Bernie Interview from 1982

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Bernie Interview from 1982

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

ImageImage
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

That was a great read.

Thanks Shaun

Matt
Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thanks for sharing that!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Randy died and Bernie was in place in 6 days? I'd not heard that before. I thought it was a couple of weeks.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Also when you consider all of us (Randy fans) have had years to go over Mr Crowley Crazy Train etc and are still baffled by all those little nuances of Randy's that make us appreciate his genius...

Bernie went out there cold and had to learn an entire set in a matter of days!!

Hats off to him8)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Randy died and Bernie was in place in 6 days? I'd not heard that before. I thought it was a couple of weeks.
These are the known Bernie/Ozzy boot shows I know Bethlehem is the first show, but I am not certain without checking in Randy Perry's section which was the last. Although this does shows at least 10 days together not 6 as stated in the article.

Bethlehem 1 Apr 1982
Boston 2 Apr 1982
New Haven 3 Apr 1982
New York 5 Apr 1982
Providence 6 Apr 1982
Rochester 10 Apr 1982
Last edited by Trigger on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

"blow up a sheep with dynamite up its ass!" LOL
it still ammuses me how people used to believed all this stuff about ozzy being satanic.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rice_pudding wrote:"blow up a sheep with dynamite up its ass!" LOL
it still ammuses me how people used to believed all this stuff about ozzy being satanic.

That's all an extension of the Alice Cooper chicken incident...
Alice Cooper wrote:
We played the Toronto Peace Festival with John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and the Doors. While we were on, somebody from the audience threw a chicken on stage. I'm from Detroit, I'm not a farm kid. I figured a chicken had wings, it'll fly away. So I took the chicken and threw it and it didn't fly. It went into the audience. Blood everywhere. The next day, everybody's reading, "Alice Cooper rips chicken's head off, drinks blood." Zappa called me. He said, "Whatever you did, keep doing it." To this day, wherever I'm booked the ASPCA is usually there, too.

Everything Ozzy became in the '80's, he really owes to what Alice Cooper did in the '70's. The origianl shock king was Alice. It's kind of ironic that Randy wasn't a Sabbath fan but was an Alice fan.