pictures of Randy's pedalboard

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

equinox

Re: pictures of Randy's pedalboard

Post by equinox »

Hey guys, forgot to add on 4/26, I could not let it go and painted the switches the correct color as Randy's to make the board even more authentic!! :O
The perfectionism never stops!! God Bless Randy Rhoads.
Attachments
IMG_20220426_124948742.jpg
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

It looks friggin' good!!! Really makes me wish I had one!!! :lol: Well, I will build my own,-with the pedals that I have acquired!!! Mainly from 1979-1985 :mrgreen:
Mikel
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

equinox wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:38 am Hey guys, forgot to add on 4/26, I could not let it go and painted the switches the correct color as Randy's to make the board even more authentic!! :O
The perfectionism never stops!! God Bless Randy Rhoads.
Looks great man! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
equinox

Post by equinox »

Hey guys

I need to take some pro photos with a white or green background, but finished the pedalboard Labor Day weekend after finalizing on the custom looper I designed and used under the hood, painted the pedals gray like Randy's and finally spray painted "RANDY RHOADS" and "HANDLE WITH CARE" on the road case, head, and cabinet!

It is 1-of-1 on and the only authentic clone of Randy's complete rig including exact clone of his pedalboard as humanly possible!

Every pedal is era correct and 1978-1980 and even the looper, I designed using components that were available during the 70s instead of upgrading to say a micro-processor modern approach!

I'll get even better pro photos as well as clips, but wanted to give everyone an update!

It works exactly as designed, looping in the pedals in the correct order as well as master bypass of all the effects! Likewise, the EXT and ECHO pedals shunt tip to sleeve and can trigger the units on and off from the pedalboard!!

Enjoy!
Attachments
DSCN0664-2.jpg
DSCN0663-2.jpg
DSCN0662-2.jpg
DSCN0661-2.jpg
DSCN0660-2.jpg
DSCN0659-2.jpg
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

That's some dedication. Looks awesome!
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:D Hey ho!!!
That looks freakin' awesome!!!
Mikel
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

I really like how it turned out, stunning!
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

That is amazing, and was a real labor of love. Kudos to you for taking the time to do it well and do it right! Total respect and love from me here...and I bet you could put one or two of these together for a small profit from some of the die-hards on here that would put them over the moon.
equinox

Post by equinox »

No1UNo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:33 am That is amazing, and was a real labor of love. Kudos to you for taking the time to do it well and do it right! Total respect and love from me here...and I bet you could put one or two of these together for a small profit from some of the die-hards on here that would put them over the moon.
Thank you soo much and to all. I think you hit it on the head...It's love, dedication and passion an in the end, like you said, it's done and done right! I'm so happy to have it for my own and done it and it turned out and works as designed. :D

I brought it to a local Open Mic and had people play and demo it. The veteran PA guys was like..."What's in the case?" Then he's like..."that's some pedalbpoard. That thing is huge!" lol. Which it is. Go Big or Go Home!!