Commentary on the RR QR Years DVD

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Commentary on the RR QR Years DVD

Post by orion_damage »

I watched the documentary, which was really good, and then skimmed some of the commentary. I got to the section of Randy doing the Laughing Gas solo to hear what was said. Ron Sobol is doing the commentary and he starts listing some of the QR stuff Randy used in Ozzy.

"You Drive Me Crazy" is "You Can't Kill Rock n Roll"
"We've got the Magic" is "SATO"
"Suicidal Show" is "Crazy Train" inverted

I've listened to these and I don't hear it, maybe it's the crappy headphones I've got on. I know that Force of Habit is in Suicide Solution and there's some Crazy Train, Believer and Goodbye to Romance in the Laughing Gas solo.

Do you hear "You Can't Kill Rock n Roll", "SATO" and "Crazy Train" in the three above mentioned QR songs?
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Re: Commentary on the RR QR Years DVD

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

There's a run or two in We've Got The Magic that I recognize from S.A.T.O but other than that I don't see anything else. I don't hear Crazy Train at all in Suicidal Show
I went ahead and rode the white horse
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:There's a run or two in We've Got The Magic that I recognize from S.A.T.O but other than that I don't see anything else. I don't hear Crazy Train at all in Suicidal Show

The only thing I recognize from We've Got the Magic is the little lead run he does in both solos. Is that what you heard?
Wiseguy

Post by Wiseguy »

I always heard a bit of No Bone Movies and Suicide Solution in force of habit.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

orion_damage wrote:I watched the documentary, which was really good, and then skimmed some of the commentary. I got to the section of Randy doing the Laughing Gas solo to hear what was said. Ron Sobol is doing the commentary and he starts listing some of the QR stuff Randy used in Ozzy.

I've listened to these and I don't hear it, maybe it's the crappy headphones I've got on. I know that Force of Habit is in Suicide Solution and there's some Crazy Train, Believer and Goodbye to Romance in the Laughing Gas solo.

Do you hear "You Can't Kill Rock n Roll", "SATO" and "Crazy Train" in the three above mentioned QR songs?
No I don't.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Sky wrote:
orion_damage wrote:I watched the documentary, which was really good, and then skimmed some of the commentary. I got to the section of Randy doing the Laughing Gas solo to hear what was said. Ron Sobol is doing the commentary and he starts listing some of the QR stuff Randy used in Ozzy.

No I don't.

+1
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.