Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sky
Madman

Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy

Post by Sky »

Isodee wrote:
Sky wrote:
That was Mike Inez on No More Tears. Get your facts straight.
Get your facts straight. It was Rudy Sarzo at Le Belage on the 26th of February 1985.
My mistake, sorry.

But you guys are way too serious about the video. Maybe Bob should sue Rudy for not giving him the credit he deserves on it?
The trouble with the written word is that it seems far more serious than it should. It's a question of principle for some of us, nothing more. Someone on this forum might know of an interview where Rudy does give credit where credit is due... I live in hope:-)
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sky wrote:I'm stating my opinion based on my observations and whether you or anyone else agrees with my point of view is irrelevant... This is after all a forum.
It's all good, Troy. I shouldn't have singled you out regarding my observations of this particular interview. You're right, you didn't start the discussion of Bob. I should have made my comments without directing them towards anyone in particular.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah,Rudy himself has stated Clearly in his book ,as well as Dozens of times over the years....He said how Ozz thanked him for supporting the recordect..ect.. when they had the Platinum awards after theMSG show...That was part of the gig,the albums were recorded,& its hard to say/determine between Sharon/Don & DavidArden & Jet Records....But in bringing Ozzy to America she was pushing OZZY not Blizzard of Ozz (band) Bob & Lee had been thru it before & knew what they were entitled to & Sharon wanted a "New Younger" Image for Ozzy in the states..........But I give Rudy NO FLACK for his contributions.....He has always been honest IMHO about that whole situation
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Rudy is a solid guy..a working musician that took a job playing bass lines written by somebody else.and after 30 years im pretty sure hes a little tired of having to explain the situation..this is probably one of the times..
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

ok i listened to the whole video.at 6:26 he clearly states he learned the lines from the records and it was an adaptation on his part the way he played the original parts live.frank obviously knows he didnt write or perform on either record.i really like the way frank is asking a seasoned player how to better himself as a musician.and by the way i had no idea frank was such a good player!!i had to watch the entire video to be sure i wasnt talking out of the side of my ass before my earlier post..so for me rudy didnt in any way try to act like he was the originator, just relaying what he did after he got the gig.he learned the parts bob wrote and went from there thats all.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Tito wrote:ok i listened to the whole video.at 6:26 he clearly states he learned the lines from the records and it was an adaptation on his part the way he played the original parts live.frank obviously knows he didnt write or perform on either record.i really like the way frank is asking a seasoned player how to better himself as a musician.and by the way i had no idea frank was such a good player!!i had to watch the entire video to be sure i wasnt talking out of the side of my ass before my earlier post..so for me rudy didnt in any way try to act like he was the originator, just relaying what he did after he got the gig.he learned the parts bob wrote and went from there thats all.

Exactly people here act like Rudy is taking credit for what bob did

All Rudy is taken credit for is his performances on the live shows

Stop making Rudy out to bad a bad guy
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Tito wrote:Rudy is a solid guy..a working musician that took a job playing bass lines written by somebody else.and after 30 years im pretty sure hes a little tired of having to explain the situation..this is probably one of the times..
But that's just it Tito, in over 30 years I've never seen an interview where Rudy Sarzo mentions that Bob Daisley wrote the parts and played on DOAM. Maybe someone will enlighten me.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Sky wrote: in over 30 years I've never seen an interview where Rudy Sarzo mentions that Bob Daisley wrote the parts and played on DOAM. Maybe someone will enlighten me.
Here you go:
Rudy Sarzo wrote:Bob Daisley = Awesome bass player. I had the time of my life playing his bass lines live, because of course he recorded "Blizzard Of Ozz" and "Diary Of A Madman". "Diary Of A Madman" was in the can before Tommy Aldridge and I joined the band, so we first joined the band tour in ’81 for Blizzard, we went out there, then we took a break, then we went to Europe and started the "Diary Of A Madman" tour. And let me tell you, his basslines are world-class. So as a recording artist I definitely give him a 10.
(from: 20 Questions With Rudy Sarzo, 7/31/01 )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Sky wrote: in over 30 years I've never seen an interview where Rudy Sarzo mentions that Bob Daisley wrote the parts and played on DOAM. Maybe someone will enlighten me.
Here you go:
Rudy Sarzo wrote:Bob Daisley = Awesome bass player. I had the time of my life playing his bass lines live, because of course he recorded "Blizzard Of Ozz" and "Diary Of A Madman". "Diary Of A Madman" was in the can before Tommy Aldridge and I joined the band, so we first joined the band tour in ’81 for Blizzard, we went out there, then we took a break, then we went to Europe and started the "Diary Of A Madman" tour. And let me tell you, his basslines are world-class. So as a recording artist I definitely give him a 10.
(from: 20 Questions With Rudy Sarzo, 7/31/01 )
Much appreciated! Thank you... :)
The Flying Dutchman

Sky wrote:Much appreciated! Thank you... :)
:)
Rudy and Bob should phone each other...
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Sky wrote:I'm stating my opinion based on my observations and whether you or anyone else agrees with my point of view is irrelevant... This is after all a forum.
It's all good, Troy. I shouldn't have singled you out regarding my observations of this particular interview. You're right, you didn't start the discussion of Bob. I should have made my comments without directing them towards anyone in particular.

You need to wake up.You have no control over what people think, say or do .
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Sky wrote:Much appreciated! Thank you... :)
:)
Rudy and Bob should phone each other...
I think if Rudy Sarzo wanted to express what he has said and really felt he needed to clear the air , he should've phoned Bob years ago as far as i am aware this has never happened. He is afraid of doing so because he knows it would get back to the Osbournes and they would wipe him off their christmas list in a shot.( He`s received many gifts from the Osbourne empire in the past)

Consider this : When Bob and Lee were fired by Sharon, Randy called Bob and said he was against it, and had nothing to do with it and they remained friends.That is the sign of a real man.

Randy refused Sharon`s offer to manage him , and he went to Bob and Lee and told them so. Now Rudy Sarzo has been sat on the fence for so long he has spike marks in his backside and he is very afraid of coming off that fence.

Thinking about it , its funny how free gifts can influence someone`s loyalty , isnt that right Mr Wolfe?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
The Flying Dutchman

mojopin70 wrote:I think if Rudy Sarzo wanted to express what he has said and really felt he needed to clear the air , he should've phoned Bob years ago as far as i am aware this has never happened. He is afraid of doing so because he knows it would get back to the Osbournes and they would wipe him off their christmas list in a shot.( He`s received many gifts from the Osbourne empire in the past)

Consider this : When Bob and Lee were fired by Sharon, Randy called Bob and said he was against it, and had nothing to do with it and they remained friends.That is the sign of a real man.

Randy refused Sharon`s offer to manage him , and he went to Bob and Lee and told them so. Now Rudy Sarzo has been sat on the fence for so long he has spike marks in his backside and he is very afraid of coming off that fence.

Thinking about it , its funny how free gifts can influence someone`s loyalty , isnt that right Mr Wolfe?
Randy and Bob were two buddies already. So I can understand Randy phoned Bob. However I don't think Rudy ever met Bob when he joined Ozzy? So why should he called Bob? To apology for filling in? Also lets not forget Rudy himself left Ozzy since it wasn't much fun anymore without Randy. I don't think he expected any christmas gifts then? And Rudy never returned to Ozzy either. He could have stayed for the $$$ after Randy was gone but he didn't. Rudy pretty much always stayed a gentleman, he rarely speaks bad rap in interviews about other people. Not even about Kevin Dubrow! Who in the end of his life pretty much gave him the shaft. I don't think free gifts are influencing Rudy at all.

Too bad he and Bob doesn't seem to get along. I'm not going into who should phone who first. I only wish they did.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Randy and Bob were two buddies already. So I can understand Randy phoned Bob. However I don't think Rudy ever met Bob when he joined Ozzy? So why should he called Bob? To apology for filling in? Also lets not forget Rudy himself left Ozzy since it wasn't much fun anymore without Randy. I don't think he expected any christmas gifts then? And Rudy never returned to Ozzy either. He could have stayed for the $$$ after Randy was gone but he didn't. Rudy pretty much always stayed a gentleman, he rarely speaks bad rap in interviews about other people. Not even about Kevin Dubrow! Who in the end of his life pretty much gave him the shaft. I don't think free gifts are influencing Rudy at all.

Too bad he and Bob doesn't seem to get along. I'm not going into who should phone who first. I only wish they did.
At this point I'm confused. I may be wrong but to the best of my knowledge Rudy Sarzo and Bob Daisley only met briefly on one occasion in 1985 so why would they phone each other? They live in different countries and they've hardly spoken to each other, but why do you think that they don't get along?
The Flying Dutchman

Sky wrote:At this point I'm confused. I may be wrong but to the best of my knowledge Rudy Sarzo and Bob Daisley only met briefly on one occasion in 1985 so why would they phone each other? They live in different countries and they've hardly spoken to each other, but why do you think that they don't get along?
That's a feeling I got from reading interviews from both. Hope I'm wrong! Bob seemed to be a bit bitter when he spoke about Rudy. You think they are on good terms?