It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:54 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the toll
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:48 am 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:33 am
Posts: 199
Location: Toronto,Ontario. Canada
Okay,let me explain.....(and I believe this will explain in a way why nothing ever of Randy will be released)

The O$bourne camp is getting out of hand. Look for any video on YouTube,you'll find a few but a bust. Copy write is on almost everything - okay,I get it.

I posted 1 said song from YouTube to my wife on Facebook (I think it was Time After Time) - had a bad day and I was being an ass to her. Anyway,I didn't up it to YouTube but someone else did and I thought as a sweet forgive me I'd post it. Bad call. Logged on today (to Facebook) and I get a ban hammer warning about illegal copy written content....wtf? YouTube page is gone (and I got a warning PM on there - I NEVER UPPED THE DAMN VIDEO) and any Ozzy content on there (not all) is gone. Now,I understand the rule upon copy written material but,I never upped it and what's next.....jail because I have a copy of BOO on my phone that I paid for? This organization is making it clear that unless you pay for the **** name (think I screwed myself already by posting the name),you are screwed. Next will be images (oh man,I'm toast now). I hope down the road sometime soon,Bob find's that one thing they overlooked and leaves $harron pennyle$$. This is what they've become and it's a heartbreaker knowing they have almost every show recorded,video and a ton of pic's we'll never see unless we pay $666.66 for a 6 second clip from the extra ET dress rehearsal footage showing only Rudy's ass.

This clut has gone too far and I deleted my account on that site. Shame on them. I'm deleting my av in protest.

I apologize if this is thought not to be Randy related and please move my thread to a right part of the forum.

P.C.M. (weird without the you know whom av)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:57 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
P C M wrote:
...it's a heartbreaker knowing they have almost every show recorded,video and a ton of pic's we'll never see...


Knowing? I think it should be hoping or assuming... if they really have all this stuff and they think there is value there, and they are the money grubbing greedy bastards they are made out to be, then wouldn't they already have it packaged, priced and available?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:16 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 129
Location: At home
While we are talking about this now I can't find My little man on YouTube form ozzys record


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:44 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:00 am
Posts: 642
Paul Wolfe wrote:
P C M wrote:
...it's a heartbreaker knowing they have almost every show recorded,video and a ton of pic's we'll never see...


Knowing? I think it should be hoping or assuming... if they really have all this stuff and they think there is value there, and they are the money grubbing greedy bastards they are made out to be, then wouldn't they already have it packaged, priced and available?


+1 paul ... end of thread really


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:59 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm
Posts: 832
I don't think they have any pro shot video..otherwise it would be out already. Although i would bet big money on that there are quite a few pro-shot shows out there and the owners want money, but the Osbournes will not pay for any of it as they believe they owe nothing for something that was recorded illegally without their permission. I believe Sharon stated something like this already a few years ago.

I think if there are any shows that they do have, it would be of the 1980 tour with Bob/Lee and that right there would be a reason not to release it. The only other show i picture them actually owning and not releasing would be the 12/30/81 or 12/31/81 opening Diary tour shows...Such an elaborate set and on opening night I am sure they wanted the moment captured, even if it is just back stage footage. They have always said there first few shows were a complete disaster..so it would make sense that they would not release it if it hey had it.


They probably have 100's of hours of video just of the band on the road, site seeing and stuff.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:05 pm 
Madman

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 486
Shockwave wrote:
I don't think they have any pro shot video..otherwise it would be out already. Although i would bet big money on that there are quite a few pro-shot shows out there and the owners want money, but the Osbournes will not pay for any of it as they believe they owe nothing for something that was recorded illegally without their permission. I believe Sharon stated something like this already a few years ago.

I think if there are any shows that they do have, it would be of the 1980 tour with Bob/Lee and that right there would be a reason not to release it. The only other show i picture them actually owning and not releasing would be the 12/30/81 or 12/31/81 opening Diary tour shows...Such an elaborate set and on opening night I am sure they wanted the moment captured, even if it is just back stage footage. They have always said there first few shows were a complete disaster..so it would make sense that they would not release it if it hey had it.


They probably have 100's of hours of video just of the band on the road, site seeing and stuff.


Good points here.

The sad part is, if the Osbournes worked with the folks that had footage, the fans (and by extension, the Ozzy Legacy), would be richer for it. I understand that the footage was obtained under less than favourable circumstances, but it's 30 year old footage at this point. Give the folks amnesty, and start putting a project that fans would enjoy together.

Plus, at this point, would this really be taking away from Ozzy's earning potential? How many more years does Oz have performing in front of him, realistically? This could be an additional way to make $$$, and we all know they're in favour of that.

I'm not sure how much footage they would have of behind the scenes stuff. I'm sure there's a bit, but doubtful it's hundreds of hours. It seems to me that getting footage was not a high priority for the band or management at the time. Given how big Ozzy got after this era, I'm sure they wish they had tons of it, but like others have said, it's doubtful they actually have more footage, or else it would be out there. It's the folks that shot bootleg footage that is their best potential source, IMO. I also tend to think that there's still the whole issue of whether Mrs. Rhoads would approve the footage as well. The Osbourne camp seems to tread very lightly with this sort of stuff.

The whole thing is rather complicated, and at the end of the day, it would be just great to have one full, or even half, concert with Randy on guitar. At this point of being a fan, I'm thrilled when even a snippet of anything gets released, even something like the Texas Soundcheck. I truly hope in our lifetimes we will get additional Randy footage. Will it happen? Who knows.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:01 pm 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:04 pm
Posts: 447
another footage rare unseen thread here :lol: No biggie .. I agree with Canuck also I will take anything with Randy no matter quality or duration. :lol: also + 2 with Paul because if they meaning Sharon since she is Camp Ozzy, would have put out anything pro shot film or super rare that she owned or acquired up until now or would be included with this new package coming out. Only thing I see is live audio they might have. If there's any chance in existence was pro shot possibly could be an early 1980 era show or the DOTG 81. I don't think Sharon has anything again they would have made money off of it.

Sadly I don't think they have 100 hours of video on the road or they would have put that stuff in their 30th Blizzard Documentary that came out. Like myself, people want to believe and hope and grasp at straws out of frustration. He was here in the limelight barley and gone in a such a flash. Being old now I guess, I remember in 82 man over that winter being on a high with the albums and the tour and he was gone in early spring and I was devastated forever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:11 pm 
Madman

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 486
TAB wrote:
Like myself, people want to believe and hope and grasp at straws out of frustration. He was here in the limelight barley and gone in a such a flash. Being old now I guess, I remember in 82 man over that winter being on a high with the albums and the tour and he was gone in early spring and I was devastated forever.


This is the crux of it, I think. No doubt everyone thought that the band (and Randy) would be around for a long time, and there would be plenty of time to get footage of them. Tragically, this was not the case.

I'm still surprised more footage was not recorded, but once again, it certainly doesn't seem like getting footage was a priority. I get the feeling that first tour was done on a shoestring budget, and that the second tour was funded better, but money was used to make an impressive stage show. Footage seemed to have been an afterthought.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:34 pm 
Cool Member

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:36 pm
Posts: 217
I do believe a few more things will pop up here and there, but it's a low probability that any thing will ever satisfy what should have been. I'd be happy with a DOAM tour CD..the boots are good, but something mixed, etc..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:05 pm 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:04 pm
Posts: 447
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
TAB wrote:
Like myself, people want to believe and hope and grasp at straws out of frustration. He was here in the limelight barley and gone in a such a flash. Being old now I guess, I remember in 82 man over that winter being on a high with the albums and the tour and he was gone in early spring and I was devastated forever.


This is the crux of it, I think. No doubt everyone thought that the band (and Randy) would be around for a long time, and there would be plenty of time to get footage of them. Tragically, this was not the case.

I'm still surprised more footage was not recorded, but once again, it certainly doesn't seem like getting footage was a priority. I get the feeling that first tour was done on a shoestring budget, and that the second tour was funded better, but money was used to make an impressive stage show. Footage seemed to have been an afterthought.


Yeah the Blizzard tour look at how many shows they did, a ton. They worked their butts off to promote the album. I would say it was a shoestring budget but I am sure Sharon was comfortable. :roll: The Diary tour seemed more rockstarish but they did do B shows and still had it rough.
Oh but far as Blizzard tour I left out on the list as everyone know about now The Capitol Theater being pro shot.

Most definitely, no one would ever see the accident in the future. I was super pissed I missed the guitar seminar but was on a high the next day after the show and sorta said to myself I would have another chance of meeting him someday. So I am sure everyone had that attitude of course. Same with SRV I had so many chances to go see him play and always said one of these times and it never happened. I know there was always the theory that the Diary tour was such a big production they had to film it to see what it looked like. I think also being 81,82 it just didn't happen as much in barely a 3 month span on the Diary tour. News agencies was our best hope such as the ET tonight thing. I have heard tho that the ET tonight is a bust because it shows mostly Ozzy which makes sense in a way sadly. We can only hope gems are out there but I dont think Camp Ozzy has them in some vault. lol


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:10 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm
Posts: 832
That's what i was saying earlier though kind of regarding stuff like the ET footage..

It is known for a fact that now 6yrs later that it is now in someones hands in its entirety. Obviously when the documentary fell through and then Ozzy decided on the 30yrs after DVD this would have been one of the first things they went after, and i am sure they did. But Dakota or whoever "owns" it now wanted money, no way Sharon was going to do that, either via a straight out payment or royalties.

I don't care really care if the shot is on Ozzy the whole time as Ironman over at .tk said, he got to see it in it's entirety. From what i remember him saying it sounded like it was 75% Ozzy on the video. The little extra parts we see of Randy would be great along with just hearing the audio of it. Those rehearsals of ET and Two on the Town are the clearest sound of what the soundboard recordings are and the guitar tone they wanted portrayed on them.

Because of all the soundboard tapes i thought for years that it was what Randy's tone actually sounded like coming out of his amps, after hearing a few crowd bootlegs from Diary tour along with the New Mexico footage from the 30yrs after DVD , it is the complete opposite. Randy's tone was exactly the same on the Diary tour as it was on the Blizzard tour. Whatever was going through the PA or directly onto the recordings was completely different and that is the sound we are getting on the soundboard tapes. The ET footage and Two on the Town footage both have that soundboard tone on it, it's likely the only master we would ever hear of that tone. They were trying to create that "wall of sound" we have heard quite a few people talk about that went to the Diary shows.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:30 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
Shockwave wrote:
Obviously when the documentary fell through and then Ozzy decided on the 30yrs after DVD this would have been one of the first things they went after, and i am sure they did. But Dakota or whoever "owns" it now wanted money, no way Sharon was going to do that, either via a straight out payment or royalties...


With Sharon being the one who ended the documentary by pulling her involvement, she is the one to blame for things not seeing the light of day.

I don't get my hopes up anymore or even think about seeing footage, because I'm certain it'll never happen. These days I'm happy with the books and the recordings (and video) we've already got. If the Laughing Gas audio or Bob's rehearsal stuff become available I'll be thrilled, but if they don't, then they don't.

I'll continue learning the ins and outs of Randy's playing by learning to play what he did. That's good enough for me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Madness, the cup they drink from Self destruction, the t
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:52 pm 
Madman

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:45 am
Posts: 407
Shockwave wrote:
I don't think they have any pro shot video..otherwise it would be out already. Although i would bet big money on that there are quite a few pro-shot shows out there and the owners want money, but the Osbournes will not pay for any of it as they believe they owe nothing for something that was recorded illegally without their permission. I believe Sharon stated something like this already a few years ago.

I think if there are any shows that they do have, it would be of the 1980 tour with Bob/Lee and that right there would be a reason not to release it. The only other show i picture them actually owning and not releasing would be the 12/30/81 or 12/31/81 opening Diary tour shows...Such an elaborate set and on opening night I am sure they wanted the moment captured, even if it is just back stage footage. They have always said there first few shows were a complete disaster..so it would make sense that they would not release it if it hey had it.


They probably have 100's of hours of video just of the band on the road, site seeing and stuff.


Bob has no recollection of any of the shows he played being filmed, he doesn't know of any footage that exists, and doesn't recall ever seeing or hearing about shows he played being filmed. I doubt very much there is any footage, if there is, it must have been taken secretly, and the cameras hidden.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net