Diary of a Madman Concert Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Diary of a Madman Concert Footage

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Does anyone else find it odd that there is pro shot footage of Brad Gillis on the Diary of a Madman tour, but none with Randy? Makes me believe there is at least one pro shot concert of Randy that the o$bourne's aren't letting us have. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Re: Diary of a Madman Concert Footage

Post by Nick Hughes »

After talking with another member here about the Capital Theater footage here I started talking with people over at the capital theater Facebook page and the people who have the various footage in the vaults

The footage from capital theater DOES exist and there is audio
Yes with randy

I was told BY someone very high up that SHARON has been asking about the footage for awhile but the seller doesn't want to budge

If anyone whants to talk I won't say anything publicly
PM me if you want more info
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Nick Hughes wrote:After talking with another member here about the Capital Theater footage here I started talking with people over at the capital theater Facebook page and the people who have the various footage in the vaults

Yes with randy

I was told BY someone very high up that SHARON has been asking about the footage for awhile but the seller doesn't want to budge

I have sent you a PM, but it is in my outbox, not sent, i am not very savvy with sending messages on this forum. please let me know if you did or did not receive it.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
Nick Hughes wrote:After talking with another member here about the Capital Theater footage here I started talking with people over at the capital theater Facebook page and the people who have the various footage in the vaults

Yes with randy

I have sent you a PM, but it is in my outbox, not sent, i am not very savvy with sending messages on this forum. please let me know if you did or did not receive it.
Got it :D
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The thing with the Bad Gillis video is that it was supposed to be Randy. It was scheduled in advance and just happened to work out that Randy was gone before the date of the filming... it's really not a big mystery, just an unfortunate reality.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Nick Hughes... Just to confirm you alternate nick is is RANDY WILL NEVER DIE correct?
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Shockwave wrote:Nick Hughes... Just to confirm you alternate nick is is RANDY WILL NEVER DIE correct?
Correct

I got locked out of my old account
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Wish it was true, but based on time, someone would have leaked it by now...Nothing more than a myth...Wish I was wrong. I mean, how long do you think Sharon had the Mexico two songs, + plus the other we got? If she had this (the whole show), it could have generated major bucks, pro shot... If you think about it about it what is the next milestone, 40 years?
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

devorerd wrote:Wish it was true, but based on time, someone would have leaked it by now...Nothing more than a myth...Wish I was wrong. I mean, how long do you think Sharon had the Mexico two songs, + plus the other we got? If she had this (the whole show), it could have generated major bucks, pro shot... If you think about it about it what is the next milestone, 40 years?
I see what you're saying, but you aren't factoring in the Rhoads' family. Particularly Mrs. Rhoads, she is very selective of what she lets out regarding Randy.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
devorerd wrote:Wish it was true, but based on time, someone would have leaked it by now...Nothing more than a myth...Wish I was wrong. I mean, how long do you think Sharon had the Mexico two songs, + plus the other we got? If she had this (the whole show), it could have generated major bucks, pro shot... If you think about it about it what is the next milestone, 40 years?
I see what you're saying, but you aren't factoring in the Rhoads' family. Particularly Mrs. Rhoads, she is very selective of what she lets out regarding Randy.

True until 6 or 7 years ago we had no idea the rhoads family was sitting on quiet riot footage. Then BAM footage was release

As mean as it is I don't think a gold mine will be found till miss rhoads passes

REMBER very recently bob release grail teasers and when he was asked if anybody has heard any of it he said that ozzy heard it in 81 and Kelly rhoads heard a lot over the phone and "he loved what he heard and wants to here more"
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Nothin ro see here move along
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Nick Hughes wrote:I see what you're saying, but you aren't factoring in the Rhoads' family. Particularly Mrs. Rhoads, she is very selective of what she lets out regarding Randy.

True until 6 or 7 years ago we had no idea the Rhoads family was sitting on quiet riot footage. Then BAM footage was release
[/quote]

When did the Rhoads' family release Quiet Riot footage?

Kevin DuBrow had his Quiet Riot footage stolen from him after loaning it to VH1... it then appeared as DVDs on eBay and, eventually, on YouTube. It had nothing to do with Randy's family.

Mrs. Rhoads was consulted on the Quiet Riot: The Randy Rhoads Years CD project that DuBrow released in the 90's. She gave her blessing on that one, but it wasn't "the family" withholding anything.

Not sure if Mrs. Rhoads was consulted on Ron Sobol's QR book or not, I've never heard any discussion about the behind-the-scenes stuff with that project. There is a bunch of good footage on the DVD with that release as well.

As for the Ozzy years, I'm sure Sharon could release anything she wanted to with or without permission from Randy's estate. I truly doubt she has anything, though, because, as I said before, the filming was scheduled prior to Randy's passing with the assumption that the band would be Ozzy, Randy, Rudy and Tommy when the filming date arrived. There isn't much from before that date except stuff shot for news and media promos.

Unless there is audience shot stuff, I doubt anything will ever surface.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Nick Hughes wrote:I see what you're saying, but you aren't factoring in the Rhoads' family. Particularly Mrs. Rhoads, she is very selective of what she lets out regarding Randy.

True until 6 or 7 years ago we had no idea the Rhoads family was sitting on quiet riot footage. Then BAM footage was release
When did the Rhoads' family release Quiet Riot footage?

Kevin DuBrow had his Quiet Riot footage stolen from him after loaning it to VH1... it then appeared as DVDs on eBay and, eventually, on YouTube. It had nothing to do with Randy's family.

Mrs. Rhoads was consulted on the Quiet Riot: The Randy Rhoads Years CD project that DuBrow released in the 90's. She gave her blessing on that one, but it wasn't "the family" withholding anything.

Not sure if Mrs. Rhoads was consulted on Ron Sobol's QR book or not, I've never heard any discussion about the behind-the-scenes stuff with that project. There is a bunch of good footage on the DVD with that release as well.

As for the Ozzy years, I'm sure Sharon could release anything she wanted to with or without permission from Randy's estate. I truly doubt she has anything, though, because, as I said before, the filming was scheduled prior to Randy's passing with the assumption that the band would be Ozzy, Randy, Rudy and Tommy when the filming date arrived. There isn't much from before that date except stuff shot for news and media promos.

Unless there is audience shot stuff, I doubt anything will ever surface.[/quote]

I believe in a matter of time, that things will surface. There's stuff out there, to me, its just a matter of time.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I find it odd that they seemingly recorded many concerts professionally from May 81 to August 81 and yet there is not one professional recorded show of Diary with Randy.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

Nick,

I think the Capitol Theater footage issue is a bit more complex...

Steve Machat, lawyer for Don Arden (Jet Records) states in his book, "Gods, Gangsters, and Honor" that he sold the Capitol Theater footage to MusicMaker.com, Inc., for Don Arden (who owned it and all copyrights) in the late 90's for $100,000. Although the book doesn't list this show by name, there were enough references to it (by Randy in a postcard to Jody, and by Ozzy's tour manager) that this is probably one of the only multi-camera pro-shot shows of Ozzy and Randy, because every band was always filmed by in-house cameras when they played that venue.

IF the Capitol still has this show in its archives - or at least a copy of it, they most likely don't own the copyright and can't do anything with it. MusicMaker.com, Inc. went out of business, so who knows what happened to the footage and copyright that Machat sold to them. I wouldn't doubt that it's sitting in a warehouse somewhere collecting dust as liquidated assets of the defunct company, or that it was sold again to someone else who is enjoying it privately, when the business was liquidated as it went through bankruptcy proceedings.

I live in Boston. If I talked to someone connected to Capitol and they said they had the footage, my reply would be, "I'll be there in 4 hours if I can just see the reel of film - and perhaps a screening to verify it is what you say it is."

So, while I believe this footage is real and still out there, it ever seeing the light of day is another matter entirely. But I also believe that someone following the right trail who is determined to verify that it exists would, in fact, be able to do so with a bit of research and hard work.