Randy's legacy from now on?.....

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Randy's legacy from now on?.....

Post by Trigger »

We recently learned of the passing of Delores who as his mother guarded his reputation and controlled the release of his music with a rid of iron! Nothing got released if it wasn't perfect it portrayed him in a less than saintly light.

What do you think will happen next?

I hope the family will give a more honest portrayal of randy and not be afraid for his flaws to be know, and that anything he worked on be released despite it perhaps not being his finest work.
Errors and less than perfect material would allow us to better understand his craft and what made him the musician he was.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
devorerd
Cool Member

Re: Randy's legacy from now on?.....

Post by devorerd »

So I firmly believe there will be additional "Tributes" coming from the Rhoads family, but it will take sometime. More video is likely too IMO, some of the probable folks will work in concert with the Rhoads family, bypass Ms. Sharon and get it done...but that will take time..I can see the family working with Bob D and helping bridge the gap with the Osbornes on the "Holy Grail" tapes he posses. So let's keep RR memory alive and beat the drums whenever we can!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if not much changes. We have to keep in mind that there isn't much stuff of Randy to begin with. Also the Bob/Osbournes situation is something that I doubt the remaining Rhoads could help resolve. I could see more Randy Rhoads Remembered type stuff or even a documentary but time will tell.

When it comes to film being released I think it'll take either a really good bootleg or a official release from the Osbournes to get the trickle effect going. And I'm not talking about footage where the camera is on Ozzy/Rudy for 95% of the film. I'm talking something in the light of After Hours. As of right now RR footage is very sought after by RR fans so it'll take something big to bring down the "holy grail" status that film gets. When the value goes down people will be more inclined to release it.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

as his mother guarded his reputation and controlled the release of his music with a rid of iron! Nothing got released if it wasn't perfect it portrayed him in a less than saintly light
I hope the family will give a more honest portrayal of randy and not be afraid for his flaws to be know, and that anything he worked on be released despite it perhaps not being his finest work.
Errors and less than perfect material would allow us to better understand his craft and what made him the musician he was.'

i disagree.Why show him in less than perfect light?To please the insatiable appetites of fanatics?With the internet,picking your nose is no longer a private matter-its everybody's business.Its ridiculous.We know some pf the less than saintly aspects of rr's life how much more do we need or deserve and for what purpose?

As for his legacy...the guitars....His brother and sister are in their sixties and wtf are they gonna do with those axes?They should sell them to the place in seattle if paul allen is interested.Im sure they could get a few million for the 4main axes.Or maybe jackson should buy them.Its kinda weird to be holding onto those things and not being able to put them to any use.Also they must be way underinsured and it would be a shame if an equake destroyed them.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

The guitars have been away for so long and in the Rhoads possession for so long that I think it would be odd to see them on display anywhere. Should have been buried with Randy if they were just going to be hidden for all these years. Still the les Paul should be buried with him today. But if word ever got out then it would be vandalized pretty quick I imagine.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:I hope the family will give a more honest portrayal of randy and not be afraid for his flaws to be know, and that anything he worked on be released despite it perhaps not being his finest work.
Considering the extended fight over the book Andrew Klein put out, I would doubt Kathy and Kelle would do anything differently than their mother did.

To be honest, I would like to see them do just that - continue as their mother did, out of respect for her and for Randy. Sure he had flaws, and yes, I'd love to hear more lesson tapes, etc. but I would hate to see the two remaining Rhoads' open the gates and cash in on Randy's fame. They each have their own lives and maybe it's time to let Randy finally rest in peace.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Ian, don't forget there's the extensive legal issues that have seemingly taken over his legacy :(
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote: ...but I would hate to see the two remaining Rhoads' open the gates and cash in on Randy's fame. They each have their own lives and maybe it's time to let Randy finally rest in peace.
I think it will be the opposite Paul i think they have waited for this time for Dee to pass on so they can open the flood gates and cash in big time. They'll use Randy's name and hope to make a big fat bundle of cash... I just hope they do it in a respectable way to honour him and Dee.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote: ...but I would hate to see the two remaining Rhoads' open the gates and cash in on Randy's fame. They each have their own lives and maybe it's time to let Randy finally rest in peace.
I think it will be the opposite Paul i think they have waited for this time for Dee to pass on so they can open the flood gates and cash in big time. They'll use Randy's name and hope to make a big fat bundle of cash... I just hope they do it in a respectable way to honour him and Dee.

I totally agree but than again who the fuck am I? :wink:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was wondering what will happen to the family home, the place where Randy was born and grew up. I know Dee kept Randy's room locked and unchanged from 1982 to present day. His car was left on the drive for many years until it was decided to push the car into the garage. Will the bedroom be opened and what will happen to Randy's possessions ?. Will his car be sent to the breakers yard or will it become a noted piece in a museum. Will any of Randy's gear end up on ebay or auctioned off ?. I know it's early days but it will be interesting to see the out come of what happens.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Seeing all 4 guitars, his Marshall stack, pedalboard and echo unit all on display together is how it should be. Only place for that is the rock n roll hall of fame.

I think they really need to get the stuff out of CA either way. That place is a natural disaster waiting to happen. Huge quake, tsunami or anything along those lines could wipe out half the state if big enough and leave it in ruins. At least in Ohio your far enough from thr ocean and fault lines where it would be a dramatically less chance of it being destroyed. The closest thing you have there would be Yellowstone if that decided to blow. But at that point I think Randy's gear would be less to worry about lol.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

No tsunami is reaching Burbank if that's where his stuff is. And I'm not exactly sure how an earthquake would damage a guitar. Not likely either would do any damage to his stuff. Carry on...
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

camdenlp wrote:No tsunami is reaching Burbank if that's where his stuff is. And I'm not exactly sure how an earthquake would damage a guitar. Not likely either would do any damage to his stuff. Carry on...

What? I am not talking just in our short lifetimes, but overall. If the human race wants to truly preserve items they need to move them inland as far as possible and away from the major fault lines and oceans. There are records of tsunamis reaching hundreds of miles inland throughout history, some even reaching half way across the United States likely do asteroid hits. How could an earthquake affect a guitar? Really? Wait until the prediction of an 8.0 - 10.0 becomes reality. It's only a matter of time.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

Shockwave wrote:
camdenlp wrote:No tsunami is reaching Burbank if that's where his stuff is. And I'm not exactly sure how an earthquake would damage a guitar. Not likely either would do any damage to his stuff. Carry on...

What? I am not talking just in our short lifetimes, but overall. If the human race wants to truly preserve items they need to move them inland as far as possible and away from the major fault lines and oceans. There are records of tsunamis reaching hundreds of miles inland throughout history, some even reaching half way across the United States likely do asteroid hits. How could an earthquake affect a guitar? Really? Wait until the prediction of an 8.0 - 10.0 becomes reality. It's only a matter of time.
Dont stress, if that level of asteroid hits, we wont be around after to enjoy the things preserved in the center of the USA...
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

rhoads56 wrote:
Shockwave wrote:

Dont stress, if that level of asteroid hits, we wont be around after to enjoy the things preserved in the center of the USA...
Lol I know, just stating that the coastlines are especially targeted by Mother Nature here in the USA and it's bound to happen sooner or later.