It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The legacy of Randy Rhoads
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:18 pm 

On facebook has some pix ive never seen......a couple of new to me phoenix brothers video stills courtesy of Dr Fredrick J Scavone....type in
THE LEGACY OF RANDY RHOADS!!
Enjoy!!

Post subject: Re: The legacy of Randy Rhoads
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:33 pm 
Cool Member

pretty cool..gets me wondering...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:43 pm 
Madman

New to me too, I wonder how he got those? Either way, a real treat to see.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:46 pm 
Mass Poster

I saw that a couple days ago as well. The new Phoenix brothers pics did look new and I don't have those ones from the ones I saved that TAB gave us. I believe he said he took the pictures himself of the video playing a on a wall. So if he took them then he should or may know how they ended up with this Facebook site. Unless he is the one that is running it?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:18 pm 
Mass Poster

Nuclear1 i hope you have not just come to UR to copy the contents for the FB site ?...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:24 pm 
Madman

Shockwave wrote:
I saw that a couple days ago as well. The new Phoenix brothers pics did look new and I don't have those ones from the ones I saved that TAB gave us. I believe he said he took the pictures himself of the video playing a on a wall. So if he took them then he should or may know how they ended up with this Facebook site. Unless he is the one that is running it?

I wonder who all has seen the actual footage of that show?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:11 am 

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Nuclear1 i hope you have not just come to UR to copy the contents for the FB site ?...

Been here for a few years......so that's NOT the case...
Before that I was on the TK board a lot!
Same user name as on the TK boards.
https://www.facebook.com/lee.oswald.585

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:06 am 
Madman

Nuclear1 those photos were all given to him after I sent them to Rudy and a couple of my close friends. I uploaded them here a long time ago but then canceled my old photo account..That's why they disappeared off of here. So then I deleted my old posts on here. Here you can see it without his watermark he added. I just put my own on now ....P

For the record, The bros took them off the screen and gave them to me.

Notice all the photos out and that went around, notice they are all small. Here is the original size I got. See when i got them they were bigger , I resized them smaller and to make them clearer before I gave sent them out. No one knows that. 8) :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:42 am 
Mass Poster

thanks tom!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:58 am 

Wow! These looks very promising! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:02 pm 
Madman

Tito wrote:
thanks tom!!

no problem bro, you're welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:27 pm 
Madman

Tito wrote:
thanks tom!!

I'll second that, that's f'n awesome TAB!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:55 pm 

TAB wrote:
Nuclear1 those photos were all given to him after I sent them to Rudy and a couple of my close friends. I uploaded them here a long time ago but then canceled my old photo account..That's why they disappeared off of here. So then I deleted my old posts on here. Here you can see it without his watermark he added. I just put my own on now ....P

Notice all the photos out and that went around, notice they are all small. Here is the original size I got. See when i got them they were bigger , I resized them smaller and to make them clearer before I gave sent them out. No one knows that. 8) :wink:

Thx for the clarifications TAB....wasn't trying to take anything away from you as far a credit goes.
Went back and re-read the Attachment(s) Poll: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists? thread.
So TAB you are still in contact with the brothers?
Also...
Here are a couple interesting thoughts.

1) In re-reading the above thread...
there was much discussion about the Phx Brothers getting sued over just flat out releasing the footage without all the proper sign-offs and such....Yet in 2012 ??? there are not 1 but 2 books released about Randy Rhoads during the Ozzy & QR years...one having QR footage....and no legal actions as far as the Osbournes go has been initiated..that I know of...yes I about the legal filing from the Rhoads Estate....haven't heard much about that since the filing tho.

2) Also in re-reading the above thread....there was much discussion about the Phx Brothers intent to get 50k(implied intentionally) for the footage or to start a bidding war for said footage.
It would be an interesting thought/idea if a group could Crowdfun/kickstart to raise the $$ if the Phx Bros were STILL interested?

3)Just hearing the phrase "ill sue you" sometimes is enuff to scare people away from taking an action without taking any leagal action.
To be honest....who REALLY knows what the legal ramifications are?
I'm no Attorney..as I will guess most on this site are not either.
Again ill point to another example of a book that was released in 2007???
Gary Sharpe young book about Ozzy was released....an "unauthorized" bio....has pics and all.....was HE sued by the Osbournes??(Great book BTW!)
Bob Daisley is supposedly releasing some audio HE has of the writing of Blizzard? next year as well.

Anyway.....just something to chew on!

And TAB
About the Phx Bros
I too grew up in Phx .....went to grade school and Hi school there.... didn't attend this particular show unfortunately..i seem to recall one of the times Ozzy played on the Diary or Blizzard tour in Phx the show had to be relocated due roof issues at Vetrans Mem Col??...I think it was moved to Tempe?..curious where these Bros went to Hi school and such....I went to Thunderbird HS.
lotsa cool local bands in Phx at that time......and places to catch them at too.....The Mason Jar for one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:54 pm 
Madman

nuclear1 wrote:
TAB wrote:

Thx for the clarifications TAB....wasn't trying to take anything away from you as far a credit goes.
Went back and re-read the Attachment(s) Poll: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists? thread.
So TAB you are still in contact with the brothers?
Also...
Here are a couple interesting thoughts.

1) In re-reading the above thread...
there was much discussion about the Phx Brothers getting sued over just flat out releasing the footage without all the proper sign-offs and such....Yet in 2012 ??? there are not 1 but 2 books released about Randy Rhoads during the Ozzy & QR years...one having QR footage....and no legal actions as far as the Osbournes go has been initiated..that I know of...yes I about the legal filing from the Rhoads Estate....haven't heard much about that since the filing tho.

2) Also in re-reading the above thread....there was much discussion about the Phx Brothers intent to get 50k(implied intentionally) for the footage or to start a bidding war for said footage.
It would be an interesting thought/idea if a group could Crowdfun/kickstart to raise the $$ if the Phx Bros were STILL interested?

3)Just hearing the phrase "ill sue you" sometimes is enuff to scare people away from taking an action without taking any leagal action.
To be honest....who REALLY knows what the legal ramifications are?
I'm no Attorney..as I will guess most on this site are not either.
Again ill point to another example of a book that was released in 2007???
Gary Sharpe young book about Ozzy was released....an "unauthorized" bio....has pics and all.....was HE sued by the Osbournes??(Great book BTW!)
Bob Daisley is supposedly releasing some audio HE has of the writing of Blizzard? next year as well.

Anyway.....just something to chew on!

It's a lot to chew on actually. :lol: I realized showing these shots just teases people. It took me a while to figure that trying to give people a new image is only teasing them about footage. I didn't get that at first years ago.

Not getting into personal things. Yeah Blizzard show was in Tempe, there is audio of it.

1) We don't know all the details between the O's and Randy's estate on agreeing on legalities for those 2 Redmatch items. You can't mix up the situations. When you mention about these 2 books you are talking about QR footage. It's no interest to Sharon because is minus Ozzy. Far as the phx if you are drawing an analogy, it was obtained back in the day when it was not allowed. Sadly then Sharon did not want photos or video or audio captured of these live shows unless it was by her only. So they could make money off of it and no one else. remember they just filmed a show they are not a professional company trying to release a product. Who wouldn't be afraid to be sued or get your film taken away from you. They just got caught up in all this also being fans like all of us.

2) a fake story to metal news sites with images I leaked came out cause parties were trying to get that doc off the ground. Just rumors and chaos all tabloid type shit. Never no intentions to sell. Bad timing cause of that doc. IMO you can't force people to do things or obtain things from them. Things get shared out of kindness. That's how we see more new Randy images everyday. That's how I saw the footage in the 1st place was out of kindness. I can never thank them enough for that. Because of the chaos that came about with those rumors and selling just ruined things.

3) again who knows the legalities what happens to projects from others with books and what we don't hear about? You should look at a lot of threads here talking about Bob's situation and other items on books that came out. It stays way more updated than the ol tk. I wish Bob all the luck in the world, it will be great for us all but I would say so far legal reasons has kept it from coming out and would say the same if the phx footage would ever try to be marketed unless it was by sharon herself and only her.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:32 pm 
Mass Poster

its amazing how clear this taping is!!!i cant get over how sharp these images are!pretty damn good cam for the time wow!!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next