a soundtrack i did

Promote your own website, forum, myspace, blog etc!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

a soundtrack i did

Post by rice_pudding »

Hello all,

sorry i've been absent for so long, but i am back, hopefully for a while too :)

just wanted to show something off, my friend needed a last minute soundtrack for his animation and is clueless when it comes to anything sound based - so i stepped up :lol:

we recorded the sounds and mixed the track in about 3 hours, 90% of it is guitar and 100% of it is noise LMAO.

its about an alien creature getting sucked up a vacuum cleaner. Unfortunatly it is unfinnished but credit to my friend nonethless who has put in 3 months solid after effects work on this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9NtmtuA ... annel_page

Rob
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Rob

I didn't know it was guitar until I read the post properly after clicking the link. That was weird and wonderful!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Gata

Post by Gata »

That was unbelievable ! Sound and picture.
It gave me a new point of view on the instrument.
Very nicely crafted.
Well done.

Pat
"I told'em I had ridden shooting stars and said I'd show them how"
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

thanks guys!

Gata im not sure we've met before, nice to meet you.

the whole thing is very jeff beck influenced i suppose, i always enjoy making the guitar sound like a different instrument. there are many layers to the track and unfortunatly a couple of the better ones are a bit lost in the mix.

the aliens voice is a result of me trying to copy jeff beck mimicking birdsong, it's a quick flick of the slide above the pickups with a tape echo.

a flanger was used for a 12th fret 3 string harmonic divebomb, but its lost in the mix, more ambient flange was used for blank underlying atmos.

i used a slide at the 3rd fret and altered the speed of a tremelo to mimick the fan blades but this is also too low in the mix.

intentional tape echo abuse was used the build up feedback for a punctuation point in the narrative.

there are also so more obvious sounds like pick slides.

it was a fun soundtrack to make, it will be screened publicly on wednesday, i look forward to altering peoples perspective on the guitar :lol: :twisted:

Rob
shaun@def

Post by shaun@def »

Very weird and wonderful! 8)
www.dangerousenemyforum.com
zachrockafellow

Post by zachrockafellow »

rice_pudding wrote:thanks guys!

Gata im not sure we've met before, nice to meet you.

the whole thing is very jeff beck influenced i suppose, i always enjoy making the guitar sound like a different instrument. there are many layers to the track and unfortunatly a couple of the better ones are a bit lost in the mix.

the aliens voice is a result of me trying to copy jeff beck mimicking birdsong, it's a quick flick of the slide above the pickups with a tape echo.

a flanger was used for a 12th fret 3 string harmonic divebomb, but its lost in the mix, more ambient flange was used for blank underlying atmos.

i used a slide at the 3rd fret and altered the speed of a tremelo to mimick the fan blades but this is also too low in the mix.

intentional tape echo abuse was used the build up feedback for a punctuation point in the narrative.

there are also so more obvious sounds like pick slides.

it was a fun soundtrack to make, it will be screened publicly on wednesday, i look forward to altering peoples perspective on the guitar :lol: :twisted:

Rob
Rob,

The guitar almost sounds buckethead-like (listen to some of his more ambient songs and you'll know what i'm talking about)..
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

zachrockafellow wrote:

Rob,

The guitar almost sounds buckethead-like (listen to some of his more ambient songs and you'll know what i'm talking about)..
I've not heard too much of buckethead, but from what i have heard i can see/hear what you mean!

That reminds me i need to buy some of his albums :idea: 8)

Been meaning to do it for a while :oops:

Rob