It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:36 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Bill Shelley Footage
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:01 pm 
Madman

I wonder how this came about if he acquired or shot film of a private birthday performance with Randy and Ozzy? Was he a guest or did he work in the biz and invited to this party. Also good article about the Eagles lawsuit. I wonder what came of it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:25 am 
Cool Member

Tom i believe he acquired it in the 80s. that is what he told me in the emails above.

Also, I emailed him. I got a very disinterested response. Maybe it's because something is in the works and he can't talk about it, maybe its the current lawsuit. Anyways, here's the messages.

Me: Hi Bill, I hope things are well. We spoke about a year ago regarding Ozzy Osbourne and Randy Rhoads footage that is in your possession. Last we spoke, you mentioned that Sharon has not cleared you to release your footage. I am emailing you today to inquire if any ground for a release has been made. Also, last time we spoke, you mentioned you had footage of Randy and Ozzy playing at a birthday party and some concert clips of the band. If you do not mind, can you please shed some light on the content of the concert clips such as the quality, location or duration. I thank you for your collection of concerts and your efforts to keep Randy’s memory alive.

Patrick

Bill Shelley: No changes.

That is all he said... Very uncharacteristic of Bill to send a response of that nature. Ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:05 am 

I asked Bill about Ozzy Randy footage during a Q and A after a Zeppelin screening when he specifically asked what other bands we would like to see. Someone in back of me yelled out "yeah!!" Bill changed the subject pretty quick without a response to my inquiry. Something is up with footage in particular I think.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:26 am 

Astral Plane wrote:
I asked Bill about Ozzy Randy footage during a Q and A after a Zeppelin screening when he specifically asked what other bands we would like to see. Someone in back of me yelled out "yeah!!" Bill changed the subject pretty quick without a response to my inquiry. Something is up with footage in particular I think.

Thinking back, my memory is a little clearer, he didn't change the subject, but simply asked everyone, and what other bands. Without confirming or denying Randy footage

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2