Randy and Dean Guitars

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Nick
Cool Member

Randy and Dean Guitars

Post by Nick »

So we have all seen the pictures of Randy with the Flying V dean guitar, my question regards around a rumor.

The rumor is that before Randy got famous he went to dean guitars to get a custom axe and they turned him down, is this true?????
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Randy and Dean Guitars

Post by Tito »

i think he tried to get an endorsement from them and got turned down
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Yes, he went to a NAAM show, if I'm not mistaken. He tried to get an endorsement, but the guy turned him down. After that, Randy called Dean guitars "firewood".
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Cryptic Night wrote:Yes, he went to a NAAM show, if I'm not mistaken. He tried to get an endorsement, but the guy turned him down. After that, Randy called Dean guitars "firewood".

If I am not mistaken dean guitars are pretty good are they not? I have never played them so.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

As with most guitar companies, their high-end stuff is pretty good. Randy tried to get an endorsement from them, but because he was a "nobody" at the time, they wouldn't do it. Guess it pissed him off so he refused to play Dean guitars after that? I don't know for sure. All I know is the story in which he called Dean guitars firewood.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

ive never liked the inverted head stock on the Dean guitars so ugly...Randy wise choice dont use firewood pieces of shit...Stick to your Jacksons dude ;-)
Watson503

Post by Watson503 »

I guess it is good that this happened, otherwise we might be seeing Randy's name pimped as they've been doing with Dime's since his passing. Gotta crack-up at Randy calling them "firewood" - the higher-level and some of the mid-range S. Korean made axes are nice but the low-end stuff they pump-out is pretty damn much firewood.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Watson503 wrote:I guess it is good that this happened, otherwise we might be seeing Randy's name pimped as they've been doing with Dime's since his passing.
Doesn't Jackson do that? lol

Not to the same degree, of course, but there are plenty of RR Jackson guitars out there. Even some weird stuff (Roswell Jackson, anybody?).
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Cryptic Night wrote:
Watson503 wrote:I guess it is good that this happened, otherwise we might be seeing Randy's name pimped as they've been doing with Dime's since his passing.

Not to the same degree, of course, but there are plenty of RR Jackson guitars out there. Even some weird stuff (Roswell Jackson, anybody?).

What was the whole deal regarding the Roswell Jackson guitars anyway ?
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Nick wrote:
Cryptic Night wrote:

What was the whole deal regarding the Roswell Jackson guitars anyway ?
I would guess that it was a "radical" styling of the "classic" RR guitar shape. I don't think it ever took off though.