New blog on my site and two prestigious venues I am playing!

Promote your own website, forum, myspace, blog etc!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

New blog on my site and two prestigious venues I am playing!

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Re: New blog on my site and two prestigious venues I am play

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Didn't see this thread buried so deep in the jungle...Wow Matt. Outstanding!
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Congratulations!!! It would be great if we could see a bootleg video of your performance after! :wink:

I may just have to start reading some of Paulo Coelho works too! He's good friends with Rudolf Schenker (Scorpions), and even wrote the foreword in his new autobiography, which unfortunately is still only available in German.
Ric

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Whipper wrote:Congratulations!!! It would be great if we could see a bootleg video of your performance after! :wink:

I may just have to start reading some of Paulo Coelho works too! He's good friends with Rudolf Schenker (Scorpions), and even wrote the foreword in his new autobiography, which unfortunately is still only available in German.
cheers chaps, as you can tell I am very excited in the blog LOL!
friends with Rudolph?? Well I never! I love his books and philosophy of living.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:friends with Rudolph?? Well I never! I love his books and philosophy of living.
That's actually how I found out about him... yeah, that's how illiterate I am... he's only sold more than 100 million books in over 150 countries. :oops:

You may get a kick out of seeing him and Rudy jam:
http://www.youtube.com/user/paulocoelho ... V-KbXPjRtI

Rudolf often quotes him on FB and Twitter, and I've found his quotes very inspiring and would like to read more. What books of his would you recommend most?
Ric

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Ric

Well the most famous one and also my favourite is the book the Alchemist. I read it in 1999 which was a year after the end of a very difficuly period for me in my life. The book was literally life changing for me.
After the Alchemist, my personal favourites are Vernoica Decides To die, about a suicidal girl, whose suicide fails and is told the damage she has done, means she has just a short time to live. In the time she doess everything she wished she had done prior to her suicide.

Also The Pilgrimage, which is based on the writers own trip to Santiago. It Mixes beliefs of Islam, Christianity, new age spiritualism and plain old humanism.

His books are not without their critics. The writing style is very simple and their message of achieving your dreams is mocked by some of the bitter critics who like to mock his optimism. All I can say is the Alchemist was one of the real things that made me get back on my feet and decide to follow my own way!

Matt
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Thanks Matt! I will pick up "The Alchemist" on the way home then. :) It's the sort of book I need to read lately. I really like the premise of "Veronika Decides to Die".
Ric

DJRockAngel

Post by DJRockAngel »

The Alchemist sounds like a fascinating read..My personal choices are "The Art Of War" by Sun Tzu and "Dune" by Frank Herbert. I also read philosophy book and the the great myths..My tastes are eclectic. :)