Fuel for the fire?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

romeorose2

Re: Fuel for the fire?

Post by romeorose2 »

skezza wrote:
Shockwave wrote:I think it's just this sight that's taken a nose dive, not all message boards. Even in its heyday these boards were neve busy either here or at Tk. Other places boards i visit daily still have hundreds or thousands of post everyday.
Not just this site, trust me.
I don't know... I've been watching the mygnrforum.com for about 15 years now, and that place has always been super active even before the GNR reunion announcement. Hundreds of pages get posted on one thread in just a day or twos time often times.

I also read the forum for Fractal Audio, Reaper, and Carvin guitars and they are pretty active.

Steve Vai has some active forums on the Jemsite forums and Vai forums.

I don't really keep up with any others so those are the only ones I can speak on.

I think a lot of the problem is that this newer generation of youth are so dumbed down, everything to them is TL;DR. They have attention spans of gnats and are too lazy to read anything longer than Twitter style 127 characters or less style of writing.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

romeorose2 wrote:
skezza wrote:
Shockwave wrote:I think it's just this sight that's taken a nose dive, not all message boards. Even in its heyday these boards were neve busy either here or at Tk. Other places boards i visit daily still have hundreds or thousands of post everyday.
Not just this site, trust me.
I don't know... I've been watching the mygnrforum.com for about 15 years now, and that place has always been super active even before the GNR reunion announcement. Hundreds of pages get posted on one thread in just a day or twos time often times.

I also read the forum for Fractal Audio, Reaper, and Carvin guitars and they are pretty active.

Steve Vai has some active forums on the Jemsite forums and Vai forums.

I don't really keep up with any others so those are the only ones I can speak on.

I think a lot of the problem is that this newer generation of youth are so dumbed down, everything to them is TL;DR. They have attention spans of gnats and are too lazy to read anything longer than Twitter style 127 characters or less style of writing.
The problem is you're not comparing like with like. How can we keep attracting new members or people to join when there's simply no interest it seems? Steve Vai knocks out new music etc.

However, I've noticed a lot of car forums, have lost a lot of following it seems. I don't know. I think both this site and JakeELee.com need an overhaul and some work, it's just finding the time man. I don't have any, at all.
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

why is there no ultimate rhoads facebook page? maybe we can keep the community alive there.
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

alex1251 wrote:why is there no ultimate rhoads facebook page? maybe we can keep the community alive there.
Good point. 8)
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

alex1251 wrote:why is there no ultimate rhoads facebook page? maybe we can keep the community alive there.
I've often thought of this & totally agree it's a good idea. Facebook is a form of social media that seems to be growing daily & certainly is popular with the younger generation & is easily accessible via smart phone. It would certainly be a way to keep this page/ forum alive & would help introduce other / younger Facebook users to Randy's legacy.

I personally have no idea how to set up or fun a Facebook page, maybe it's something for the moderators here to think about as they have prior experience/ knowledge running this forum.

Just my 2 cents on the matter...
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

UR was happening long before any FB pages and the idea of following suit to be popular. We have survived where others have failed and the site would be mocked for trying to out do the 'other' more popular RR FB sites. Even though this info is all here to be viewed and the contents are regularly taking/stolen to make other places look hip. Trend setting isn't the way forward, this place gets enough activity. Just people are lazy and decide not to post. Maybe because they cannot think of anything original to say. I'd rather see this place with tumble weed blowing through it then have to follow facebook similar sites. Amen!!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i agree with that idol!!!!most people on fb dont know shit about randy,just reply to his look guitars etc.its unbelievable the nonsense that comes out of some of their mouths.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Tito wrote:i agree with that idol!!!!most people on fb dont know shit about randy,just reply to his look guitars etc.its unbelievable the nonsense that comes out of some of their mouths.
Agreed

Tito you alive?? How have you been man it's been a long time since I seen you post anything
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

good bro..im still around!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:UR was happening long before any FB pages and the idea of following suit to be popular. We have survived where others have failed and the site would be mocked for trying to out do the 'other' more popular RR FB sites. Even though this info is all here to be viewed and the contents are regularly taking/stolen to make other places look hip. Trend setting isn't the way forward, this place gets enough activity. Just people are lazy and decide not to post. Maybe because they cannot think of anything original to say. I'd rather see this place with tumble weed blowing through it then have to follow facebook similar sites. Amen!!
+1
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.