Is there a specific video compilation with the best quality?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Is there a specific video compilation with the best quality?

Post by orion_damage »

This morning I was looking through my music bootlegs and came across a Randy Rhoads compilation DVD I bought a while back and it got me curious. Side note, this DVD has After Hours, the 3 or 4 songs from New York and various news clips. Just in case anyone was curious. I think it has Quiet Riot footage but I'm not certain, overall quality is decent but not as good as some of the stuff on YouTube.

So I'm curious is there a compilation out there with the best quality and all the latest findings? I was looking at getting Six String God but I also saw a torrent out called Ozzy - Randy 1978 - 1982 but I wasn't sure of the quality. I'm aware of the NY and Mexico concerts which I hope to get in the future.

Anyone have any recommendations?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Is there a specific video compilation with the best qual

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Randy 1978 - 1982 sounds like the tape you have mentioned... Not sure what the contents are on the Six string God disc. Most of the seen footage is what you have and the other clips on youtube etc ...
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:The Randy 1978 - 1982 sounds like the tape you have mentioned... Not sure what the contents are on the Six string God disc. Most of the seen footage is what you have and the other clips on youtube etc ...
The 78-82 footage includes the soundcheck, Chicago footage and a few others that my comp doesn't have.

I've read the Six String God DVD has an out of sync After Hours.

I may just find the best off YouTube and make my own.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Just an update for anyone interested. I downloaded the Rhoads 78-82 compilation and it was good in some parts and not so hot in others.

The Quiet Riot footage was a bit grainy, dark and had a few blurps.
After Hours seems like a good quality VHS rip.
Chicago footage is watchable and not bad.
New York show is decent

Anyways, still a good compilation to get but I certainly plan on trying to put all of the best quality videos together in a single compilation. I may try and get Six String God but we'll see, I'd love to get a good deal on the Quiet Riot Years but I've only seen that on eBay in around the $90 range.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

I have both the Six String God and the Quiet Riot years..both are pretty good. The Quiet Riot years along with the book were very enjoyable, it transported you back into that time very well..I really enjoyed that part where Randy was teaching a student Van Halen's "Runnin with the devil" lead...
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

devorerd wrote:I have both the Six String God and the Quiet Riot years..both are pretty good. The Quiet Riot years along with the book were very enjoyable, it transported you back into that time very well..I really enjoyed that part where Randy was teaching a student Van Halen's "Runnin with the devil" lead...
I haven't heard that story about him teaching a Van Halen lead. Care to share good sir?
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

There's an audio clip on the DVD of Randy teaching one of his students a section of the "Devil" solo...He talks and they plays some of it...I've read that he often taught Van Halen licks to many of his students.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

He also plays some of On Fire