Joe Holmes playin' Mr. Crowley !

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

those vids, joe seems to like to face the wall...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

When I saw him he always seemed very private and not a rock star very much like Jaake E Lee.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
polka

Post by polka »

I have an ozzy bootleg with joe holmes (sky pavillion, arizona) in which he plays that song, breaks a string during the solo and still manages change a few notes in order to finish it.
kisag
from the east

Post by from the east »

polka wrote:I have an ozzy bootleg with joe holmes (sky pavillion, arizona) in which he plays that song, breaks a string during the solo and still manages change a few notes in order to finish it.
I heared that a while ago and was very shocked he could carry on so good
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Joe Can Play

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I saw a similar video and my jaw dropped. Mr. Crowley never sounded better. I'm glad there are fans that can appreciate talent when they hear it. Whatever level of songwriting ability Joe possesses I hope he records his own stuff. I'd definitely check it out...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Stiltzkin

Re: Joe Can Play

Post by Stiltzkin »

RR-ElectricAngel wrote:Whatever level of songwriting ability Joe possesses I hope he records his own stuff. I'd definitely check it out...
apparently those abilities were pretty much non existing :?
snowden7772

Post by snowden7772 »

this is a cool post,never actually seen joe play.i did have the boot as well where he broke the string in the first solo of crowley.unfortunately it was on tape not cd.that was the only boot i had with that kind of technical difficulty.
davis

Post by davis »

I dig Joe's tone and guitars.

He got kicked out of Ozzy's band for having zero songwriting skills apparently..
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

davis wrote:I dig Joe's tone and guitars.

He got kicked out of Ozzy's band for having zero songwriting skills apparently..
I find him underated but not as underated as Brad Gillis :?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Trigger wrote:
davis wrote:I dig Joe's tone and guitars.

I find him underated but not as underated as Brad Gillis :?
Brad Gillis is excellent, I really love his playing with Night Ranger, I'm also surprised he's so unheard of.
psydelic

Post by psydelic »

i love joe holmes shows
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

psydelic wrote:i love joe holmes shows
What do you love about them???????
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Re: Joe Holmes playin' Mr. Crowley !

Post by zmack mylde »

I like his presence. He is tall a gangly which made him look kind of spooky like Nosferatu the vampire....it looks very cool with Ozzy's creepy music.
lithead

Re: Joe Holmes playin' Mr. Crowley !

Post by lithead »

For all you Joe Holmes fans,

The first song from FARMIKOS, the new band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE/DAVID LEE ROTH guitarist Joe Holmes, can be streamed at Farmikos.com. Holmes is joined in the new group by former LAIDLAW singer Robert "Robbie" Locke .

Says Holmes: "It's been a long time coming. I'm really proud of this music and am excited about getting it out. So far everything has been done without a label or management and we're in the process of figuring the best way to put this music out.

"I've been working with a great vocalist Robbie Locke and fortunate to have had Robert Trujillo and Brooks Wackerman guest on this set of songs along with songwriting contributions from Brent Hoffort."

http://www.farmikos.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FARMIKOS ... 41?fref=ts