Lost Rhoads Lessons

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Rhoads10

Lost Rhoads Lessons

Post by Rhoads10 »

i just got the december issue of guitar world with the missing randy rhoads lessons these lessons look really good and i have audio if anybody wants it
Eric Hickman

From Obsecurity to Eternity
1956-1982
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I know Stiltzkin would like a copy but I haven't heard back from him yet. That lesson is great don't you think? Do you have the one from 1990 that came out of Guitar magazine?
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

RR-ElectricAngel wrote:I know Stiltzkin would like a copy but I haven't heard back from him yet.
Whaat ?

I sent you a PM :?
easter

Post by easter »

I hope you can post it here
rokket
Madman

Teacher and Great Guitarist.

Post by rokket »

Life is cruel sometimes, Randy had so much more to give.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

At the same time, Randy was given the opportunity to experience the world beyond this one and was freed from the pain and suffering of this life. It all depends on your point of view.
rhoadsscholar
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by rhoadsscholar »

Hey guys, been away for a while. If you like the GuitarWorld article, it was a review of an e-book I put together with a lot more material/lessons, etc. Guitar World did a great job and Brad Tolinski and Andy Aledort put out the best guitar publication around. I know some of you bought the e-book at RhoadsScholar.com. I'd love to hear from you guys, what you think, etc. I'll be going to the 25th anniversary memorial in San Bernardino (I'm 6' 8" and I'll be wearing the same shirt at the end of the GUitarWorld article, gotta keep it interesting you know.) Look me up if you go. I'd like to meet some of the folks from this board and randyrhoads.tk)

the site is http://www.rhoadsscholar.com

So now that you've had the lessons for a while, let me know what you think. I'll be getting around to the video lessons this summer.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Great Article

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Yes I did get a copy of it. I like the personal touches about Randy in the book. Overall, very informative about how Randy taught. The only thing I would consider changing would be the font. The font was a little difficult to read at times. Very cool of you to do that for Randy. I hope you don't mind but I incorporate some of what Randy taught you to my my own guitar students.

If you go to the 25th anniversary please-please-please take lots of pictures and post some of them here. I can't go but I'd like to at least know what it is like...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Y'know, I found those lesson papers helpful when used in combination with a couple of Randy's lessons I have in .mp3 format. Their lessons Randy tape recorded with his students. When I hear the lesson being taught and work through examples in your lessons, they make more sense to me.

It would be wonderful to be able to see written lesson material and audio from the same lesson. The only thing better would be video of Randy giving lessons or, of course, sitting down with Randy himself. Since I doubt any film of a lesson was ever recorded, audio would have to do. That would make an incredible book/cd combination.
frank

Post by frank »

rhoadscholar, do you have any tapes from your time with randy? i know he encouraged students to tape their lessons.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

frank wrote:rhoadscholar, do you have any tapes from your time with randy? i know he encouraged students to tape their lessons.
why is that?
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
frank

Post by frank »

Sarab wrote:
frank wrote:rhoadscholar, do you have any tapes from your time with randy? i know he encouraged students to tape their lessons.
why is that?
he covered so much material that it would be good to record and go back over stuff that you may have missed.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

how long were the lessons, generally?
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
frank

Post by frank »

Sarab wrote:how long were the lessons, generally?
mine ran an hour. usually over.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

frank wrote:
Sarab wrote:how long were the lessons, generally?
mine ran an hour. usually over.
i'll have to listen to those tapes one day... :)
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.