1200@ntlworld.com. Can you send it and I will see if I can do anything

Matt
It is being sent as we speak :) it is just checking the file, lets hope this works :)

If nothing can be done, ill bring out something I've been working on :)

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Exciting update!

Former pupil of Randy's Robert Lafond will be also submitting a track.

This is not only fitting as Robert will be paying respects to his former mentor through his music, but also a great promotional angle in that we can get more copies sold!!

No pressure but Frank:D ! If you haven't got a song down to your standards would you maybe do some lead on a track?

Just a thought (Matt gives Matt the male persuasive lady killer smile to Frank)

I just thought I would let you are know that

Matt :D
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

great news matt. the few conversations i've had with rhoads scholar, i'd really like to meet him and i'm very anxious to hear his work. and how could i resist THAT smile?
Last edited by frank on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

frank wrote:great news matt. the few conversations i've had with rhoads scholar, i'd really like to meet him and i'm very anxious to hear his work. and how could i resist THAT smile?
Am I right in thinking you are going to donate some music Frank? BECAUSE, if you give some Frank music I will donate some Trigger music :wink: :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Frank you are a friend and I am pleased that we have a deal on this one. I now have to see what I have in reserve :? :D I haven't picked up the sticks in a long time.