It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:08 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:28 pm 
Madman

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:24 pm
Posts: 329
I just found this.. I can play this solo better. that was crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLDjZon5_e4


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:50 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm
Posts: 832
That was really pathetic lol, he needs to pack it in and retire


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:04 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 pm
Posts: 1660
: /


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:34 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 129
Location: At home
I actually like Zakks version better than this



What was up with those weird harmonics

I am sorry but that was really painful to watch


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:40 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:39 am
Posts: 608
Location: My House
In 1982 when he originally replaced Randy, I could have forgiven him for the poor playing since he'd have had only a couple weeks to learn everything. However, he had 27 years (As of this video) to be able to learn this piece. I get trying to add your own spin on it and all, but damn.

_________________
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:51 am 
Madman

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:24 pm
Posts: 329
I think he is good doing pentatonic blues stuff but playing that kind of stuff....

I'm just complaining because he is supposed to be a professional player ;_)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:53 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
I seen Torme in concert last November he was fkn class... Yeah that vid clip is bad but don't shoot the guy dead for one track.. Think yourself grateful the guy is alive and still playing LIVE !!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:02 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:00 am
Posts: 642
well at least his singing is better than old ripper owens version :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:37 pm 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
Fuck, that's truly awful!

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:17 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
Yeah 'cool comments' when this guy was on the stage probably getting the same shit thrown at him in 1982 from smart arsed RR fans. Not even thinking of the time period he had to learn the set and try to pull off an Ozzy gig without getting slagged to fuck. Bernie is nothing like RR and has never claimed to be, but please give the guy some respect the same way he respects RR to this day and for them reasons alone the guy is cool.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:37 pm 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Yeah 'cool comments' when this guy was on the stage probably getting the same shit thrown at him in 1982 from smart arsed RR fans. Not even thinking of the time period he had to learn the set and try to pull off an Ozzy gig without getting slagged to fuck. Bernie is nothing like RR and has never claimed to be, but please give the guy some respect the same way he respects RR to this day and for them reasons alone the guy is cool.



Bernie may well be cool but if he chooses to play Crowley that badly in front of an audience 27 years after he learned the song, someone is going to speak out.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:13 pm 
Cool Member

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:36 pm
Posts: 217
Sloppy for sure..pick hand and fret hand are a under the influence of fatigue.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:44 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
Well for the record Sky how many people dont like the Living Loud album with the redone Ozzy tracks. I get them and i like them but a majority don't like them for what ever reason ..It's the same thing...it's Bernie probably pulling that track out of the bag and making a hash of it ...unrehearsed and done badly ...But give the guy some slack...or is he not worthy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:07 am 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Well for the record Sky how many people dont like the Living Loud album with the redone Ozzy tracks. I get them and i like them but a majority don't like them for what ever reason ..It's the same thing...it's Bernie probably pulling that track out of the bag and making a hash of it ...unrehearsed and done badly ...But give the guy some slack...or is he not worthy.


I don't think it's the same thing at all, from what I've heard Bernie is a great bloke but his playing on Crowley in that clip isn't good, I think Randy would probably say the same. Steve Morse's playing on the Living Loud album is great, whether I like his interpretation doesn't come into whether his playing is technically good or not. As it happens, I don't like Jimmy Barnes as a singer or a frontman and I think they should've used someone else in Living Loud, that's just my opinion, obviously the management/record company didn't agree.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Awful Bernie Torme MR crowley rendition 2009
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:26 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
Sky wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Well for the record Sky how many people dont like the Living Loud album with the redone Ozzy tracks. I get them and i like them but a majority don't like them for what ever reason ..It's the same thing...it's Bernie probably pulling that track out of the bag and making a hash of it ...unrehearsed and done badly ...But give the guy some slack...or is he not worthy.


I don't think it's the same thing at all, from what I've heard Bernie is a great bloke but his playing on Crowley in that clip isn't good, I think Randy would probably say the same. Steve Morse's playing on the Living Loud album is great, whether I like his interpretation doesn't come into whether his playing is technically good or not. As it happens, I don't like Jimmy Barnes as a singer or a frontman and I think they should've used someone else in Living Loud, that's just my opinion, obviously the management/record company didn't agree.



I agree the only thing i didnt like were the vocals , apart from that i thought it was good.NIce to see people standing up to the resident bully :)


Attachments:
bully.jpg [21.71 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net