Randy Rhoads cd Project last day of deadline

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads cd Project last day of deadline

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Guys

I know I am pretty new hear but I wanted to share with you a project I began on RRTK that is now open to any fan of Randys.

Me and my friend Mike are running a Randy Rhoads cd project (contact details below at the end of message). It is open to anyone who posts on Ultimate Rhoads, RRTK and the Offical Randy Rhoads forum.

The idea is that people will record a piece of music of their own (or a piece out of copyright if you are a playing a Classical Guitar piece for example) and submit it to me or Mike by December the 15th this year.

All approved pieces will then be put on our cd project myspace page with an opportunity to download at $0.99 a track.
The 15 most downloaded tracks will then be included on the hard copy cd due for release around the time of Randy's next anniversary.

All profits are being given to the Rhoads scholarship fund.

This is a great opportunity to not only take part in something fun and get your music heard but also to raise the profile of Randy Rhoads.
So far we have 22 volunteers from RRTK. Anyone interested we'd love to hear from you!

either pm,post or contact Mike on http://www.myspace.com/mikeloweryjr
and myself on http://www.myspace.com/matthewsear75.

Cheers

Matt
Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

That sounds like an excellent idea! I wish I could play well enough to submit something...
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

I wish I could play. :cry:
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

hmmm... i dont have any recording gear (let lone the know how to use any) but december 15th is a way off so i might be able to get something recorded

any tips on what kind of music your looking for?
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Rice Pudding (I used to love rice pudding as a young Matthew:) )

The choice of style, instrumentation etc is completely up to the individual. The only criteria is that the piece has to be an original piece or a piece that you have permission to perform.

If you are doing a Classical guitar piece there is ofcourse loads of stuff out of copyright you could submut too :D
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i started working up some ideas for a dee esque instrumental earlier im kinda liking it but im being led in another direction, i think it would be better with some lyrics.
so now i just gotta find a singer (cos im sure me singing is nothing anybody wants to be within earshot of)

b.t.w i made a mistake earlier i do have recording equipment, i have a new phone that can take videos...yay... :roll:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This is a wonderful idea and I will be contacting you with some ideas I have :D

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

We have just opened our myspace page..here it is!

http://www.myspace.com/rrforumcdproject

Cheers

Matt
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Hey Matt

Cool myspace but i gotta ask something you know my waves of dreams? how its slightly distorted is it possible to tone down the distorted without rerecording it? if not ill rerecord it but its gunna take a lot of takes lol! i'll see what i can find.

Plus due to money on a low, would it be alright if i could paint the picture of the guitar on a roll canvas?

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Simon

If you send me Wave Of Dreams I'll see if I can get rid of the distortion.

If you can wait till September I can pay a deposit for the picture through paypal so you can get the right canvas

Cheers

Matt
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Thank you Matt :)

and hear is the link

http://media.putfile.com/Waves-of-Dream ... on-Fielder

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

hey matt,
how good does the audio quality of these recordings have to be?
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

The quality has to be as good as you can possiblly get. Remember too that ultimately people will be paying for what is produced so it has to be as professional sounding as possible.

There are several free programmes that can be downloaded to help you record. On rrtk people speak very highly of Audacity.

At the end of the day the piece is the most important thing and all of us are home recording.

Cheers

Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

ok thanks :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Matt

I am a Drummer and plan to get an electronic kit in the near future, how about working on something together? I am certain we could do something by exchanging files.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.