Flying High Again

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Rhoads10

Flying High Again

Post by Rhoads10 »

has anybody ever realized that the words to the song flying high again kind of fortell to Randy's death in the airplane carsh

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand - Gotta get away from here. Feeling like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground - Waiting for the sun to appear."

1.the plane crash took place early in the morning brfor sunrise " Waiting for the sun to appear."
2.he flew in the plane "Feeling like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground"

has the very best solo though actuially feels like your flying when you listen to it like you leave yourself you know what i mean?

this was also the last song written on the diary of a madman album
freaky huh.
Last edited by Rhoads10 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Hickman

From Obsecurity to Eternity
1956-1982

Yeah

Post by 41533 »

Yeah freaky
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Hey R10,
i dont think the words relate at all, Randy wanted to get a degree in classical music, he certainly didnt want to get away from anything IMO
Rob200
Cool Member

Re: Flying High Again

Post by Rob200 »

Rhoads10 wrote:
1.the plane crash took place early in the morning brfor sunrise " Waiting for the sun to appear."
2.he flew in the plane "Feeling like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground."
Skezz I think he is just making referance to those lyirics he has in #1 #2.

Very freaky dude!
"..After a week still I didn't believe it. You know I'm really proud and honored, and..I don't want to stop hear you know.."
Randy Rhoads @ the MTV Best New Talent Award
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Nice theory! And there are some coincidences there for sure.....

But the lyrics were written by Bob Daisley. The song "Flying High" is about taking drugs. (if I remember correctly) Bob knew one guy in Australia who was always asking him "Are you Flying high tonight?". Suggesting he would trip on drugs that night. So that was the inspiration for the songtitle and lyrics.(check the Bob interviews, those are great read stuff!)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This songs called " Flying High Again So Keep on smoking them joints" :o :shock: :shock: :o .I'd love to know how many times Ozzy has said those words over his career. ???????
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:This songs called " Flying High Again So Keep on smoking them joints"
No .. Just Flying High Again
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

There are some references, Got a crazy feeling I don't understand - Gotta get away from here. Feeling like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground but thats about it. The crash did not happen before the sun came up since it was around 9 am and flying high again was not the last song written on diary, i believe sato would have that honor.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

zero wrote:..sato would have that honor.
Did you know that S.A.T.O. stands for Sharon Ate Thelma Osbourne :wink: ?? Although some are certain that it stands for Sharon ate the Oreos... which would make sense since Sharon used to be rather large... I just don'r see any oreo references in the songs lyrics - maybe Bob wasn't a big fan of cookies?
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

RockyRhoads wrote:
Did you know that S.A.T.O. stands for Sharon Ate Thelma Osbourne :wink: ?? Although some are certain that it stands for Sharon ate the Oreos... which would make sense since Sharon used to be rather large... I just don'r see any oreo references in the songs lyrics - maybe Bob wasn't a big fan of cookies?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: OH WOW! THAT'S SUCH A GREAT SONG NAME!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

OK

I think this is a big coincidence BUT I just wanna say I love the solo in 'Flying HIgh Again' I think it has amazing style, it was one of the things that turned me onto his playing.

Also I imagine that either SATO or Little Dolls was the last track recorded as both seem a little un-finished, although how great would they have been if Randy had been given a chance to complete them? 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Flying High Again

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Rhoads10 wrote:has the very best solo though actuially feels like your flying when you listen to it like you leave yourself you know what i mean?
IYeah I know what you mean, it gives me sort of flying/rolling coaster feeling as well. 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Stiltzkin wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:This songs called " Flying High Again So Keep on smoking them joints"
No .. Just Flying High Again
I think he was referring to the Tribute version of the song where Ozzy says "We're going to do a number off the new album for you now. It's a number called 'Flying High' so keep on smoking them joints."
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

RockyRhoads wrote:
Did you know that S.A.T.O. stands for Sharon Ate Thelma Osbourne ?
I have also read that S.A.T.O. may stand for SAIL AWAY TO OZZ.

Josh
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Rob200
Cool Member

Post by Rob200 »

axeman_12656 wrote:
RockyRhoads wrote:
Did you know that S.A.T.O. stands for Sharon Ate Thelma Osbourne ?
I have also read that S.A.T.O. may stand for SAIL AWAY TO OZZ.

Josh
Yep There is like 3 titles to that songLOL Olny Ozzy probally knows what the hell it stands for

Sharon Arden Thelma Osbourne

Sail Across the Ocean

and Ive also heard the "Sail Away to Ozz" also
"..After a week still I didn't believe it. You know I'm really proud and honored, and..I don't want to stop hear you know.."
Randy Rhoads @ the MTV Best New Talent Award