Bernie Torme @ Ultimate Rhoads

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bernie Torme @ Ultimate Rhoads

Post by Trigger »

I am pleased to report that Bernie Torme has agreed to answer any questions we have :D . I know you all have lots to ask him about his time filling in for Randy and his broader career, if you want to add your questions here or to me via PM we will post up Bernies replies when he is back in touch. 8)

Trigger
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Thats really good news i'll have to think of something to ask the 'Electric Gypsie'...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Nice! 8)
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

Bernie:

Welcome and thank you for participating here.

The boots I have heard of your performances on the DOAM tour are nothing short of amazing given the unimaginable circumstances surrounding the dates you took part in.

I speak for many of us when I say that we admire and respect your artistry as well as how you have handled the many questions about this short period of your career. Lesser artists would have become frustrated and exasperated with the incessant Rhoads questions. It is important that you know that your contributions are appreciated by many of us.

When you were asked to join the DOAM tour, and during your participation:

1. were you made aware of any live footage (other than the famous “After Hoursâ€Â
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Great questions stress to stress.

I would like to ask Bernie (I forgot when I had the chance) how much the blues influenced/influences him like his hero Jimi Hendrix.

1. Does your style have a direct influence from blues like Jimi Hendrix' playing or is your influence of blues via people like Jimi?

Cheers

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

All great questions above, can't think of any more really. OK here's one, Has Bernie bumped into Ozzy in recent years and if so, does Ozzy actually recall their time together, bearing in mind Ozzy's inability to remember much from back in the day?
Mike541x
Cool Member

Post by Mike541x »

I wanna thank Bernie for stopping by to answer out Questions

Here are my questions.

1.Similar to stress2stress's Q: In Off The Rails, Rudy mentions that you had to use some of Randy's pedals. You mentioned yo Rudy it had "A Mind of its own". Did it keep doing it on the other concerts?

2. How much did you know about Randy when he was still alive?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Bernie cheers for having the time to do this Q & A interview.Just a few questions for you...
Your time in Ozzy's band was very short lived but it has been such a big major talking point in your carreer.What part of your carreer have you enjoyed the most and why ? and you cannot say GMT OK...LOL!!

Your legendary stutter has been mentioned in previous past interviews how come it doesn't effect your singing and has this ever been a problem on stage..I hope you don't mind me asking about this...

I've heard a rumour that 'Gillan' are having a reunion. If you and 'Monseur' McCoy are approached to be in the line up would you take on this project. Bearing in mind that this would probably be a temporary project with you being involved with John McCoy in GMT and Ian Gillan with Deep Purple..

Do you have any plans for a possible UK tour ?
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Randy Perry

Post by Randy Perry »

I liked Matthew's previous post, I'd like to throw in SRV's name to that question too. Reason being:

I remember playing Bernie's song RIVER from the Wild Irish cd for a few friends who had, really, no idea who Bernie was. One of them guessed Stevie Ray Vaughn. I figure that if someone is going to mistake you for someone, why not someone like THAT!?
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I wonder when Bernie stepped on stage with Ozzy for the first time; did he have a battle plan with Randy's songs...ie "Okay here I will improvised around e pentatonic here as I haven't had time to do it note for note" etc

or with all the rush was it all hectic and intense and just a case of close your eyes and think of Ireland in Bernie's case.

I was so excited when I saw him I asked all wallyish questions and as I waved goodbye the good questions crept back!!

Thanks Mr Perry!!!
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Bernie you have a great love for the Fender Strat have you ever played any other guitars.How many strats do you have at the moment...
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

Mr. Torme, thank you so much for your time. I just wanted to say I've always had a lot of respect for you for stepping into what must have been an extremely tough situation all around.
My questions would be, how was the fans reaction to you during your short stint with Ozzy, and if you had it all to do over again, would you still make the same decision to step in? Good luck and God bless!
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Re: Bernie Torme @ Ultimate Rhoads

Post by siro_angel »

Dear Bernie.

First of all I would like to thank you for your autograph you had kindly wrote for me last year :)

My question would be, that I have heard in a guitar magazine that you had a spooky encounter with Randy's pedals, I am curious to what was actually going on, and how did it effect your performance? (if it did)

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Bernie your stage clothes have been very varied over the years.I especially liked your image during your Gillan days with your 'eye patch' and ZAP ' make up.You've went from wearing the Hendrix style military jackets to tarten bondage trousers.Where do you get your clothes and ideas for your image...
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Bernie your stage clothes have been very varied over the years.I especially liked your image during your Gillan days with your 'eye patch' and ZAP ' make up.You've went from wearing the Hendrix style military jackets to tarten bondage trousers.Where do you get your clothes and ideas for your image...
I nveer thought of that...interesting question :!: