It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:21 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:45 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
Sky wrote:
rokket wrote:
Not a mention of who wrote those great Ozzy related bass lines.....what a hack.


Yeah, he got photographed collecting awards for an album he didn't play on and accepts compliments for bass lines that he didn't write... but hey, he had great dance moves. :lol:


Troy, you attacked Rudy for something which had nothing to do with the interview that this thread is about. I pointed it out because it does get old when you go into fanboy mode about Bob and how great he is. Sure he wrote great basslines and great lyrics, nobody denies that. So why attack Rudy for discussing playing for Ozzy?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:52 pm 
Madman

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:45 am
Posts: 407
'I listened to the records', is a hell of a long way from even half an acknowledgement of who's bass lines he was playing. I wonder what would happen if say Zakk Wylde (although he'd never do it) sat down with another guitarist to go through some classic RR solos, and not once mentioned his name or gave him any kind of credit or recognition? Then we'd see a 'fanboy' or two come out, I suspect Paul, you'd be one of them.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:45 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
Paul Wolfe wrote:
Sky wrote:
rokket wrote:
Not a mention of who wrote those great Ozzy related bass lines.....what a hack.


Yeah, he got photographed collecting awards for an album he didn't play on and accepts compliments for bass lines that he didn't write... but hey, he had great dance moves. :lol:


Troy, you attacked Rudy for something which had nothing to do with the interview that this thread is about. I pointed it out because it does get old when you go into fanboy mode about Bob and how great he is. Sure he wrote great basslines and great lyrics, nobody denies that. So why attack Rudy for discussing playing for Ozzy?



What planet are you on Wolfe?

Sarzo is playing bass lines and explaining the modes and keys they are written in to Frank Bello but they were written and recorded by Bob Daisley he did not once in that "interview" explain to Bello that it is not his own work and Bello is OBVIOUSLY not aware of it Sarzo has several opportunities in that video to explain when Bello clearly asks him how to play " I dont know" . I think youll find its called plagiarism.

To be fair though Bello seems thick .

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
rokket wrote:
'I listened to the records', is a hell of a long way from even half an acknowledgement of who's bass lines he was playing. I wonder what would happen if say Zakk Wylde (although he'd never do it) sat down with another guitarist to go through some classic RR solos, and not once mentioned his name or gave him any kind of credit or recognition? Then we'd see a 'fanboy' or two come out, I suspect Paul, you'd be one of them.



Exactly

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:49 am 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
Paul Wolfe wrote:
Sky wrote:
rokket wrote:
Not a mention of who wrote those great Ozzy related bass lines.....what a hack.


Yeah, he got photographed collecting awards for an album he didn't play on and accepts compliments for bass lines that he didn't write... but hey, he had great dance moves. :lol:


Troy, you attacked Rudy for something which had nothing to do with the interview that this thread is about. I pointed it out because it does get old when you go into fanboy mode about Bob and how great he is. Sure he wrote great basslines and great lyrics, nobody denies that. So why attack Rudy for discussing playing for Ozzy?


Paul, I listened to the interview, there was no mention of Bob's name anywhere and yet Sarzo discusses the music. I didn't 'attack' Sarzo, I stated facts, he's was photographed collecting an award for DOAM which helped to establish the myth that he played on that album.
Others seem to understand the point that I was trying to make, if a guitarist's career had taken off because he'd played Randy's riffs and yet he never mentioned Randy by name when discussing the music, would fans on this site think that was cool? I think not.
Furthermore, find one post where I've gone into 'fanboy mode' or ever mentioned how great Bob is... Let's keep it real.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:50 am 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 142
Location: S.F.P. of EU
Why are people so butthurt about Rudy not mentioning Bob's name? He says many times he learned the bass parts from the records and his session with Randy after he landed the job. And he also says he had to change the parts to fit in with Tommy's playing meaning his playing wasn't exactly the same as Bob's.

Rudy never suggested he played on those records and I'm sure Bello knows that without saying but is interested in his licks knowing he was in Ozzy's touring band back in the day. To me it sounds what it really was- two bass players talking about bass playing. Get over it if they don't credit the songwriters in their discussion.



Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:25 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
Sky wrote:
Paul, I listened to the interview, there was no mention of Bob's name anywhere and yet Sarzo discusses the music. I didn't 'attack' Sarzo, I stated facts, he's was photographed collecting an award for DOAM which helped to establish the myth that he played on that album.


But did Rudy do that intentionally to promote the myth or did Sharon require him to do it to promote the myth?

Sky wrote:
Others seem to understand the point that I was trying to make, if a guitarist's career had taken off because he'd played Randy's riffs and yet he never mentioned Randy by name when discussing the music, would fans on this site think that was cool? I think not.


I got your point... I just think it's odd that every chance you get you promote Bob, like there is some group of people hear who don't recognize his contribution to the music we love.

Sky wrote:
Furthermore, find one post where I've gone into 'fanboy mode' or ever mentioned how great Bob is... Let's keep it real.


To me, "fanboy mode" is when a person can take any topic and revert it to the person they are a fan of. You do that all the time with Bob. As for discussing how great he is, that goes hand in hand with bringing up his name every chance you get, in my opinion.

It's my opinion, Troy, and I'm just as entitled to speak my opinion as you are. All I was saying is that you got upset because Rudy didn't mention who wrote the songs... he didn't mention Randy writing the songs either! He simply discussed playing the fucking parts. When he got to the discussion of Geezer Butler he didn't say, "Geezer wrote some damn goo bass lines"... he said Geezer was a great player and the parts were great.

Let's just agree to disagree and be done with it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:15 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 3599
Location: Gotham City
Isodee wrote:
Why are people so butthurt about Rudy not mentioning Bob's name? He says many times he learned the bass parts from the records and his session with Randy after he landed the job. And he also says he had to change the parts to fit in with Tommy's playing meaning his playing wasn't exactly the same as Bob's.

Rudy never suggested he played on those records and I'm sure Bello knows that without saying
+1
(and I think Rudy expected him to know this as well)

_________________
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:17 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
Paul Wolfe wrote:
It's my opinion, Troy, and I'm just as entitled to speak my opinion as you are. All I was saying is that you got upset because Rudy didn't mention who wrote the songs... he didn't mention Randy writing the songs either! He simply discussed playing the fucking parts. When he got to the discussion of Geezer Butler he didn't say, "Geezer wrote some damn goo bass lines"... he said Geezer was a great player and the parts were great.

Let's just agree to disagree and be done with it.


Too late, burnt your bridges .

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Last edited by mojopin70 on Thu May 29, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:20 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Isodee wrote:
Why are people so butthurt about Rudy not mentioning Bob's name? He says many times he learned the bass parts from the records and his session with Randy after he landed the job. And he also says he had to change the parts to fit in with Tommy's playing meaning his playing wasn't exactly the same as Bob's.

Rudy never suggested he played on those records and I'm sure Bello knows that without saying
+1
(and I think Rudy expected him to know this as well)



Well consider this , once when Bob was sat by Sarzo a fan approached him and thanked him for his work on Diary of a Madman Sarzo shook his hand while Bob sat there watching......

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:31 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 142
Location: S.F.P. of EU
mojopin70 wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Isodee wrote:
Why are people so butthurt about Rudy not mentioning Bob's name? He says many times he learned the bass parts from the records and his session with Randy after he landed the job. And he also says he had to change the parts to fit in with Tommy's playing meaning his playing wasn't exactly the same as Bob's.

Rudy never suggested he played on those records and I'm sure Bello knows that without saying
+1
(and I think Rudy expected him to know this as well)



Well consider this , once when Bob was sat by Sarzo a fan approached him and thanked him for his work on Diary of a Madman Sarzo shook his hand while Bob sat there watching......


That was Mike Inez on No More Tears. Get your facts straight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:52 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
mojopin70 wrote:
Well consider this , once when Bob was sat by Sarzo a fan approached him and thanked him for his work on Diary of a Madman Sarzo shook his hand while Bob sat there watching......


Isodee wrote:
That was Mike Inez on No More Tears. Get your facts straight.


No it wasnt it was Bob Daisley, Rudy Sarzo and the recording in question was Diary of a Madman and it was also mentioned in his book.Get your facts straight.

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:02 pm 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
Paul Wolfe wrote:
Sky wrote:
Paul, I listened to the interview, there was no mention of Bob's name anywhere and yet Sarzo discusses the music. I didn't 'attack' Sarzo, I stated facts, he's was photographed collecting an award for DOAM which helped to establish the myth that he played on that album.


But did Rudy do that intentionally to promote the myth or did Sharon require him to do it to promote the myth?

Sky wrote:
Others seem to understand the point that I was trying to make, if a guitarist's career had taken off because he'd played Randy's riffs and yet he never mentioned Randy by name when discussing the music, would fans on this site think that was cool? I think not.


I got your point... I just think it's odd that every chance you get you promote Bob, like there is some group of people hear who don't recognize his contribution to the music we love.

Sky wrote:
Furthermore, find one post where I've gone into 'fanboy mode' or ever mentioned how great Bob is... Let's keep it real.


To me, "fanboy mode" is when a person can take any topic and revert it to the person they are a fan of. You do that all the time with Bob. As for discussing how great he is, that goes hand in hand with bringing up his name every chance you get, in my opinion.

It's my opinion, Troy, and I'm just as entitled to speak my opinion as you are. All I was saying is that you got upset because Rudy didn't mention who wrote the songs... he didn't mention Randy writing the songs either! He simply discussed playing the fucking parts. When he got to the discussion of Geezer Butler he didn't say, "Geezer wrote some damn goo bass lines"... he said Geezer was a great player and the parts were great.

Let's just agree to disagree and be done with it.


The last time I tried to respond to someone's criticisms of me the posts were deleted so I've no idea if Shred got to see my reply to his questions or if you will get to see this but here goes....
Firstly Paul, I'm not in the least bit upset by anything that you've said, but I question your objectivity when it comes to my posts. Was I the person who 'reverted the topic' to Bob? Look at the thread, 2 people gave their opinions about Bob's name not being mentioned in that interview and then I chipped in with my two cents worth because I agreed with Mojo and Rokket.
You accused me of attacking Sarzo, I didn't, I merely stated my opinion, as you've declared that you've a right to do.
As for promoting Bob every chance that I get... Really? Have I ever posted links to his interviews?... Even his interviews with me? No.
Have I ever advertised his book? No. Unlike you Paul, I've never started a thread to promote any book or individual, I've only responded to what's been said by others in all of the threads that I've ever contributed to on UR.
Of course Sharon was responsible for the DOAM album sleeve crediting Sarzo for bass and Tommy Aldrige for drums... Tommy Aldridge wasn't photographed collecting an award for DOAM, Rudy Sarzo was, and yes in my opinion that helped to establish the myth that Sarzo played on DOAM... A myth that some people still believe.
You're not a performer Paul, so maybe you can't see why some of us had a problem with that at the time, and maybe some of us have a problem with the fact that we've never seen any interview with Sarzo where he's given credit to Bob Daisley. Once again, I'm stating my opinion based on my observations and whether you or anyone else agrees with my point of view is irrelevant... This is after all a forum.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:09 pm 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
Quote:
That was Mike Inez on No More Tears. Get your facts straight.


Get your facts straight. It was Rudy Sarzo at Le Belage on the 26th of February 1985.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:33 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 142
Location: S.F.P. of EU
Sky wrote:
Quote:
That was Mike Inez on No More Tears. Get your facts straight.

Get your facts straight. It was Rudy Sarzo at Le Belage on the 26th of February 1985.

My mistake, sorry.

But you guys are way too serious about the video. Maybe Bob should sue Rudy for not giving him the credit he deserves on it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net