The day of the plane crash

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

JNH

Re: The day of the plane crash

Post by JNH »

DoubleT wrote:
JNH wrote:Just for the record.....Andy's autopsy proved he wasn't "gacked out of his head" on cocaine. TRACE AMOUNTS were found in his urine, but none in his bloodwork. What this means is cocaine can stay in the bloodstream for up to 18-24 hrs, whereas in the urine for up to 5-7 days. THIS is why they do random drug-tests through urine samples. If Andy did coke just prior to the flight or the night before, it would have shown up in his bloodwork!! And who's to say that big bag of coke found in the bus's console wasn't a band/group effort (minus Randy of course)? Could Sharon have asked Andy to hide the stash because she was playing "babysitter" and monitoring the partying on the after-show bus excursions?? We'll never know. I am distant friends with Andy & Wanda's daughter, and she paints a very different picture of her father than what the general public perceives of him. The 2 most important things in the world to Andy were his 3 young children and flying. Sadly, Wanda succumbed to cancer a few years back.....but she stated that even though her and Andy were estranged in their marriage, they were in the midst of patching things up and making another go of it at the time of the accident. They had both flown to Daytona Beach a week previous for a nice "get away" and mini-honeymoon. Right after the accident, Wanda became catatonic (paralyzed with shock) and had to be placed in a psych hospital/home for many years....she was never the same. Another thing i want to point out is Don Airey's claim of seeing a "struggle" going on in the cockpit.....lol, i don't buy it for a second. Back in the 80's i was a semi-pro photographer and shot a lot of NASCAR races. Here are cars going 180+ mph in a simple oval, yet even with a high-powered telephoto lens, i still couldn't really view what was going on in the driver's seat. Now, factor in a Beech Bonanza with small windows flying erratically on that final attempted pass/buzz at an est. speed between 140-180 mph banked in an extreme left-hand turn?? Literally impossible!! And why did Don Airey not include this important fact in his witness deposition to Officer Smalt?? Hmmmm.......
One of the more level-headed and reasonable posts I've seen on the subject. Thanks.
Thanx buddy, and you're most welcome. I guess everyone has their own beliefs and theories on what took place, and i try my best to back things up with solid proof. But then again, there are speculations.....and i have 2 of them. I may get crucified for this (lol) but here we go. 1) I have a strong feeling that the "freezer bag of coke" Tommy found behind the console in Andy's driver's area wasn't Andy's at all, but most probable Ozzy's. Sharon was trying to restore order on the tour-bus as of late, and she may have had Andy hide it for her. Tommy was probably witness to this, and that's how he knew where it was hidden. Honesly, how could a lowly tour-bus driver/operator afford such a large quantity of cocaine?? 2) WHAT IF in actual fact it was Randy that initiated Andy to play a prank on the sleeping members on the tour-bus by buzzing them?? It's been mentioned in Kelly Garni & Steven Rosen's books that Randy could have a wicked sense of humor at times and took delight in playing pranks. Being a nervous flyer, what IF Randy realized after initially going up (and taking a few pic's with his camera) that flying in this little Bonanza was a "piece of cake" and got daring enough to ask Andy to pull a prank on the sleeping members, after hearing Andy had done some low passes on the 1st flight with Don & Jake aboard?? As i said, this is pure speculation on my part.....and unfortunately we'll never know what actually went down in that cockpit. If only that v-tailed Bonanza had a voice-recorder box!!
xk319

Post by xk319 »

I could see either one of those being the case. 100% won't ever know, but 100% plausible.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

I have the autopsy reports and (not to be morbid) a new model of what Don seen. I really don't want to put it together like the said photo/pic/diagram. Tilting the Beachcraft to that angle really hurt me but,it might give insight. I'm just not ready. Yes,I cropped them all (just an idea of Andrew) inside the plane - very eerie. My apologies to all for the thought or having worked on such a thing. I just want an answer. Murder or accident. :(
xk319

Post by xk319 »

I sorta don't understand what you just said.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

P C M wrote:I have the autopsy reports and (not to be morbid) a new model of what Don seen. I really don't want to put it together like the said photo/pic/diagram. Tilting the Beachcraft to that angle really hurt me but,it might give insight. I'm just not ready. Yes,I cropped them all (just an idea of Andrew) inside the plane - very eerie. My apologies to all for the thought or having worked on such a thing. I just want an answer. Murder or accident. :(
Just making sure I read that right. You reconstructed the plane in air before it crashed? What were your sources for doing so?