It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:06 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 6   [ 89 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:43 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
Tito wrote:
Good point but imagine if there was video of randy giving a student a lesson..would you rather "see it",or "hear it"?


Okay, maybe that would be cool to see... still, I'd rather hear the writing process for Blizzard than see a video I won't watch more than once or twice anyway...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:54 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 pm
Posts: 1660
Ah i got you..cool.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:57 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
Shockwave wrote:
Bob has been very quiet on his site the last 2 months. Maybe he is trying to avoid posting anymore Negative comments towards the osbournes while replying to people's questions...could be thAt something is in the works between the two sides to get this released.



No mate Bob`s really busy with some other projects at the moment and Sky too, theres loads going on......its all on track though :P

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:00 am 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 129
Location: At home
I honestly didn't expected this topic to blow up like it did:)

In case everybody didn't know I have had problems logging in and registering for new accounts but I am back

For the people who don't know I am Nick Hughes/Randy will never die


So how much would all of you pay for the grail in its entirety (7 hours)
$50? $100? $150? $200?

How long would it last you personally ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:59 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm
Posts: 832
$199 tops

But i expect it to be $149...


The price of torrenting is free ...but something like this i would pay for.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:27 pm 
Madman

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 486
Shockwave wrote:
$199 tops

But i expect it to be $149...


The price of torrenting is free ...but something like this i would pay for.


Agreed. $149 would be reasonable, given the material. It's a bit more than what lots of people would be willing to pay, but fans would no doubt shell out for it, and really, that's who this release would be aimed squarely at.

I would hate to see this get torrented; what people fail to see is that by torrenting stuff like this, it discourages the people that release this material (in this case, Bob) from releasing anything else.

I'm more than happy to pay for the legit physical product and support Bob.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:50 pm 
Cool Member

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:16 pm
Posts: 193
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
$199 tops

But i expect it to be $149...


The price of torrenting is free ...but something like this i would pay for.


Agreed. $149 would be reasonable, given the material. It's a bit more than what lots of people would be willing to pay, but fans would no doubt shell out for it, and really, that's who this release would be aimed squarely at.

I would hate to see this get torrented; what people fail to see is that by torrenting stuff like this, it discourages the people that release this material (in this case, Bob) from releasing anything else.

I'm more than happy to pay for the legit physical product and support Bob.


That is why I believe the best thing would be if Bob does some sort of pre-order to get the numbers up... Maybe 6 weeks or so before release? Possibly throw in a bonus CD-R copy of a soundboard show to those who order without "officially" mentioning it? I'll pay whatever the cost is for these.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:18 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 129
Location: At home
alborg wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
$199 tops

But i expect it to be $149...


The price of torrenting is free ...but something like this i would pay for.


Agreed. $149 would be reasonable, given the material. It's a bit more than what lots of people would be willing to pay, but fans would no doubt shell out for it, and really, that's who this release would be aimed squarely at.

I would hate to see this get torrented; what people fail to see is that by torrenting stuff like this, it discourages the people that release this material (in this case, Bob) from releasing anything else.

I'm more than happy to pay for the legit physical product and support Bob.


That is why I believe the best thing would be if Bob does some sort of pre-order to get the numbers up... Maybe 6 weeks or so before release? Possibly throw in a bonus CD-R copy of a soundboard show to those who order without "officially" mentioning it? I'll pay whatever the cost is for these.


that's a great idea

:D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:52 am 
Madman

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 486
alborg wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
$199 tops

But i expect it to be $149...


The price of torrenting is free ...but something like this i would pay for.


Agreed. $149 would be reasonable, given the material. It's a bit more than what lots of people would be willing to pay, but fans would no doubt shell out for it, and really, that's who this release would be aimed squarely at.

I would hate to see this get torrented; what people fail to see is that by torrenting stuff like this, it discourages the people that release this material (in this case, Bob) from releasing anything else.

I'm more than happy to pay for the legit physical product and support Bob.


That is why I believe the best thing would be if Bob does some sort of pre-order to get the numbers up... Maybe 6 weeks or so before release? Possibly throw in a bonus CD-R copy of a soundboard show to those who order without "officially" mentioning it? I'll pay whatever the cost is for these.


Cool idea. Knowing how many people would buy this would be helpful.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:51 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:00 am
Posts: 642
from the little bit we have heard I would only really pay $75 or so .... If it is going to be $150+ I think bob will severely reduce sales possibilities to what I think is a small market already


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:19 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Cool idea. Knowing how many people would buy this would be helpful.


Maybe somebody should make a poll here to find out how many of our members would buy... maybe add a MSRP as a guideline...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:02 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:30 pm
Posts: 502
Location: utah, usa
149 is a bit much. even 75 dollars is a lot but that is probably the most I would be willing to go. But who knows, I could spend more depending on what all is released.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:32 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm
Posts: 832
He is most likely hopeing for a release or preorder starting on next years anniversary I imagine.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:13 am 
Cool Member

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:16 pm
Posts: 193
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
No need for an anniversary for me. Just release them when everything is ready & Bob is OK with it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:23 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
alborg wrote:
No need for an anniversary for me. Just release them when everything is ready & Bob is OK with it.


Amen to that


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 6   [ 89 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GUITARIDOL5682 and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net