Facebook Post On Jersey Show

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

Facebook Post On Jersey Show

Post by Tito »

saw this on RR Society page a few minutes ago from Lambchops. Randy Rhoads Society
Per Andrew Klein - "Many fans are constantly asking the million dollar question; is there professional film footage of Randy Rhoads onstage with Ozzy Osbourne. The answer is YES, but we may never get to see it. Ozzy's concert at The Capitol Theatre in Passaic, New Jersey on April 24th 1981 was professionally shot. Every concert in that theatre from 1973-1984 was pro-shot. It was a 3-camera black and white shoot. The entire concert was filmed. I've had numerous conversations with the theatre's owner, John Scher about this. Randy also talked about it in specific detail in one of his letters to Jodi that I've read. He was excited about it and he said the band performed exceptionally well, knowing that they were being filmed. Whether or not the fans will ever get to see it, remains to be seen."

There you have it folks - the answer to the million dollar question. Lc
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Facebook Post On Jersey Show

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Thanks Tito!
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Didn't we already know this?
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Yeah that's from an interview he did for the book. You can find the full interview pretty easily via Google.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

old news, but nonetheless..."News"..
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

start a kicksarter thing to get money and fans will buy it
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

fortress wrote:start a kicksarter thing to get money and fans will buy it
This! Only problem is that the O's would be on this in like two seconds flat.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I have thought of that kickstarted thing for a few years now, and yes it would most likely get shut down. But footage would most likely start coming out of the woodwork and even if shut down we would most likely get a taste of what was out there.
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

IF this footage ever sees the light of day - it will be of pretty good quality - even though its in black & white. Ive watched full concerts of Joan Jett & the Police (via you-tube) from Capitol Theatre & both sound & picture quality is pretty darn good! Check out Music Vault on you-tube and you will see what I mean about the quality :)
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Shockwave wrote:I have thought of that kickstarted thing for a few years now, and yes it would most likely get shut down. But footage would most likely start coming out of the woodwork and even if shut down we would most likely get a taste of what was out there.
I'm curious as to how much would be raised through Kickstarter for a DVD. I agree it'd be shutdown though but I bet it'd get some private transactions going.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Why it would be blocked and how???
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Can someone here could ask the question if there a way to buy this show?? I mean,money buy everything
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

fortress wrote:Can someone here could ask the question if there a way to buy this show?? I mean,money buy everything
I'm no expert in the matter but I would think there'd be a problem with using Ozzy's music and of course the seller making a profit off the sales.

The only way I could see it being a possibility is with something like the Phoenix Brother's footage where's its in the hands of a fan but even then I think you'd still run into copyright problems. Unless you disguise the Kickstarter as something like a "Randy Rhoads" project and focus on points that wouldn't necessarily make you believe it's for concert footage.

But then again it could be a private fundraiser where the donations go to a PayPal account but I'm not sure how secure that is in not getting burnt. Anyways, just spit balling!
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

orion_damage wrote:
fortress wrote:Can someone here could ask the question if there a way to buy this show?? I mean,money buy everything
I'm no expert in the matter but I would think there'd be a problem with using Ozzy's music and of course the seller making a profit off the sales.

The only way I could see it being a possibility is with something like the Phoenix Brother's footage where's its in the hands of a fan but even then I think you'd still run into copyright problems. Unless you disguise the Kickstarter as something like a "Randy Rhoads" project and focus on points that wouldn't necessarily make you believe it's for concert footage.

But then again it could be a private fundraiser where the donations go to a PayPal account but I'm not sure how secure that is in not getting burnt. Anyways, just spit balling!
You make some good points. It costs to get any product packaged, it costs to advertise and sell any product. If you had the money, do you think that you'd break even these days when sharing is endemic. Would you risk it?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Sky wrote:
orion_damage wrote:

You make some good points. It costs to get any product packaged, it costs to advertise and sell any product. If you had the money, do you think that you'd break even these days when sharing is endemic. Would you risk it?

This is speaking in the perspective that I have acquired the footage independently. The initial run would have to be based on pre-orders. That way the purchases can go towards the materials needed in producing the discs, artwork and cases. Possibly even help with the amount spent to acquire the film.

It would be difficult though simply because you'd want to stay under the radar as much as possible so advertising could be tricky.

If I were one of the lucky ones that recorded the footage I would take the private route and sell to various forums. Once again through pre-orders but this way I keep the original footage and make some money on the side.

Just typing this hypothetically makes me feel a lawsuit coming but yeah I think you could break even if done right. :P