GMT Bernie Torme - John McCoy - Robin Guy Hard Rock Hell

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

GMT Bernie Torme - John McCoy - Robin Guy Hard Rock Hell

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I had an absolute brilliant experience last weekend.Me brothers band Avenger played down at the HardRockHell Winter Metal Ball at Minehead Bristol UK.As per usual i was there to take the bands photos and get shit faced as you've got to do!! when metal music and drinking alcohol fuse they go together like Peaches & Cream... :lol: Well the Friday was a bit of a quiet event..We just got pissed and tried to focus on as many bands as possible i managed to see the last of Vixen an all girl band followed by Girlschool funnely another all girl band followed by Crucified Barbara another Yes youve guest it all girl band.But CB were well fit Jesus the bass player was well HOT and she hadn't hit a note...They don't like being called 'Sexy Mother F**kers ...I thought that was a compliment...The next morning i had breakfast with Girlschool what a nice down to earth bunch of lasses..It was sad when i heard Kelly Johnson had died with spinal cancer back in July 2007...but it was cool to see the girls carryin on 'It was what she would of wanted'..All of the original members aswell! apart from Kelly's replacement Jackie..I noticed a bunch of VIPS behind me during my lunch and noticed amongst them UFO's Vinnie Moore and Iron Maiden's lighting tech 'Dave "The light's' who has been with Maiden since day one ..A very nice open guy who was one of the lads and helping UFO out with a new lighting rigg..Vinnie Moore was more interested in getting his head down into his food but he did sign a few items for me after he'd had his dessert...The Saturday was a good all round fun day but all this standing about watching bands was hard work after a 13 hour long stand ..I was like Bambi after being born my legs were well shakey.I just had to numb the pain with more drink YES....First band up GMT and for the people who don't know these guys its Bernie Torme ex Gillan ,Ozzy, Desparado (with Twisted Sister's Dee Snider), Electric Gypsies.John McCoy ex Gillan.Robin Guy ex Bruce Dickinson, Faith No More.I was really looking forward to seeing Bernie and the band and i wasn't dissapointed.I think they opened up with Cannon Ball ? The guitar sound was very Hendrix like but in Bernie's own style i like how he uses feedback like him! Cool stuff.John McCoy was a cool customer and wrongly intruduced the next song but he got away with it ..'Rocky Road to Dublin'...A celtic irish feel with a rock edge and a bit of humour aswell ...I was like a pirate on a sea schanty swigging on me ale and taking photos..They saved the last for best and hit us with Gillan's cover 'New Orleans' which got the crowd in excellent mood followed by the Deep Purple's anthem 'Smoke on the Water' with John McCoy's bass in smoking style from the head stock with its bison like horns a very eccentric guitar if i've ever seen one..Just when we thought this was our last song Bernie introduced a special guest on stage 'Twisted Sisters Dee "Fucking" Snider 'without the drag queen clothes and make up.But with a bad ass attitude to whip the crowd up to a cream..They did the old Desparado number 'Am I Evil' which was a pleasent end to a special set..Just to make the day that extra bit special i bumped into the band later on and they had time to chat to everyone a cool bunch of 'Electric Gypsies' and no sign of egotisticle shit just nice guys doing what they love...'ill send some pics up from the gig and give you part 2 of my review later ok
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Check out this on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVMMDg0nfcs
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I am so sorry I have missed this. Thanks so much for the review and photos!.

Bernie has cut his hair too!!!

We are sseeing GMT on December the 14th so I am even more excited now

Cheers

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Matt where are you going to see Bernie ? I was going to forward these to Bernie to use on his website.I've got some really cool photos from 1984 when he toured with Phil Lewis from Girl and L.A Guns.Do you have a contact email adress that you can send PM me...Enjoy the gig mate..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The rest of Saturday was a bit of a task as the whole posse was some what tired and in need of some serious sleep.But like hardened soldiers we marched on to the next event which was Twisted Sister the billing had been slow in the change over so we missed Saxon.But TS did us proud and played an awesome set with classics like Under the Blade ,I Wanna Rock,I Am (I'm Me),Tear It Loose, It's Only Rock N Roll,SMF and to keep us in festive mode a Christmas jingle 'I saw Mommy fu***ng Santa Clause' entitled Silver Bells which is part of a Christmas CD they are putting out.Dee Snider loves his banter inbetween songs and he's good with the crowd.The last time i seen these was back in 1983-84 and they went down just aswell.Good to see the original line up back together.Next up was UFO and again it was good to see the old line up back together apart from Schenker who was in my mind no miss with the guitar antics of Vinnie Moore who is as good, if not better then Schenker.They played a mixed set with old and new songs but they had to do the classics Shoot Shoot and Doctor Doctor which got every bodies heads a nodding.We managed to get backstage to see Saxon and UFO and Biff was a pleasure to meet what a cool funny customer.UFO were some what wasted and i think Pete Way and Phil Mogg where on another planet but they signed autographs for us and Vinnie Moore made the comment of given Pete Way a bit of privacy while he got changed 'He's not a pretty sight with his clothes off! never mind on' LOL!..But we retired in good mood with an early morning start 6:30 am and 3am on my watch it was time for some Zzzzzzzzzzz... I'm really looking forward to this gig next year what a great idea having a Metal Fest in the Winter what a ball..
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Shaun, I'm guessing you had the best time by your post.
What's funny, is that can imagine you telling us as if we were in a room, and you NEVER stop to take a breath! haha. It's all good, tho. Glad you had fun, and keep us up-to-date on the latest gigs.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sarab wrote:Shaun, I'm guessing you had the best time by your post.
What's funny, is that can imagine you telling us as if we were in a room, and you NEVER stop to take a breath! haha. It's all good, tho. Glad you had fun, and keep us up-to-date on the latest gigs.
Gina you must know me better then you think unless you've been talking to Gazza - Fozzy.If i get on my soap box its not very often i'll give it up..HA! HA!..I'm a good talker but an absolutely shit listener..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

These are some other photos from the Hard Rock Hell Winter Metal Festival
ImageImageImageImage AVENGER on stage and backstage with fellow rockers RAVEN
ImageImage
CRADLE OF FILTH
ImageImage
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Shaun, no pictures of you with the bands?
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sarab wrote:Shaun, no pictures of you with the bands?
Gina thats a bit of a blonde girl question if im the 'photographer' i only ever take photos of my eye and thats when i'm really f***ed up with the drink.But i did get me photo taken with one of the lad's phone and that was with Biff from Saxon, and i had a small video taken of me when i had a bit of an accident with a crossbow.Never try to take a crossbow to pieces when you've had 8 bottles of Newcastle Broon and 7 bottles of Kronenberg 1664.It was a mad video it reminded me of the Blair Witch project with me pouring of blood with an inch cut in my forehead ...
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

HEY!!! I was just asking. Didn't think it was that dumb of a question.
:P
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Matt where are you going to see Bernie ? I was going to forward these to Bernie to use on his website.I've got some really cool photos from 1984 when he toured with Phil Lewis from Girl and L.A Guns.Do you have a contact email adress that you can send PM me...Enjoy the gig mate..
Hi

We are seeing them at Walthamstow (London) We are meeting up afterwards if I can be of any help?

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sarab wrote:HEY!!! I was just asking. Didn't think it was that dumb of a question.
Gina don't go all sad blondie we all have our problems...LOL!! Joking aside Gina i took 240 photographs over that weekend and i never got one taken of me..I got the bass player out of the Pat Travers band to take me photo with Pat and it came out all blurred and out of focus..I'm just not the type of guy who loves the camera...unless i'm on the other end of it... :wink:
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Sarab wrote:HEY!!! I was just asking. Didn't think it was that dumb of a question.
Gina don't go all sad blondie we all have our problems...LOL!! Joking aside Gina i took 240 photographs over that weekend and i never got one taken of me..I got the bass player out of the Pat Travers band to take me photo with Pat and it came out all blurred and out of focus..I'm just not the type of guy who loves the camera...unless i'm on the other end of it... :wink:
Good one! But tell me, who took the picture of you with the cod???
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Sarab wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Good one! But tell me, who took the picture of you with the cod???

So you like fish :lol: