It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Commentary on the RR QR Years DVD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:26 pm 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 487
I watched the documentary, which was really good, and then skimmed some of the commentary. I got to the section of Randy doing the Laughing Gas solo to hear what was said. Ron Sobol is doing the commentary and he starts listing some of the QR stuff Randy used in Ozzy.

"You Drive Me Crazy" is "You Can't Kill Rock n Roll"
"We've got the Magic" is "SATO"
"Suicidal Show" is "Crazy Train" inverted

I've listened to these and I don't hear it, maybe it's the crappy headphones I've got on. I know that Force of Habit is in Suicide Solution and there's some Crazy Train, Believer and Goodbye to Romance in the Laughing Gas solo.

Do you hear "You Can't Kill Rock n Roll", "SATO" and "Crazy Train" in the three above mentioned QR songs?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Commentary on the RR QR Years DVD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:08 pm
Posts: 195
There's a run or two in We've Got The Magic that I recognize from S.A.T.O but other than that I don't see anything else. I don't hear Crazy Train at all in Suicidal Show

_________________
It took me almost 5 years to learn how to add a signature and profile picture


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Commentary on the RR QR Years DVD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:59 pm 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 487
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
There's a run or two in We've Got The Magic that I recognize from S.A.T.O but other than that I don't see anything else. I don't hear Crazy Train at all in Suicidal Show



The only thing I recognize from We've Got the Magic is the little lead run he does in both solos. Is that what you heard?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Commentary on the RR QR Years DVD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:22 pm 
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:27 pm
Posts: 14
I always heard a bit of No Bone Movies and Suicide Solution in force of habit.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Commentary on the RR QR Years DVD
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:27 pm 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
orion_damage wrote:
I watched the documentary, which was really good, and then skimmed some of the commentary. I got to the section of Randy doing the Laughing Gas solo to hear what was said. Ron Sobol is doing the commentary and he starts listing some of the QR stuff Randy used in Ozzy.

"You Drive Me Crazy" is "You Can't Kill Rock n Roll"
"We've got the Magic" is "SATO"
"Suicidal Show" is "Crazy Train" inverted

I've listened to these and I don't hear it, maybe it's the crappy headphones I've got on. I know that Force of Habit is in Suicide Solution and there's some Crazy Train, Believer and Goodbye to Romance in the Laughing Gas solo.

Do you hear "You Can't Kill Rock n Roll", "SATO" and "Crazy Train" in the three above mentioned QR songs?


No I don't.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Commentary on the RR QR Years DVD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:57 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
Sky wrote:
orion_damage wrote:
I watched the documentary, which was really good, and then skimmed some of the commentary. I got to the section of Randy doing the Laughing Gas solo to hear what was said. Ron Sobol is doing the commentary and he starts listing some of the QR stuff Randy used in Ozzy.

"You Drive Me Crazy" is "You Can't Kill Rock n Roll"
"We've got the Magic" is "SATO"
"Suicidal Show" is "Crazy Train" inverted

I've listened to these and I don't hear it, maybe it's the crappy headphones I've got on. I know that Force of Habit is in Suicide Solution and there's some Crazy Train, Believer and Goodbye to Romance in the Laughing Gas solo.

Do you hear "You Can't Kill Rock n Roll", "SATO" and "Crazy Train" in the three above mentioned QR songs?


No I don't.



+1

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net