The legacy of Randy Rhoads

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

nuclear1

The legacy of Randy Rhoads

Post by nuclear1 »

On facebook has some pix ive never seen......a couple of new to me phoenix brothers video stills courtesy of Dr Fredrick J Scavone....type in
THE LEGACY OF RANDY RHOADS!!
Enjoy!!
devorerd
Cool Member

Re: The legacy of Randy Rhoads

Post by devorerd »

pretty cool..gets me wondering...
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

New to me too, I wonder how he got those? Either way, a real treat to see.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I saw that a couple days ago as well. The new Phoenix brothers pics did look new and I don't have those ones from the ones I saved that TAB gave us. I believe he said he took the pictures himself of the video playing a on a wall. So if he took them then he should or may know how they ended up with this Facebook site. Unless he is the one that is running it?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Nuclear1 i hope you have not just come to UR to copy the contents for the FB site ?...
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Shockwave wrote:I saw that a couple days ago as well. The new Phoenix brothers pics did look new and I don't have those ones from the ones I saved that TAB gave us. I believe he said he took the pictures himself of the video playing a on a wall. So if he took them then he should or may know how they ended up with this Facebook site. Unless he is the one that is running it?
I wonder who all has seen the actual footage of that show?
nuclear1

Post by nuclear1 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Nuclear1 i hope you have not just come to UR to copy the contents for the FB site ?...
Been here for a few years......so that's NOT the case...
Before that I was on the TK board a lot!
Same user name as on the TK boards.
https://www.facebook.com/lee.oswald.585
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

thanks tom!!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Wow! These looks very promising! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Tito wrote:thanks tom!!
I'll second that, that's f'n awesome TAB!
nuclear1

Post by nuclear1 »

TAB wrote:Nuclear1 those photos were all given to him after I sent them to Rudy and a couple of my close friends. I uploaded them here a long time ago but then canceled my old photo account..That's why they disappeared off of here. So then I deleted my old posts on here. Here you can see it without his watermark he added. I just put my own on now ....P

For the record, The bros took them off the screen and gave them to me.

Notice all the photos out and that went around, notice they are all small. Here is the original size I got. See when i got them they were bigger , I resized them smaller and to make them clearer before I gave sent them out. No one knows that. 8) :wink:

Thx for the clarifications TAB....wasn't trying to take anything away from you as far a credit goes.
Went back and re-read the Attachment(s) Poll: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists? thread.
So TAB you are still in contact with the brothers?
Also...
Here are a couple interesting thoughts.

1) In re-reading the above thread...
there was much discussion about the Phx Brothers getting sued over just flat out releasing the footage without all the proper sign-offs and such....Yet in 2012 ??? there are not 1 but 2 books released about Randy Rhoads during the Ozzy & QR years...one having QR footage....and no legal actions as far as the Osbournes go has been initiated..that I know of...yes I about the legal filing from the Rhoads Estate....haven't heard much about that since the filing tho.

2) Also in re-reading the above thread....there was much discussion about the Phx Brothers intent to get 50k(implied intentionally) for the footage or to start a bidding war for said footage.
It would be an interesting thought/idea if a group could Crowdfun/kickstart to raise the $$ if the Phx Bros were STILL interested?

3)Just hearing the phrase "ill sue you" sometimes is enuff to scare people away from taking an action without taking any leagal action.
To be honest....who REALLY knows what the legal ramifications are?
I'm no Attorney..as I will guess most on this site are not either.
Again ill point to another example of a book that was released in 2007???
Gary Sharpe young book about Ozzy was released....an "unauthorized" bio....has pics and all.....was HE sued by the Osbournes??(Great book BTW!)
Bob Daisley is supposedly releasing some audio HE has of the writing of Blizzard? next year as well.

Anyway.....just something to chew on!

And TAB
About the Phx Bros
I too grew up in Phx .....went to grade school and Hi school there.... didn't attend this particular show unfortunately..i seem to recall one of the times Ozzy played on the Diary or Blizzard tour in Phx the show had to be relocated due roof issues at Vetrans Mem Col??...I think it was moved to Tempe?..curious where these Bros went to Hi school and such....I went to Thunderbird HS.
lotsa cool local bands in Phx at that time......and places to catch them at too.....The Mason Jar for one.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

its amazing how clear this taping is!!!i cant get over how sharp these images are!pretty damn good cam for the time wow!!!