Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I only bully titheads like you FUCK RIGHT OFF then keep going and FKN DIE. Cockjockey...
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I don't know wtf those guys where thinking in Living Loud when that got that singer, Apparently a few keep saying he is or was pretty popular in England or wherever. With that voice i have no idea how that would be possible, the guy sounds like a horrible version of Brian Johnson from AC/DC (whom i can't stand his voice either)

As far as Torme, i watched a few other videos of him and he just has his own style, he is not a fast player at all and plays the same thing over and over it seems from the videos i watched. Instead trying to play the Crowley solo he should have just made his own completely.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Shockwave wrote:I don't know wtf those guys where thinking in Living Loud when that got that singer, Apparently a few keep saying he is or was pretty popular in England or wherever. With that voice i have no idea how that would be possible, the guy sounds like a horrible version of Brian Johnson from AC/DC (whom i can't stand his voice either)

As far as Torme, i watched a few other videos of him and he just has his own style, he is not a fast player at all and plays the same thing over and over it seems from the videos i watched. Instead trying to play the Crowley solo he should have just made his own completely.
Jimmy Barnes is Australian, apparently he's got a following over there... nothing to do with us in England!
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Sky wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well for the record Sky how many people dont like the Living Loud album with the redone Ozzy tracks. I get them and i like them but a majority don't like them for what ever reason ..It's the same thing...it's Bernie probably pulling that track out of the bag and making a hash of it ...unrehearsed and done badly ...But give the guy some slack...or is he not worthy.
I don't think it's the same thing at all, from what I've heard Bernie is a great bloke but his playing on Crowley in that clip isn't good, I think Randy would probably say the same. Steve Morse's playing on the Living Loud album is great, whether I like his interpretation doesn't come into whether his playing is technically good or not. As it happens, I don't like Jimmy Barnes as a singer or a frontman and I think they should've used someone else in Living Loud, that's just my opinion, obviously the management/record company didn't agree.

+1
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

It was an interesting listen. I guess at the end of the day I am too hard on my playing. I should get into a band. I think I am a fairly decent player. I think I am my own worst enemy when it comes to my playing. Sometimes I don't think I am very good. I watch this and think.....
friday

Post by friday »

Jimmy Barnes is top notch singer but there are times when hes wringin it too far , hes had heart attcaks and all sorts

His stuff in COLD CHISEL has and will always be at the top of Aussie rock . his solo career has a stack of hits , on a good day hes good
Chisel is worth checking out , theres stuff on tube , 'forever now" , Ian moss is the gatman

Ive never heard Livin loud but from what you guys describe Im guessing hes wringin it too far , givin himself piles

I dont like covers too much anyways
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

friday wrote:Jimmy Barnes is top notch singer but there are times when hes wringin it too far , hes had heart attcaks and all sorts

His stuff in COLD CHISEL has and will always be at the top of Aussie rock . his solo career has a stack of hits , on a good day hes good
Chisel is worth checking out , theres stuff on tube , 'forever now" , Ian moss is the gatman

Ive never heard Livin loud but from what you guys describe Im guessing hes wringin it too far , givin himself piles

I dont like covers too much anyways

Link some videos or something on YouTube of his popular stuff, I hate to down a guy if I haven't heard a bunch of stuff but what I heard with living loud was just horrible
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

I like how my post in this thread got deleted. The comment I said on YouTube I will post it again here.....

Randy Rhoads is spinning in his tomb. Time to retire Bernie. Someone break all his fingers for good measure.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

P C M wrote:I like how my post in this thread got deleted. The comment I said on YouTube I will post it again here.....

Randy Rhoads is spinning in his tomb. Time to retire Bernie. Someone break all his fingers for good measure.

I saw that too thaught that was a little weird.
My posts have been getting deleted as well and I have not been given an explanation for as to why this has been happening. It seems that maybe a mod or 2 has been a little too power happy.

Back to Bernie I listened to the bootlegs form 82 I think at the gardens in New York and his playing is improvised. It's almost like he didn't learn the full songs but that version of mr Crowley I listend to was really good compared to this current one.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Nick wrote:
P C M wrote:I like how my post in this thread got deleted. The comment I said on YouTube I will post it again here.....

I saw that too thaught that was a little weird.
My posts have been getting deleted as well and I have not been given an explanation for as to why this has been happening. It seems that maybe a mod or 2 has been a little too power happy.

Back to Bernie I listened to the bootlegs form 82 I think at the gardens in New York and his playing is improvised. It's almost like he didn't learn the full songs but that version of mr Crowley I listend to was really good compared to this current one.

I think he only had like 3-5 days to learn everything, it was really short notice I believe.
friday

Post by friday »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhnp3td-UHU = 21 dislikes ...... I want names :0(

theres men at work , 18.4 million views!!
australian crawl , more good shit
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Holy thread resurrection.

Just watched this today. Wasn't his best performance I'm sure he would admit. Bernie's tone doesn't help him much. It's very dry which means every little mistake is exposed. That said, everyone knows Bernie is a capable player, so I wouldn't take one performance at face value. Glory Road by Gillan is Torme and there's some great playing on that.