Site Admin

Re: Just heard delores has passed away. R.I.P

Post by skezza »

RIP Dee :( Very very sad news
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

RIP Dee, so glad I got to have some 1 on 1 talks with you at the memorials! She was so nice unless you pestered her a little too much about RR bootlegs ..lol. Nice to think she is with her son she lost so tragically so many years ago. She lived more then 70 years longer then Randy..Imagine theres no plane accident and he might have lived that long too? Thanks for all the great memories!!! Meeting her was the best thing to all fans who didn't get a chance to meet Randy.
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

God bless Delores Rhoads, may she rest in peace.
Mikel
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

OMG....I'm in total shock. I had my cell/cable and internet cut off in late October and I've been using the public library. My thoughts,heart and prayers (Choking up now) go out to the Rhoads family. :( God bless and be with you Dee.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

P C M wrote:OMG....I'm in total shock. I had my cell/cable and internet cut off in late October and I've been using the public library. My thoughts,heart and prayers (Choking up now) go out to the Rhoads family. :( God bless and be with you Dee.

Oh man I think I would go crazy, everything else I could lose but the phone would put me over the edge :D
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've just seen Dee's obituary and she will be laid to rest on the 5th December the day before Randy's birthday. RIP
Funeral Service
Saturday, December 05, 2015
10:00 am
First Lutheran Church of Burbank
1001 S Glenoaks Blvd
Burbank, California 91502
Delores Kell Rhoads, cherished mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, passed away peacefully in her home in Burbank, California. She was a music educator, and proprietor of Musonia School of Music, established in 1948. Pre-deceased by her son Randy Rhoads. She is survived by son Kelle Rhoads (wife Veronica), daughter Kathy Dargenzio (husband Richard), three grandchildren: Alisa, Nicholas, Jenna, and one great-granddaughter Elizabeth. She was deeply loved. We were so lucky to have had her in our lives; she will live in our hearts forever.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

wow that seems like a long time between death and burial
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Shockwave wrote:
P C M wrote:OMG....I'm in total shock. I had my cell/cable and internet cut off in late October and I've been using the public library. My thoughts,heart and prayers (Choking up now) go out to the Rhoads family. :( God bless and be with you Dee.

Oh man I think I would go crazy, everything else I could lose but the phone would put me over the edge :D
Hence,my Ozzy av. :lol:
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

sytharnia wrote:wow that seems like a long time between death and burial
I was thinking the same exact thing, it will have been a month or so since her death until burial, very odd indeed.
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

in terms of the time between death & burial my theory is since shes gonna be buried in the crypt as well that big slab of marble has to be removed and sent out to have her name and everything engraved on it. Its not like waiting to have a name plaque attached at a later time it has to be completed before shes put in there and I assume that isn't knocked out in a day or so.

just a theory.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

magicvoice wrote:in terms of the time between death & burial my theory is since shes gonna be buried in the crypt as well that big slab of marble has to be removed and sent out to have her name and everything engraved on it. Its not like waiting to have a name plaque attached at a later time it has to be completed before shes put in there and I assume that isn't knocked out in a day or so.

just a theory.

If you have ever been to the Crypt, it has room for 3...Randy is in the middle, so those are likely for his siblings...IMO.
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

My buddy knows Kelle and spoke with him. Delores is going on top.
I've been going to mountain view since Randy was in the main mausoleum .
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

magicvoice wrote:My buddy knows Kelle and spoke with him. Delores is going on top.
I've been going to mountain view since Randy was in the main mausoleum .

So who goes on the bottom, who every cashes first?
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

No clue? I imagine Kathy would want to be alongside her husband...doesn't matter anyways in the grand scheme of things.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

RIP Delores. You represent what is truly original, classy and hard working in music and in life.

Here is an interview of Delores from March of this year published by Creative Worx MPC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wJ-6SUfMK4

To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...