Do you have the trailer to "The Last Train Home"?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Do you have the trailer to "The Last Train Home"?

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

alborg wrote:Surely a few people associated with the making of the documentary would have copies of the finished film?
If it's never going to be officially released better let a pirated version circulate amongst fans instead of letting the thing rot in a vault somewhere.
True, but the lawsuits would ensue shortly after.

That being said, many, many movies have been "leaked" over the years and have found their way to the public that have not gotten an "official release".

Given how things seem to always unfold with anything Randy, however, I'm not holding my breath on this one. Plus, if this thing ever does get an official release where all parties agree about what should be released, I have a feeling some segments would most likely be cut, thus leaving out the "warts and all" details that we know are included, as we have seen the trailer.

The only other way this gets released is if Dakota says, "to hell with it" and releases it anyways, and it's available for a very short time before being pulled, because you KNOW if this happens, it's going to litigation shortly after, as most things Randy do. In this instance, those who have a copy will be milking that distinction for all it's worth.

The legacy of Randy Rhoads: filled with lawsuits, hurt feelings, small amounts of actual released material, and unfinished projects.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Right now the iron is hot from the lawsuit and the emotions that come with it.

Allow some time to pass and maybe something will happen.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

orion_damage wrote:Right now the iron is hot from the lawsuit and the emotions that come with it.

Not in our lifetime.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Sky wrote:
orion_damage wrote:Right now the iron is hot from the lawsuit and the emotions that come with it.

Not in our lifetime.
EXACTLY.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Dreams are what make life worth living for.....Not quite, but you get it!
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

devorerd wrote:Dreams are what make life worth living for.....Not quite, but you get it!
...and reality brings us back to the here and now, unfortunately.

Sorry to be a Negative Nellie, but we're never going to see this doc. That said, I sincerely hope I am proven wrong on this one. I would welcome being wrong, in fact.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

We may never see the documentary that Peter was shooting but maybe someone else will come along and score the touchdown that we all so badly want.

I believe it'll take someone with the capital and the ability to convince people of the importance of the project and that it'll succeed.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Just don't see it happening. It's been almost 35 years since Randy died.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

skezza wrote:Just don't see it happening. It's been almost 35 years since Randy died.
Sure but with social media and the various avenues to fund projects now's a better time than ever. All it takes is one person with the belief that it can be done. It's completely possible that the certain someone has been out of the "Randy Rhoads" circus for a bit. Hell I was away from the forums for a couple years and totally missed the Romeo Rose and doc downfall.

Currently I don't see it happening but with time maybe someone will come along and take care of it.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

orion_damage wrote:We may never see the documentary that Peter was shooting but maybe someone else will come along and score the touchdown that we all so badly want.

I believe it'll take someone with the capital and the ability to convince people of the importance of the project and that it'll succeed.
Yes and no.

Perhaps someone WILL come along with the time, money, and patience to bridge all the gaps, address all the issues, and appease all sides, but the fact of the matter is, no matter how much we enjoy Randy's work, he's a niche player, and it would take a rather large amount of will and capital to fund a venture like this. Unless some rich Randy fan with a clear vision comes along, I don't see this happening.

To compare hypothetically (and as I see you're a Metallica fan), take someone like Cliff Burton. Do you see anyone, Metallica themselves included, stepping forward to fund a doc about Cliff Burton? CLIFF 'EM ALL doesn't count....has anyone else? No. Guys like Cliff and Randy are critical darlings and fan favourites, but in the whole scheme of things, they're niche players. Footnotes in rock history. And I'm a fan of both. The fact is, if someone who was once the member of the biggest heavy metal band of the past 40 years can't get a doc made about them, Randy doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of having not one, BUT TWO - a second doc no less, made about him. Sadly, as much as I would love to see it, and would pay top dollar for it, that ship has sailed. Unless the Rhoads Estate truly gets behind it, I also fear any project that comes forward will be neutered, dead in the water, and pointless. They have final say, and will exercise that right, like it or not. They'll veto anything they don't like until the cows come home. Not saying that's good or bad, it just IS.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

orion_damage wrote:
skezza wrote:Just don't see it happening. It's been almost 35 years since Randy died.
Sure but with social media and the various avenues to fund projects now's a better time than ever. All it takes is one person with the belief that it can be done. It's completely possible that the certain someone has been out of the "Randy Rhoads" circus for a bit. Hell I was away from the forums for a couple years and totally missed the Romeo Rose and doc downfall.

Currently I don't see it happening but with time maybe someone will come along and take care of it.
I see where you're going with this, with things like Kickstarter and Indiegogo, and I agree it would be cool, but the legal red tape would be a nightmare, not to mention I highly doubt the Rhoads family would go for this.

It's also compounded by the fact that any Ozzy material is copyrighted, and would have to have clearance from the O's, and we all know how that would most likely play out.

I'm with you in wishing that someone would just get a doc like this done, though. As a fan, I'm flummoxed that so much unnecessary drama has grown out of the intention of having a doc for the fans. I think it's more complicated than we see on the surface, but I wish it would just get worked out in the end, and we'd have some kind of product to show for waiting all these years.

We're not "owed" anything, but it would be nice to know this stuff (research, interviews, etc) did not go to waste, and ultimately, there was something to show for the work and time put in.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
orion_damage wrote:

I see where you're going with this, with things like Kickstarter and Indiegogo, and I agree it would be cool, but the legal red tape would be a nightmare, not to mention I highly doubt the Rhoads family would go for this.

It's also compounded by the fact that any Ozzy material is copyrighted, and would have to have clearance from the O's, and we all know how that would most likely play out.

Whether it's the fundraiser or fan with a lot of capital I wouldn't even bother unless you have the Rhoads family and the Osbournes on board.

I mean lets face it, those are the big guns and without them it won't work.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Just thought of this question:

Why do we want a documentary so bad? Is it because of the possibility of new footage or because of the major lack of material on the guy. Even if it's just people discussing various stories of Randy.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

orion_damage wrote:Just thought of this question:

Why do we want a documentary so bad? Is it because of the possibility of new footage or because of the major lack of material on the guy. Even if it's just people discussing various stories of Randy.
A bit of both. The fact his legacy appears to wilting concerns me.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

skezza wrote:
orion_damage wrote:Just thought of this question:

A bit of both. The fact his legacy appears to wilting concerns me.
That is the primary reason I would like a documentary is that you can point people towards it and they can get a bigger sense of who is was and what he gave us.

New stuff will come out because of it, it just might not be huge.