The girl Randy was in love with.....

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Re: The girl Randy was in love with.....

Post by mojopin70 »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:
RRfan4eveRR wrote:Although it's been documented that Randy was seeing JoJo Laine, I cannot help but think that Jodi indeed was his love. Also, he was merely 25 at the time of his passing, and I'm not so sure that a man at that young age would be ready to settle down.

Especially to try to settle down with a woman as "experienced" as JoJo was, no offense & RIP, I get the gut feeling that Randy's personality was more inclined to seek out a woman that he was completely compatible with- and maybe JoJo was like a challenge?

That's just my opinion, I just hope that Randy got to enjoy as much love & affection as he could in the short time we had him here on Earth with us.
Thats the thing though, there are always two sides to every story. Knowing what i know now its very clear that the story we were told and led to believe was not completely true. He was also deeply in love with Jo Jo Laine and thats a fact......

Didnt Jodi Raskin sleep with super fan Peter Margolis once she thought he was going to hit the big time with the documentary and book ? I heard that she was a bit of a gold digger and slept her way through a few rock musicians before she got to Randy Rhoads, i do find that interesting , there are definitely signs of wanting to entrap successful /famous men to get to the "top". She seems to fit that bill.
If that's the case, I damn sure don't know who she married or what band he belonged to.

*insert random Jewish joke here if you'd like

I don't think she dug up all that much gold, considering she was with Randy when he was 'broke' but I very well be wrong. Just as Randy could've been in love with JoJo, he obviously kept close to Jodi.
* insert random Jewish joke - Im not with you?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

I was trying to be sarcastic, I don't know where you find evidence of her "gold digging" so I thought perhaps it could be attributed to that, not that I feel or think that way. Of course not, it's politically incorrect to say anything about that.

I'm still perplexed as to how, you reached the conclusion that Randy Rhoads was in love with JoJo Laine.
I don't have a short attention span I
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

What's your strength and what's your weakness?

Great question. I've never been asked that. My weakness is insecurity. I don't go up there every night with a lot of confidence. That's a weakness. If the sound is not right, I'll get paranoid. My weakness is my sound. I rely on it 100%. I don't know how to put it, but I'm still learning about what to feel on-stage, which is probably totally different than a small level. If the sound isn't right, it could totally blow you away. My strength is that I just want to keep getting better. I want people to know me as a guitar player, like. I knew other people. My strength is my determination. I don't want to be satisfied with myself. Once you are, where are you going to go? You're gonna stay the same level. I want people to know me as a guitar player the way I knew other people. quite I've got to be honest: you asked, "What's your weakness?" My girlfriend distracts me. That's the real truth. I don't know if you should put that. Maybe you should say I get distracted easily. But if can totally blow it for me.
If the relationship is not going well, or if she says, "Come on over"?
Both. That's one thing that can take me away from my instrument, which never happened in my past.

That's a good thing, because people are better than instruments in the end.

Good, that's great, because I'll put it down for that, and I never put it down in my life for anybody. She is also my strength at the same time. I'm sorry. Let's go on.

Full interview here:
http://randy-rhoads-online.com/articles ... ndy-rhoads

I think this is the only time i have read Randy talking about his private life. Im not sure if he was talking about Jodi or Jo Jo here, but anyway, i think he said very nice things :)
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

mojopin70 wrote:
RRfan4eveRR wrote:I'm just wondering what evidence there is that Randy was in love with her, aside from a dead woman's then 8 year old daughter's recollection. No offense & RIP, however the allegation that Jodi is/was a "gold digger" doesn't substantiate a relationship, let alone Randy being giddy in love with JoJo
Yes i understand, i was always led to believe that Jodi was Randy`s love too. I was sent the interview, and as soon as i read it i realised that it must be true since i have Rudy Sarzo`s book and even though Rudy doesnt go into details ( for obvious reasons) it confirms what Heidi was saying in the interview.

Heidi- Jo Jo`s daughter is alive and well lives in London and currently has her own band she has been interviewed about her mother`s life in several publications -remember that Heidi spent her early life around people like Rod Stewart and Paul McCartney and there are photos of her as a youngster with her mother and said musicians, so why would she lie about a relatively unknown guitarist being a part of her mother`s life? It makes no sense. Of course there are many photos of Randy and Jodi he knew her years before . As for Jo Jo, Randy only met her 6 months before he died....its possible there are photos.

I will try and get some "evidence" for you though if you really need it to prove what was already common knowledge at the time, Sky was around at this time for one thing.
Ok, now it makes sense. Heidi Jo Laine is the source of this info. No it wouldn't make sense for her to lie about a relatively unknown guitarist at the time, but it doesn't necessarily indicate that Randy was to one day marry JoJo either.

I think Randy was home sick and as such, a Boston girl in England would've been the closet to home he could get to while there. I mean, I've read that JoJo took Randy's death terribly, that still doesn't indicate that Rudy Sarzo was hiding details about their relationship for any reason, other than it may not have been significant to Randy.

We weren't there, an 8 year old girl was but how enlightened was she really about Randy Rhoads? At that age, I was terribly naive about adult affairs- I guess at the end of the day, it still doesn't change a thing as to who Randy Rhoads was & what his legacy is.
I don't have a short attention span I
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:
RRfan4eveRR wrote:I'm just wondering what evidence there is that Randy was in love with her, aside from a dead woman's then 8 year old daughter's recollection. No offense & RIP, however the allegation that Jodi is/was a "gold digger" doesn't substantiate a relationship, let alone Randy being giddy in love with JoJo
Yes i understand, i was always led to believe that Jodi was Randy`s love too. I was sent the interview, and as soon as i read it i realised that it must be true since i have Rudy Sarzo`s book and even though Rudy doesnt go into details ( for obvious reasons) it confirms what Heidi was saying in the interview.

Heidi- Jo Jo`s daughter is alive and well lives in London and currently has her own band she has been interviewed about her mother`s life in several publications -remember that Heidi spent her early life around people like Rod Stewart and Paul McCartney and there are photos of her as a youngster with her mother and said musicians, so why would she lie about a relatively unknown guitarist being a part of her mother`s life? It makes no sense. Of course there are many photos of Randy and Jodi he knew her years before . As for Jo Jo, Randy only met her 6 months before he died....its possible there are photos.

I will try and get some "evidence" for you though if you really need it to prove what was already common knowledge at the time, Sky was around at this time for one thing.
Ok, now it makes sense. Heidi Jo Laine is the source of this info. No it wouldn't make sense for her to lie about a relatively unknown guitarist at the time, but it doesn't necessarily indicate that Randy was to one day marry JoJo either.

I think Randy was home sick and as such, a Boston girl in England would've been the closet to home he could get to while there. I mean, I've read that JoJo took Randy's death terribly, that still doesn't indicate that Rudy Sarzo was hiding details about their relationship for any reason, other than it may not have been significant to Randy.

We weren't there, an 8 year old girl was but how enlightened was she really about Randy Rhoads? At that age, I was terribly naive about adult affairs- I guess at the end of the day, it still doesn't change a thing as to who Randy Rhoads was & what his legacy is.
First ive always thought Randy Rhoads was a kind and gentle human being and that impresses me the most and before his talents as a musician.

Of course it doesnt change a thing, thats the point. I first heard his playing when i was about 12 . I didnt know anything about the rest of his life until i met people that were part of his life and im very grateful for that.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Randy met Jo Jo while he was with Rudy & Tommy... Bob was long gone by the time Rudy & Tommy were around... Bob never spoke to Randy after he left Ozzy's band... Tommy was the one interested in Jo Jo, Jo Jo only had eyes for Randy... Randy was a kid and a hot woman showed an interest in him... Randy followed his instincts and his heart won out... big fucking deal.

Bit more than that, Heidi has a very deep and personal letter that Randy sent her mother and only her and her mother have seen it. And i can tell you Mr Wolfe they were very much in love. So it was a big " fucking " deal to Rhoads.

JNH

Post by JNH »

Just remember that temptation comes in many forms.....and Randy was a (male) human being after all. Still not sure if what Mrs. O claims is true or not (having a sexual interlude with Randy) but if it is true fact, Randy definitely lowered his standards lol.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sharon ... encounter/
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

JNH wrote:Just remember that temptation comes in many forms.....and Randy was a (male) human being after all. Still not sure if what Mrs. O claims is true or not (having a sexual interlude with Randy) but if it is true fact, Randy definitely lowered his standards lol.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sharon ... encounter/
i heard they had been drinking quite a bit, is that correct?
I went ahead and rode the white horse
romeorose2019

Post by romeorose2019 »

It's disgusting to think of Sharon getting it on with Randy.... she was never pretty, not even when Randy was in the band. Never understood why Ozzy would want a ugly woman when he could have anyone.
If Randy banged her he really lowered th standards, if anything Sharon must have raped him, all Randys GFs were beautiful and looked nothing like Sharon.

I like the photo him sitting in his GF lap haha what they ran out of chairs lol

I said Rock lead guitar in the vein of all the 80s/early 90s stuff was dead way back when I used to post on here during the Margolis film.... well its 10 years later... and lead rock guitar is even MORE deader now...
the 70s 80s early 90s guitar heros icons guitar gods, that kind of culture and music is NEVER coming back, it'll never be as mainstream as it was back in those days.... It was dead 10 years ago, and it's even more deader now, that was worth saying twice because it's totally true.

The torch was dropped around 1994 and has never been picked up by anyone new since.