Immortal Randy Rhoads out March 2015

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

devorerd
Cool Member

Re: Immortal Randy Rhoads out March 2015

Post by devorerd »

sytharnia wrote:
devorerd wrote:Vocal on Crowley are, and I'm being kind, HORRIBLE..Not sure who told this guy he could sing, but he needs to go back to the car wash!
um "go back to the car wash" really?? ... never heard testament then??. Chuck can sing dude, just this is totally the wrong type of music for him

So if it was the wrong tune for him, why did he bother?..Anyway, no need to pic up this disc....pass..
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i havent heard it and im not interested in it at all..ill pass on it too..it aint randy so fuck a tribute as far as im concerned.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

devorerd wrote:
A little disappointed in Tom's performance excepts at end of Crazy....
Guess I should have said "It is a high light, if you could call it that".
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Wow. What a disgrace this album is. I like a lot of the musicians involved too, but the album is pretty horrible. What a shame. Most of the guitar work is good, but together with the crappy production is was all to waste. Too bad
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

Yikes, was this album bad. This felt really uninspired and while I get that their heart was probably in the right place, this was a cheap record. Kelle Rhoads' vocals on 'Back to the Coast' was just purely laughable. I'm seriously struggling to find anything positive about these tracks. Straight up terrible.
friday

Post by friday »

havent listened + not going to , by the responses so far, it is as expected .

some one has financed this project , wonders?
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

There's an article in the new guitar world that I read last weekend, small excerpts from Lynch, Morello, Laiho and Doug Aldrich who all talk about the songs they did and how Bob Kulick came up with the idea..In there, Kulick says that Zakk Wylde and I quote directly from the magazine "who always talks about Randy, was all, "I'm gonna play, I'm gonna play"...He never played, so at first reading that I was like,....come on Zakk, WTF, but after hearing this....good call Mr. Wylde.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

devorerd wrote:
So if it was the wrong tune for him, why did he bother?
well I obviously can't answer that but I guess if some one asked him to do an ozzy song he thought "yeah cool". He wouldn't be the first singer who has done a song they shouldn't have....my point was before implying the guy can't sing maybe listen to his "real" work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96hWg3iFp5A
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

sytharnia wrote:
devorerd wrote:
So if it was the wrong tune for him, why did he bother?
well I obviously can't answer that but I guess if some one asked him to do an ozzy song he thought "yeah cool". He wouldn't be the first singer who has done a song they shouldn't have....my point was before implying the guy can't sing maybe listen to his "real" work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96hWg3iFp5A

So I listened, his ballad register reminds me of Mark Slaughter with a little better tonality, not as nasal driven. I don't listen to Testament, so honestly I didn't even know who this was, but I stand by my review of what I heard...Crowley was just awful, I think it's safe to say, you could get any guy off the street add some pro tools to the vocal, hand him a lyric sheet and you wouldn't hear too much difference.
friday

Post by friday »

wouldnt make sense Zak wylde playing in a cover band of himself playing RR