Off the Rails synopsis...Plus a review

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Off the Rails synopsis...Plus a review

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm glad to be the proud owner of this book i've been waiting for well over a year for this and its well overdue.The back cover reads like this.........

Among the many reasons why i took upon the task of writing this book was to clear a lot of misinformation and bogus theories that circulate on the internet regarding Randy Rhoad's life and death.Believe me,it was not easily chronicling all of the daily events that happened on and off the road.Fortunately,i had kept a journal of our travels so i had accurate details.
But as i started my journey down memory lane the most remarkable things happened,I felt that i was back in time reliving all the moments.It was great to have Randy alive,if only inside my head during the writing process,but as i neared the chapter depicting his untimely death i began to procrastinate..You see,I didn't want to lose him again.That chapter was the hardest one to write
Though Randy's been gone for nearly 25 years his spirit still remains and from time to time he still showers us with gifts such as this.The last thing i expected when i sat down to write this book and began wondering down the long and winding passages of my mind was at the end of the journey i was going to find myself.Thanks Randy R.I.P
Rudy Sarzo September 2006
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I ordered this the day it came up on Amazon and they say it should arrive around November 6th! I guess I should have forked over the extra cash to get it sent 'next day'...
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Share A Little

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Great! Hope you indulge us with some of the tidbits that come out of that book. That kind of makes you THE "storyteller"...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was amazed how quickly the book got to me i paid the extra charge for the special courier and it was posted 3 days later all the way from the U S of A.
I'm about 70 pages into the book and i've got to say its a riveting read.The book starts off mentioning Rudys first days when he'd getting the gig with Ozzy then it back tracks to the Quiet Riot days .The story does a full circle and picks up back to where youve started its very informative and its got some wicked funny stories from Ozzy antics with his bodily movements to Rudy's initiation and baptism of Cheese dipp!!.The story does get a bit repetitive in the diary routine of the daily antics Randy and Rudes check in, go sightseeing, travel to the gig etc.But it doesn't stop you from turning the page to get to the next chapter.One particular story covers Ozzy's biting the heads from not one! dove but surprisingly two.. as Rudy tells the story in a first hand account from him witnessing the second dove being munched upon.The chapters are going to get better i can sense. But i'm not looking forward to the sad issue of reading about the accident etc and it's part and parcel of this book.Anyhow i'll not give too much away and i'll give you another review as i near the middle of the book Ok.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The next part of the book covers mainly Rudy's story and picks up from when he escaped Castro's Cuba at the age of 10 and how he went on to become a musician.It covers how he met his first love and leads up to the Diary tour it still has the dairy date to date feel with reviews from the gigs which seem to think that Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley are doing the gigs instead.??Ozzy's trip to the clinic to try and get him sorted in the head for his depression/drinking/drugs, which seems to be with him throughout the tours and probably the book.Plenty stuff to keep you interested.I'll give you a review in full when the books finished hopefully in the morning if i don't fall asleep.
easter

Post by easter »

where can I get the book?
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

easter wrote:where can I get the book?
amazon.com
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

At last i managed to finish the book and i'm dissapointed that i have finished it,i didn't want the journey to end.It was a truly difficult chapter to read March 19th 1982 but i couldn't help myself wanting to learn more and to find out what really happened on that date.Everyone knows the outcome but you still want the hero to survive and come through this chapter.It opened my eyes in parts and it does give the reader an eyewitness account on a very detailed history of events that was Randy's Rudy's and Ozzy's short time spell in the Blizzard of Ozz.If you haven't read the book i would get this on your Christmas list and start dropping a few hints that it's a must BUY.