It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:53 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 55 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:15 pm 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 487
Shockwave wrote:
Are all these postcards in the books that have been released over the last few years? I have seen 2 or 3 postcards from Randy and usually he seemed to be in a good mood, none of the stuff mentioned above...in the books?


Hehe I think I've asked this question twice in this thread and didn't get a response on a source. :fish:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:23 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
Randy couldve left at anytime before he signed his contract, he recorded two albums, and was even going to record a third album and the audio interviews and postcard i saw only talk about how much he is enjoying himself in the uk. The other thing was that it was very cold in the winter of 79 ,80 and he talks about being freezing cold and not being able to get his hands moving. Only Randy Rhoads can answer these questions and he isnt here anymore but the facts speak for themselves he was with Ozzy Osbourne right up until the moment of his death, even after being punched in the face by Osbourne and even then stated he would record one more album and do one more tour and then would leave. Before that he did consider leaving but that was when Bob and Lee were fired however Lee Kerslake told him not to be stupid and stick with it and he did, because he had told Lee and Bob he didn't want to leave them behind....

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:25 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
orion_damage wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Are all these postcards in the books that have been released over the last few years? I have seen 2 or 3 postcards from Randy and usually he seemed to be in a good mood, none of the stuff mentioned above...in the books?


Hehe I think I've asked this question twice in this thread and didn't get a response on a source. :fish:


Yes exactly heres one where he was writing Blizzard at my mates house dec 1979 and seems very happy to me.

Not the line " I love it here"


Attachments:
File comment: Very happy about his new amps, note the writing style(not someone who seems sad and depressed)
Dubrow_Postcard.jpg
Dubrow_Postcard.jpg [ 257.56 KiB | Viewed 633 times ]
File comment: Looking Happy with his camera sightseeing with Bob at Cardiff Castle November 1980 nearly 1 year after the postcard below
bob and randy1.jpg
bob and randy1.jpg [ 165.89 KiB | Viewed 633 times ]
File comment: " I love it here"
postcard2.jpg
postcard2.jpg [ 847.83 KiB | Viewed 633 times ]

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:30 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
That is 2 postcards from 100's he wrote letters to many people and he wrote postcards on a daily basis to Jodi. What info do you have apart from those 2 post cards. Both of the postcards are from the time before he went on tour. Yeah everything is happening and he has a good positive vibe...The album's coming together great Jodi is in London with Randy. He wants to tell Kevin Dubrow how life is without blowing his trumpet too loudly. Yeah this was the time when he was probably happy and having a cool time. When the shit hits the fan later on... His attitude changes and i'm not just saying this to be negative i was well surprised when i found out this info. If i could share what i know in more detail i would but i cannot say too much.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:48 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
He wrote to Jodi every day. He wrote to Jo Jo Laine too i bet Jodi didnt know that! ( she might now though), and if you saw the letters that her daughter Heidi kept your jaw would drop. I cant say anything about that though because Heidi asked me not to. I know the facts though, he recorded two albums, and was meant to record one more.Everyone knows Ozzy punched him when things went bad , and most people know he wanted to leave when Bob and Lee were fired before that Lee Kerslake persuaded him not to and told him not to be silly.Of course his attitude would've changed, everyone knows that too- he wanted to study classical music and obviously had had enough of Ozzy`s behaviour but the fact is he agreed to record one more album because Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge had a meeting with him and the words came out of his mouth Bob had been asked to record it with Randy, and after that and one more tour and he said then he would quit....whats your point?

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:18 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
Well my point is UNTIL you have seen the post cards and letters and what they are talking about you cannot be judgemental. Spouting off on a subject you know one side of. OK Jo Jo Laine was who ? Randy's bitch...Yeah well Jodi would of heard a lot more pillow talk believe me. From how he was from the beginning to the end. When he was upset feeling pissed off with whoever. Jodi would be told and other people who he wrote to. The post cards we have all seen are very much a small snippet of Randy's life... Jodi literally has enough material to write her own book. But the content would be an eye opener for many and for many fans you'd see the side of Randy you don't want to see. Just like how you've blown the word on Jo Jo keeping secrets is cool when you can learn to keep it buttoned. I'm not alone here and it's for you to find out this info...For any fan who is close to the family they will know a hell of lot of what went on just by his letters alone. But its like listening to closed doors ....you never hear any good.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:01 am 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:04 pm
Posts: 447
agreed Shaun 100%. you know I been personally having some really bad days lately, and have gotten too dramatic using the word miserable when Randy was recording. Though I can say he wasn't prepared for some things that happened with the personalities. Sure he had good times, at that point wasn't enough for him to just walk away even through Blizzard tour. I think by Diary it all came to a head and when he started achieving success, he wanted something different.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:40 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
Think of it this way: Have you ever gotten a job where at first you are thrilled to have the job but after a couple of weeks you realize that everyone you work with are a bunch of idiots? There's that one guy who thinks he's great because of all the great people he's worked with in the past. Then there's that guy who thinks he's great because he used to work for a great company. Then there's that guy who has been around the block and feels he's worth more than he's getting simply because he's been around the block... that's where Randy was while in England. I'm sure he had second thoughts very early on, but his mom kept him believing that he was doing the right thing by making a name for himself.

I believe that Randy wanted out of the world of Ozzy very early on, but he stayed because he hoped things would get better, especially after he had a friend like Rudy with him and was playing with Tommy (as he was a Black Oak fan from about '71)...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:30 pm 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
Paul Wolfe wrote:
Think of it this way: Have you ever gotten a job where at first you are thrilled to have the job but after a couple of weeks you realize that everyone you work with are a bunch of idiots? There's that one guy who thinks he's great because of all the great people he's worked with in the past. Then there's that guy who thinks he's great because he used to work for a great company. Then there's that guy who has been around the block and feels he's worth more than he's getting simply because he's been around the block... that's where Randy was while in England. I'm sure he had second thoughts very early on, but his mom kept him believing that he was doing the right thing by making a name for himself.

I believe that Randy wanted out of the world of Ozzy very early on, but he stayed because he hoped things would get better, especially after he had a friend like Rudy with him and was playing with Tommy (as he was a Black Oak fan from about '71)...


Any musician or actor who has to tour, or live in close proximity to other artists, has good days and bad days, it's hard, focused, stressful work and things don't always go well, and you get homesick. Tempers and passions rise and fall like the wind, one minute you hate someone and the next they're your best friend. It happens in any creative process. Works of art and great performances need that kind of energy, in my opinion. Obviously, during the Diary tour Randy decided that he'd had enough.

But it didn't appear to me 'that Randy wanted out of the world of Ozzy very early on'. It seems that both you and Shaun are forming your opinions based on what you've been told by anonymous sources and what you believe to be Randy's personal postcards and letters home... Hmm, wonder how Randy would feel about a couple of total strangers reading his personal stuff? But then, we'll never know if this correspondence was written by Randy or not will we? We're not allowed to see it for ourselves and make informed decisions, we're supposed to take your word for it, and your interpretation of what was written.

It's funny to me that people who've never been in the business and never met Randy are so sure that they know what he thought to the point of dismissing other views, and what we all know to be postcards written by Randy that show he was enjoying himself in the UK, which is what I remember. I prefer to believe what I heard with my own ears and saw with my own eyes. Randy never struck me as being two-faced but if I believed what you say, that's what he would've been.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:54 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Well my point is UNTIL you have seen the post cards and letters and what they are talking about you cannot be judgemental. Spouting off on a subject you know one side of. OK Jo Jo Laine was who ? Randy's bitch...Yeah well Jodi would of heard a lot more pillow talk believe me. From how he was from the beginning to the end. When he was upset feeling pissed off with whoever. Jodi would be told and other people who he wrote to. The post cards we have all seen are very much a small snippet of Randy's life... Jodi literally has enough material to write her own book. But the content would be an eye opener for many and for many fans you'd see the side of Randy you don't want to see. Just like how you've blown the word on Jo Jo keeping secrets is cool when you can learn to keep it buttoned. I'm not alone here and it's for you to find out this info...For any fan who is close to the family they will know a hell of lot of what went on just by his letters alone. But its like listening to closed doors ....you never hear any good.



Jo Jo was Randy`s bitch you say? Well i asked Heidi if i could post her reply here for your uneducated ignorant brain so here goes:

Heidi

Hi , they were very much in love I have a letter from him to her, but i cannot let it out, but take my word for it, they had something very special, i met him when they were together and when he died , her heart left with him ...

Hi yeah ...Randy was a beautiful soul, my mom would always say and you can hear it when he plays it's just a private letter that no one has seen except for me and my mom so i never thought to put it out in public and what's in it is very personal and deep...

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:02 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Hey who is attacking anyone here.... It's opinions based on what i know. Your the one dangling the carrot Nick goading with the bullshit and being in Sky's tag team, well someone has to give him support. Like Paul has mentioned we use to do this a lot. Calling each other and turning a forum into a bitch slapping event. Like when you come here for the first time fishing for info. I was a friend i did my best to answer your questions and you even invited me down to your 'mates house' which is your only real connection to Randy Rhoads as you never shut up about it. But lets not get personal or it turns the thread into a bore fest. Regardless of what we do and do not know....who really gives a flying fuck only the fans who are passionate enough to still be here. So if your opinions are cool and to the point and have reason to be questioned so be it. As far as a fat bloke pouring over 30 year old personal letters being embarrassing, you have a short memory. If it wasn't for your fascination with Franks post card would you of ever spoke to me or contacted me. So your calling your own bluff mate. Or do i have to start posting PM's you sent me.

Remember what the thread is titled " How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band ".


Yes it is and i'm correcting you on your comment that " Jo Jo was Randy`s bitch" . This is very relevant because Randy was telling her a very different story to the one in your love letters to Jodi you have under lock and key and your version of what Randy Rhoads was actually thinking.

I dont have any connection to Randy Rhoads apart from the fact i am a fan of his playing. And neither do you , from what i can gather from talking to people who did know him he wouldve been very embarrassed and amused by this!

You can post what you like, doesnt make any difference to me .

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:57 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:30 pm
Posts: 502
Location: utah, usa
Sky wrote:
I'd hate to see another one go down the pan particularly as I have memories to share that some members appreciate.


I would hate that too. I like hearing your insights.

And yeah, the drama is old. I just don't understand it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:01 am 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
Quote:
Well if you remember Randy arrived in England to be put on the next plane home as his visa had not been arranged and no one was at the airport to meet him
.

No, that isn't correct. Randy had no problems getting into the UK when he first arrived in '79. It was in July '80 when he returned from a trip home that Randy was put on the next plane back to the US because Jet hadn't arranged his visa.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Last edited by Sky on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:17 am 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
Quote:
["TAB"] Even during recording Blizzard he was in the middle of Ozzy and Sharon's wars. If you look at the photos in Bob's book he looks miserable in many of them.



Sharon was working in the US for Jet until after BOO had been recorded, her brother David looked after the band until Aug 1980 when Sharon was brought back to the UK to go on tour with the band as 'tour-coordinator'. Check out the UK tour programme. Randy looked pretty content in most of the photos in Bob's book to me.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: How early was Randy trying to get out of Ozzy's band?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:25 pm 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:24 am
Posts: 340
See you in Graphis!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 55 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net