Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Nick Hughes
Cool Member

New info on Bobs Grail tapes

Post by Nick Hughes »

here's what I posted a few months back

Sent from my iPad

Hey bob thanks for the little teasers

I loved them I like the little hammer on thing randy does during the 20minute jam

Do you need Sharon's go ahead to release this material ?

Would it be possible if I could get a longer teaser of that version of steal away the night you posted I love it. By longer teaser I mean about 5-10 seconds more. It would stay between you and I.

It pisses me off that as soon as you posted the teasers on you page people started posting them to youtube. I hate it when people have to ruin things for everybody else.

Would the fans ever get to hear the full tapes released?

Last question do you have the full south Hampton show(soundboard) I would love to hear that someday.

Thanks for everything bob

THIS IS WHAT HE SENT BACK

Hi Nick, I'm hoping to get the full boxed set released at some point, possibly next year. I know what you mean about the Youtube thing, within hours of me posting the snippets people were 'stealing' them. I'd probably have to do a pre-paid order on the 'Grail' and when we have a certain amount of sales release it then, otherwise it'd be all over the net within hours. I don't have Southampton tape, I do have one show but it's not labelled. Cheers mate, Bob.

Their you go I hope helps if people had questions

I am a little bummed that I didn't get an extended audio clip but I am happy bob replied at all
alborg
Cool Member

Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes

Post by alborg »

The pre-paid order thing is the best idea. I'm in... Don't want those guys ripped off any more than they already have been.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

I'm in for prepaid!!
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

I am in for the pre order or pre paid thing as well

I wonder if bob is going to erase ozz from the tape or just release the portions that don't have ozz in them
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

I'm sure Bob will clear everything with his lawyers before releasing anything. I'll take whatever I can get. I'm sure it will be interesting regardless of if we hear O$$Y or not. He should take pre-orders through his website in the lead up to the release. Fans will make sure to spread the word once it's announced.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

alborg wrote:I'm sure Bob will clear everything with his lawyers before releasing anything. I'll take whatever I can get. I'm sure it will be interesting regardless of if we hear O$$Y or not. He should take pre-orders through his website in the lead up to the release. Fans will make sure to spread the word once it's announced.
Agreed.
Gotta luv Bob
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Nice idea, even nicer if a new 1980 bootleg 'surfaced' for all to hear, chances are the osbourne will drop an anvil on the release of this before it's announced, cheers for sharing info ect
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Great that you got that info, but maybe he thought you were going to keep that news to yourself, the same as you mentioned for the audio.

Anyway..It should not piss you off at all regarding it getting uploaded to youtube..It should have been expected. If i did not see it on youtube after a few days i would have probably uploaded it myself. There are many Randy fans out there who never come to these forums and even more so Bob's site..They should be able to hear this stuff as well and it should be readily available.

The same thing will happen when the box set get's released, it will be all over youtube and the torrenting sites within days...Something like that irks me since we will most likely be paying around $150-$200 for this box set i imagine...But i expect it to happen and it can't be stopped so i don't really care.

Anyway...good grab on the news as i said.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

I told him that if he sent me some extended audio I would keep that to my self

He hasn't sent me anything but this email

I am a man of my word there is nothing reviling about the email that bob would have taken down

In the event that bob did send me something I would keep quiet

Good to hear from you Shockwave
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Count me in as someone else who would buy this. Gladly.

Not only do I want to hear this stuff, but I like the fact that BOB (and potentially Lee) would be seeing the profits from this. I have absolutely zero problems with even paying a bit more, if Bob gets the money from it. I kinda see this as Karma balancing things out a bit with him and Lee getting screwed over so bad in the past with royalties. I sincerely hope that this project comes to fruition.
tihsyloh

Post by tihsyloh »

I would buy one for sure. When those sound clips showed up on youtube, I first thought that's how Bob had them put out. At the time I didn't know they were supose to be exclusive to his website. I was so excited to hear them, I just clicked on the youtube link that someone had on here. At least the person that put them on youtube was cool to apologise to Bob about. I would be happy to see Bob and Lee make a few bucks from this.
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

The whole point of Bob releasing the tapes are to show how things were done. To finally put to bed any doubts about how the songs were written and came about since Ozzy has been blatantly lying about how the songs were written since 1981 i.e Suicide Solution.Sharon cant even bring herself to mention Bob or Lee in that original band let alone give them credit for their work. This is one thing that $haron Osbourne cant and wont be able to manipulate to make it look like and sell as an "Ozzy Osbourne product" she has been doing so since the first album and then taking things further with Diary- photo of touring band, nonsense druid style writing- to confuse and belittle. First you need to understand how she operates , how her mind works and what lengths she will go to, believe me when i say she was well aware of Bob`s book before it was released and made an attempt to sabotage its release.

There`s no way on earth hes going to release anything to anyone , extended clips etc, it is extremely naive to think so .But he will release the tapes publicly when they are ready-you can be sure of that.....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

I wanna know what show ,if it's not Southhampton Bob has. Could it be an earlier show?
I hope it's a clear recording (in a way,wouldn't matter as long as it's Blizzard Of Ozz featuring Ozzy Osbourne).
I know I wouldn't have to..... but,some fan's might jump to Bob's side now. Way ta' go Bob 8)
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Once the box set has shipped then the horse has bolted $$ wise. It's inevitable that they will end up on some file sharing site.
The pre-sale is the best way for Bob to maximise his income for the tapes. I don't mind paying upfront & having to wait a while for the product... Maybe Bob can include a little extra "bonus" for those who pre-order? I ordered the Alter Bridge X box set last October & it's still not out yet so I'm pretty patient for stuff I want.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote:The whole point of Bob releasing the tapes are to show how things were done... There`s no way on earth hes going to release anything to anyone , extended clips etc, it is extremely naive to think so.
Couldn't agree more!

I'd put in a pre-paid order for this.