little idea how Randy would have played on Speak of the devi

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

fortress
Madman

little idea how Randy would have played on Speak of the devi

Post by fortress »

HI!!

I didnt know Jake E lee played Fairies wear boot, war pigs and children of the grave (but randy played that one)

I was listening to Fairies wear boot and war pigs and it can give a little idea how it would sounded with Randy playing them

Its one of the thing i'm always wondering, how it would have sounded with Randy

here the Fairies wear boot link. YOu can find them on youtube anyway. Sry for my english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu62UzIH_-o
the crush
Cool Member

Re: little idea how Randy would have played on Speak of the

Post by the crush »

O I wish that show would of happend with Randy! even though he didn't care for the Sabbath tunes! but I have always loved his versions of Iron Man & Children of the Grave!
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

YEs, i would have loved to hear his lead on Black sabbath , sabbath bloody sabbath the wizard !!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

After Randy passed and the time before the Speak of the Devil show, did they play any of the songs on the Diary tour other than the 3 we always heard? Seems like it would have made sense since they didn't have a lot of time to practice them most likely between tour dates. You know maybe on night they would have removed Iron Man, and put in Fairies or something along those lines.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I have a hunch that "Speak of the Devil" would have been very different. I doubt very much that Randy would have done a whole live album of black sabbath tunes.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

dannyahansen wrote:I have a hunch that "Speak of the Devil" would have been very different. I doubt very much that Randy would have done a whole live album of black sabbath tunes.
wasnt a contract obligation?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

oh, but Jake did play Children of the grave ;)
ksa09

Post by ksa09 »

I actually Facebook messaged Rudy Sarzo and asked home if Randy evert played any other Black Sabbath songs like in a sound check for example. His response was no :(
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

ksa09 wrote:I actually Facebook messaged Rudy Sarzo and asked home if Randy evert played any other Black Sabbath songs like in a sound check for example. His response was no :(

cool thx for asking!!
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

N.I.B. would have been wicked with Randy's take on it. If this had happened,maybe we'd hear a live version of Tonight as well. One could only wish and imagine.
dfanucci

Post by dfanucci »

Randy playing on Speak, probably would be (to me, at least) mind blowing. Randy's "version" of the Sabbath tunes he did play are just incredible. Maybe it was because he hated playing them, or maybe he was just bored in playing them, but he really, really, became "unbridled" when he played them.

Paranoid's solo from the Montreal show is probably one of the most sick solo's ever played live. Iron Man from that same show has a TON of little nuances that are just fantastic. Children of the grave from the Tribute album is stellar as well.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

fortress wrote:
dannyahansen wrote:I have a hunch that "Speak of the Devil" would have been very different. I doubt very much that Randy would have done a whole live album of black sabbath tunes.
wasnt a contract obligation?
In my limited understanding Ozzy was under contract for a certain amount of albums. They were going to record the show at Madison Square Gardens and release that. But Randy died right before that show. He was under contract to do a live album so he just put SotD out because he was depressed? because Randy died? Because he just wanted to be done with the contract? I don't really know but I get the impression that he just want to do something quick for a contractual obligation.
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

I thought Speak Of The Devil came about because back in 1980 - Black Sabbath's record label released "live at last" without the bands full approval. So Sabbath with Dio released a live album & Ozzy wasn't happy with either album - so he did his own live Sabbath album. Kinda tit for tat I guess you can say - coz back then there was a LOT of mud slinging between Sabbath & Ozzy
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It's sad that Live at Last had the original Sabbath members and wasn't very good... Live Evil had Tony and Geezer and wasn't very good... Speak of the Devil only had Ozzy and was very good! I love Brad's playing on that record. A little to Floyd happy, but he makes it work.

Would have loved to hear Randy play Symptom of the Universe and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, though.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

barossadude wrote:I thought Speak Of The Devil came about because back in 1980 - Black Sabbath's record label released "live at last" without the bands full approval. So Sabbath with Dio released a live album & Ozzy wasn't happy with either album - so he did his own live Sabbath album. Kinda tit for tat I guess you can say - coz back then there was a LOT of mud slinging between Sabbath & Ozzy
Interesting, this very much could be. I don't think any of us really know, not even sure Ozzy knows anymore.

Paul, Yeah I agree with you on that one. Would have loved to heard SotU.