New info on Bobs Grail tapes

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

tihsyloh

Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes

Post by tihsyloh »

Didn't Bob say that Lee would do some singing sometimes?
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

estang74 wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:
rokket wrote:There's no way Ozzy's voice is going to be edited from the tapes.....How? The original source is Cassette.....not four track cassette or reel to reel tape......they are two channel stereo cassettes, no different to what you or I would buy back in the 70's and 80's.

There's also the issue of the Osbourne's owning the original songs 'in their final arrangement', but does that mean all and any arrangement? Sure the O's own the song titles as well, but once 'Steal Away The Night' becomes, "Steal Away Early Arrangement", that's not a title copyright 'Osbourne' any longer.

Theyve been converted to a digital format so it would be possible edit out Ozzy in theory........

The O`s or simply put $haron doesn't own writing sessions of songs that were early versions of later finalized songs because they were not properly defined or finished they were riffs,melodies,developing ideas,or songs taking shape,sections that were used then changed etc that didn't have titles or just working titles, they only own the final recorded versions which were released publicly for the consumer........

$haron has no control over this one.
Doesn't matter if it's converted to digital, if it wasn't recorded with individual tracks, you can not mute anything out of the mix.

Well technically he could cut everything to high heaven and just have edited parts of just himself , spliced together so of course it would be possible to release things without Ozzy`s vocals since Osbourne isnt singing on 7 hours of the tapes converted to digital and there are large portions of just Lee, Bob and Randy jamming etc. Its quite simple, not the way you are describing though. No one was talking about muting individual tracks which wouldnt be possible as youve said.....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

tihsyloh wrote:Didn't Bob say that Lee would do some singing sometimes?

Yes especially on the Diary of a Madman sessions later on because Osbourne didnt even turn up for rehearsals for weeks so Lee was singing the main vocal parts .
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

This is the best fucking news ever!!!!!!!
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Donnie wrote:This is the best fucking news ever!!!!!!!
+1
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

To be honest the blizzard demos don't really interest me

What would sound cool is different versions of believer and tonight
I would love the demos from diary more than blizzard but at this time and age I don't really care what gets released its just nice to know bob and other people are out there and they still care about the fans.

After bob releases everything I will never ask for anything related to footage or new audio again.

This truly is the holy grail of randy related material

We're talking hours repeat HOURS of audio and demos alternate takes ect
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Nick Hughes wrote:To be honest the blizzard demos don't really interest me

To each his own I guess, but I'd LOVE to hear the writing processes for Blizzard... the very first songs written during a legendary time.
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

Here's a thought - when the tapes do finally see the light of day - is it gonna make the O$bournes eat humble pie in relation to recollection of events of how Suicide Solution & Goodbye To Romance were written/ came about as explained in the "Don't Blame Me" doco & how things were explained in the "30 Years After The Blizzard"?? Or do I have better luck winning lotto??
Basicly what Im saying is - for 30yrs now they have tried to re-write history & say the albums were done this way, blah blah blah. When the Grail sees the light of day - the evidence of Bob, Lee & Randy rehearsing, changing parts, jamming etc etc will finally show to everyone how the albums were really done. (even though the majority of fans already know) Hard for the O$bournes to keep explaining things were done "their way" when the Grail proves otherwise....
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Most people that are big Ozzy fans know the whole ordeal anyway...Realistically the people who are going to buy the grail tapes are probably 80% Randy fans/guitarist.

The people that are casual Ozzy fans that hear the tapes will just glance over the fact that he did not write anything and not care at all.
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

Gunna have to befriend Bob because I need to here the rest of that jam that he teased.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Nick Hughes wrote:To be honest the blizzard demos don't really interest me

I would love the demos from diary more than blizzard but at this time and age I don't really care what gets released its just nice to know bob and other people are out there and they still care about the fans.

After bob releases everything I will never ask for anything related to footage or new audio again.

This truly is the holy grail of randy related material

We're talking hours repeat HOURS of audio and demos alternate takes ect
You'll be happy then, because apparently the Diary sessions are fantastic..... 8)

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

barossadude wrote:Here's a thought - when the tapes do finally see the light of day - is it gonna make the O$bournes eat humble pie in relation to recollection of events of how Suicide Solution & Goodbye To Romance were written/ came about as explained in the "Don't Blame Me" doco & how things were explained in the "30 Years After The Blizzard"?? Or do I have better luck winning lotto??
Basicly what Im saying is - for 30yrs now they have tried to re-write history & say the albums were done this way, blah blah blah. When the Grail sees the light of day - the evidence of Bob, Lee & Randy rehearsing, changing parts, jamming etc etc will finally show to everyone how the albums were really done. (even though the majority of fans already know) Hard for the O$bournes to keep explaining things were done "their way" when the Grail proves otherwise....

That is exactly why Bob wants people to hear it all, it really would show that the reality of how those two albums came together is not the way the O`s have been putting about for so many years.Ozzy has said publicly that he wrote songs with one finger on a piano , and that Suicide Solution was about Bon Scott and many other tales all false of course.

chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

mojopin70 wrote:
barossadude wrote:Here's a thought - when the tapes do finally see the light of day - is it gonna make the O$bournes eat humble pie in relation to recollection of events of how Suicide Solution & Goodbye To Romance were written/ came about as explained in the "Don't Blame Me" doco & how things were explained in the "30 Years After The Blizzard"?? Or do I have better luck winning lotto??

That is exactly why Bob wants people to hear it all, it really would show that the reality of how those two albums came together is not the way the O`s have been putting about for so many years.Ozzy has said publicly that he wrote songs with one finger on a piano , and that Suicide Solution was about Bon Scott and many other tales all false of course.
I honestly no longer care who is 'right.'

All that the infighting of those in control of that sort of material has ever done for the fans is deprive us of cool Randy shit. Its almost infuriating that peeps can't even figure out a way to take my money so I can geek out over grainy one offs and 30 year old bootlegged concert stuff. Boggles the mind really.

All that's clear to me is that no one really ever has done a good job being a custodian of Randy's legacy. For that there is plenty of blame for everyone involved.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

chasmcneal wrote:I honestly no longer care who is 'right.'

All that the infighting of those in control of that sort of material has ever done for the fans is deprive us of cool Randy shit. Its almost infuriating that peeps can't even figure out a way to take my money so I can geek out over grainy one offs and 30 year old bootlegged concert stuff. Boggles the mind really.

Couldn't agree more!!
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
chasmcneal wrote:I honestly no longer care who is 'right.'

Couldn't agree more!!
Indeed! What chas mentioned above is absolutely accurate, when you think about it....and it's sad.