Last photo of Randy...?

the Randy Rhoads archive created by Randy Perry

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rokket
Madman

Last photo of Randy...?

Post by rokket »

In Ozzy's book he describes going to the crash site the next morning, and finding a piece of the Gibson t-shirt that belonged to Randy, saying it was a spooky thing.

In the autopsy report, it says Randy was wearing a t-shirt and blue jeans.

This photo was taken after Randy's last show, I'm assuming, reasonably late in the evening. So in the morning, deciding to get on that plane, did he just throw on his clothes from the night before, like most of us would probably do....before perhaps having a shower and breakfast etc......

Is this the last photo we have of Randy?

Thought's anyone........?
Attachments
Randy Rhoads.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Last photo of Randy...?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That photo is the known photo which was taking after the Knoxville concert. Which has been talked about in different threads on here including the clothes Randy wore the next morning. But the last photos of Randy would of been taking by Don Airey just before he got on the plane, he snapped a couple of pics of Rachael Youngblood and Randy. I don't think we'll ever see any of Don's pics because of what happened after they were taking. So that pic you posted up is the last know pic of Randy which has been seen.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:That photo is the known photo which was taking after the Knoxville concert. Which has been talked about in different threads on here including the clothes Randy wore the next morning. But the last photos of Randy would of been taking by Don Airey just before he got on the plane, he snapped a couple of pics of Rachael Youngblood and Randy. I don't think we'll ever see any of Don's pics because of what happened after they were taking. So that pic you posted up is the last know pic of Randy which has been seen.
Cheers, ......yeah I'd say you are right in regards to the photos Don has. Can't blame him for not letting them out, I'd imagine they'd be very personal for him and his last memory of Randy.
RRFAN123456789

Post by RRFAN123456789 »

There is a photo of Randy and Rachel standing beside the tour bus.
RIP
Randy Rhoads
12/6/1956-3/19/1982
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

RRFAN123456789 wrote:There is a photo of Randy and Rachel standing beside the tour bus.
Really? There's a released photo of him and Rachel next to the tour bus?
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

RRFAN123456789 wrote:There is a photo of Randy and Rachel standing beside the tour bus.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Axeman1956 wrote:
If it's the pic i'm thinking of, that one is from $haron O$bourne's collection. She was asleep so she wouldn't of been able to take any pics of Randy before the crash.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Axeman1956 wrote:
Yep:

I have seen better copies of this pic btw. (in color too)
Attachments
tab-randy-rachel.jpg
(69.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Axeman1956 wrote:
Yep:

I have seen better copies of this pic btw. (in color too)
Wait, is that from right before the crash or no? Doubt it.....
Diary of a MadAxeman

Post by Diary of a MadAxeman »

rokket wrote:In Ozzy's book he describes going to the crash site the next morning, and finding a piece of the Gibson t-shirt that belonged to Randy, saying it was a spooky thing.

In the autopsy report, it says Randy was wearing a t-shirt and blue jeans.

This photo was taken after Randy's last show, I'm assuming, reasonably late in the evening. So in the morning, deciding to get on that plane, did he just throw on his clothes from the night before, like most of us would probably do....before perhaps having a shower and breakfast etc......

Is this the last photo we have of Randy?

Thought's anyone........?

I remember seeing this in a magazine in 1983/84...Hit Parader I think. One of the girls sent it in and I remember she said that it was taken about 11:30pm the night before the accident, as Randy was getting on the bus. Other than what photos Don took the morning of, I would say this is the last, made public. The photo of Randy & Rachel posted below was from at least months before the accident, as I saw this photo before the accident. Plus, Randy does not have the Gibson shirt on. Ozzy said that he found a piece of Randy's Gibson shirt in the garage the day after the accident & Randy was wearing that shirt with the girls in this photo. Just saying.
Diary of a MadAxeman

Post by Diary of a MadAxeman »

Sorry, I don't know how to post photos. But, if you take the known photo of the burned out garage...blow it up just a little, if you know where to look you don't even have to blow it up.

You can clearly see the corpse of Andrew Aycock between the 2 cars and Randy, frontside down/back up, on the back of the left vehicle. WARNING, it's graphic. But, coincides with the autopsy report. Also, ever since the accident, I was 14 at the time and a Randy nut, I have always heard that Aycock was jacked on coke.

This is not true, according to his toxicolgy report, he had "traces" of cocaine in his urine, not in his blood. He was not high on anything. As a former long haul truck driver, I can attest to sleep deprivation after long periods of time. Many times I was fine as long as I was driving my truck, once I got home after weeks on the road, simply driving my car home was a struggle to stay awake as my body began to shut down. I think it is highly likely that Aycock, experienced this same sensation once he was flying, flying is relaxing and could have pushed him over the threshold into blackout. That's my 2 cents.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Diary of a MadAxeman wrote: You can clearly see the corpse of Andrew Aycock between the 2 cars and Randy, frontside down/back up, on the back of the left vehicle. WARNING, it's graphic. But, coincides with the autopsy report.
I have never seen a picture of the crash site like that. Of course I can be wrong but I believe that people who claim to see stuff like that are just having tricks played with their eyes.

Here's the garage, the colors have been corrected and sharpened to increase clarity. Maybe it's not the same picture but this is the one that always seems to pop up.

JNH

Post by JNH »

The above pic of Randy and Rachel is NOT one of the last pics ever taken.......it's from the Blizzard tour, not the Diary tour. Can easily tell by the mural on the side of the tour-bus. The Diary tour-bus had a mural of horses galloping off into the sunset, whereas this pic has a mural of an eagle on each side (Blizzard tour-bus).