Randys amps.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

distortionplus
Cool Member

Randys amps.

Post by distortionplus »

Did Randy use his white Marshall on the Diary Tour? I see three black Marshall stacks in the TX sound check video.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Amps

Post by orion_damage »

I believe I recall seeing a picture of him playing with it in the background. I'll have to run through my photos tomorrow.

I could be mistaken though, I don't pay much attention to amps.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randys amps.

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's shadows cast across the stage when you see Randy close up you see the stacks again and they are white...Watch the clip again and you'll see them. I made the same mistake and thought i seen black stacks...
See this still from the vid below see the ends of his stack to the right of the pic.
Attachments
aaa342.jpg
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It's shadows cast across the stage when you see Randy close up you see the stacks again and they are white...Watch the clip again and you'll see them. I made the same mistake and thought i seen black stacks...
See this still from the vid below see the ends of his stack to the right of the pic.
I wish there were more of Randy from that sound check, such a cool piece.

To be honest, I would rather have a video of an entire sound check of Randy's than a concert. Of course I'd want the video on Randy on not the sound board guys. ;)
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

That was such a great video clip (Texas sound check), from Randy adjusting the amps heads to his rolling scales and artificial harmonics..If it were today, you know we'd have a bunch of clips, not only from sounds checks, but like from the dressing room's practice amps, etc...One can only dream!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

devorerd wrote:That was such a great video clip (Texas sound check), from Randy adjusting the amps heads to his rolling scales and artificial harmonics..If it were today, you know we'd have a bunch of clips, not only from sounds checks, but like from the dressing room's practice amps, etc...One can only dream!

Seemingly if he had lived only one more year we would have a lot more live stuff from him. There is tons of Ozzy stuff out there from 1983 including a few pro shot shows.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Shockwave wrote:
devorerd wrote:That was such a great video clip (Texas sound check), from Randy adjusting the amps heads to his rolling scales and artificial harmonics..If it were today, you know we'd have a bunch of clips, not only from sounds checks, but like from the dressing room's practice amps, etc...One can only dream!

Seemingly if he had lived only one more year we would have a lot more live stuff from him. There is tons of Ozzy stuff out there from 1983 including a few pro shot shows.

Very true..
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Shockwave wrote:Seemingly if he had lived only one more year we would have a lot more live stuff from him. There is tons of Ozzy stuff out there from 1983 including a few pro shot shows.
I'm not so sure he would've been in the band still to be honest.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Seemingly if he had lived only one more year we would have a lot more live stuff from him. There is tons of Ozzy stuff out there from 1983 including a few pro shot shows.
I'm not so sure he would've been in the band still to be honest.
He was contractually obligated to do one more studio album and a live one if I'm not mistaken. Unless he could pull those two out of his ass with the rest of the band in just a couple months (While touring as well) I don't think he would have been out of Ozzy's band by 1983. By 1984, I could definitely see him out.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

Thanks for clearing that up. I missed seeing the white amp. Pure speculation here, but maybe if Randy had left Ozzy he might have came back at a latter date like Bob did. At least I think Ozzy would have tried to get him back. Maybe he could have got a better deal.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Whether Randy had left, stayed or gone back I'm 100% positive there'd be plenty of footage had Randy lived a longer life.
Matlike1

Post by Matlike1 »

I think that's what makes finding lost footage and pics so cool is that there isn't much on Randy, so when we do find some it's awesome to see. From what Sharon has said they were in the planning stages for the Speak of the Devil concert film before Randy died, shame that never happened with Randy.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

distortionplus wrote:but maybe if Randy had left Ozzy he might have came back at a latter date like Bob did. At least I think Ozzy would have tried to get him back. Maybe he could have got a better deal.
It's impossible to know what could have been, however knowing what we know on Randy and his feelings toward the end, I have a hard time believing he'd want to go back. He wanted to go off and be a classical musician, he was tired of the "rock and roll circus" that was Ozzy's band. Not to mention he was pretty upset over what had happened to Bob and Lee and that The Blizzard of Ozz band became the Ozzy Osbourne band.

Only thing I could see that would drive Randy back to Ozzy's band would be the money. Just my opinion.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

shit, we forgetting ozzy swinging on randy in a drunken rage?i think that would pretty much seal randys decision if he might have had any lingering doubts..
friday

Post by friday »

is the white amp a special marshall release ?
I know there was a blue maybe 87 or so , a grey , Ive seen a red one but that may have been personalised

of course RR wouldve moved on to another band ,also take a chunk of ozzy fans too Id say.