It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:58 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:42 am 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:08 pm
Posts: 195
I do not know how many of you have heard the Chelmsford show from 1980, but at the very end of Revelation (Mother Earth), right before suicide solution, Ozzy says "This next song features Randy Rhoads on lead guitar, who is also gay....... suicide solution!"

Now obviously it was probably a joke, but the way he says it sounds like he's serious. heres is the link if you haven't heard it. It is in the last 15 seconds or so of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiY9b4l77ws

_________________
It took me almost 5 years to learn how to add a signature and profile picture


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:10 pm
Posts: 1895
Location: England
Ahh, just Ozzy's shenanigans if you ask me. Certainly nothing unpleasant or nasty behind it. Don't forget, their friendship around this time was pretty solid. They'd just recorded the Blizzard album which had been a great success and they were now touring. Randy was playing bigger gigs than he ever had with QR and this was his big break. I imagine they'd all been goofing around and perhaps Randy had dared him to say it or something stupid like that. Their friendship didn't really strain until the Diary tour.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:38 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:35 pm
Posts: 297
Location: Europe
I think it was part of Ozzy's drunken humor... no matter if he was drunk or not!!! I've always found it bit silly, tho'... But it didn't ruin the great show!!! :)

_________________
Mikel


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:02 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm
Posts: 832
Probably a back story to it, maybe someone thought/called Randy gay or something along those lines within a few days of that show and the band gave him shit for it.

Maybe Ozzy saw some promo pictures of QR before the show and was goofing on Randy because of it, I could definitely see that being the case.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:22 pm 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 487
Shockwave wrote:
Probably a back story to it, maybe someone thought/called Randy gay or something along those lines within a few days of that show and the band gave him shit for it.

Maybe Ozzy saw some promo pictures of QR before the show and was goofing on Randy because of it, I could definitely see that being the case.


Haha I've thought the same with the QR pictures.

I'd equate it to things like James Hetfield calling Kirk Hammett "Kirk Hamster" before his solo spot. Nothing more than a bit of fun.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:21 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
Ozzy asked him if he was gay when he first met him and they made some joke of it and Randy said he was Church of England C.O.E Catholic. Something is mentioned about this on the opening page of the 1980 tour programme. I think it was down to Randy being femining and looking 'girlie' like. Plus Randy used to wear woman's clothes so that wouldn't of done him any favours. But joking aside i bet any man would of liked the attention Randy received from woman any day.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:44 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 pm
Posts: 1660
i bet randy laughed and thought, yeah im so gay i banged your girl a few weeks back!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:42 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm
Posts: 832
Honestly I never gave the 1980 boots a listen more than a few seconds because of the quality. I listed to the one posted above, mainly just the solo until the end and noticed a couple things..

Even though the solo sounds great it sounds like Randy is really pushing it it like it's difficult to play live, stiff sounding. Either that or he is picking a lot more of the notes during this time. Just sounds a 100x more fluid on the 81 and later shows. Or maybe it's the bourbon I'm drinking making it seem like that lol


The other thing is that he used the PDV for the 1980 shows it sounds like, that's definitely not the LP do to the trem parts here and there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:08 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
Tito wrote:
i bet randy laughed and thought, yeah im so gay i banged your girl a few weeks back!!!!!!!


Well it was nothing to be proud of and yeah he did bang Ozzy's girl..? / Beast!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:10 pm
Posts: 1895
Location: England
Shockwave wrote:
Honestly I never gave the 1980 boots a listen more than a few seconds because of the quality. I listed to the one posted above, mainly just the solo until the end and noticed a couple things..

Even though the solo sounds great it sounds like Randy is really pushing it it like it's difficult to play live, stiff sounding. Either that or he is picking a lot more of the notes during this time. Just sounds a 100x more fluid on the 81 and later shows. Or maybe it's the bourbon I'm drinking making it seem like that lol


The other thing is that he used the PDV for the 1980 shows it sounds like, that's definitely not the LP do to the trem parts here and there.

Don't forget they were still raw as a band here and while Randy was shit hot, fluidity comes with repetition. He was at his best in 1981 for sure.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:35 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 3600
Location: Gotham City
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
Now obviously it was probably a joke, but the way he says it sounds like he's serious. heres is the link if you haven't heard it. It is in the last 15 seconds or so of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiY9b4l77ws
We miss Ozzy's facial expression here but you can hear some people laughing right after that, so they took it as a joke. :)

_________________
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:29 pm 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
Tito wrote:
i bet randy laughed and thought, yeah im so gay i banged your girl a few weeks back!!!!!!!


The gay dig was typical of Ozzy's humour. Back then both Ozzy and Randy were banging Adrian William's girl.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:44 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 pm
Posts: 1660
nice!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:29 am 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 10:18 pm
Posts: 117
Sky wrote:
Tito wrote:
i bet randy laughed and thought, yeah im so gay i banged your girl a few weeks back!!!!!!!


The gay dig was typical of Ozzy's humour. Back then both Ozzy and Randy were banging Adrian William's girl.


I wish i knew who that was?

_________________
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy calls Randy gay?...
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:13 am 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
Donnie wrote:
Sky wrote:
Tito wrote:
i bet randy laughed and thought, yeah im so gay i banged your girl a few weeks back!!!!!!!


The gay dig was typical of Ozzy's humour. Back then both Ozzy and Randy were banging Adrian William's girl.


I wish i knew who that was?


Adrian worked for Jet records, he was Sharon's boyfriend back then, and he's the 'A' in SATO.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net