Diary of a Madman inspiration with click track in 7/4 time..

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Diary of a Madman inspiration with click track in 7/4 time..

Post by mojopin70 »

Maybe for thoses who arent sure , here is a further comparison with a click track the only difference being tempo and key. The note sequence is almost the same

Randy probably tapped out the time signature watching british tv on a cold night , remember his knowledge of music theory , time signatures etc was excellent and this wouldve got his attention and he probably thought it would be a good idea to use in a song...... well it was...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hznJmv ... e=youtu.be
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Re: Diary of a Madman inspiration with click track in 7/4 ti

Post by mojopin70 »

And here they are at the same tempo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN-1MJo ... e=youtu.be
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Damn mojo you got some good ass fuckin ears bro!!!!took me a min to catch it but i hear it!!!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Tito wrote:Damn mojo you got some good ass fuckin ears bro!!!!took me a min to catch it but i hear it!!!
Tito this has been bugging me for ages dude! I would put money on this being the theme tune /documentary Randy was

referring to as his inspiration...

Look at this clip it was first shown in the uk in 1973 and was shown throughout the `70s Randy was in the uk from 1979-81 at different times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWgwd3NQh5w

This is what Randy said " one night while we were all in England writing for the second album this documentary about the holocaust came on the tv.It had this melancholic soundtrack with an odd motif running through it.Thats how i got the inspiration to write `Diary of a Madman`"

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I remember this series on TV which would of been on about the same time. This was called Holocaust and it has a classical piece as the intro music. The theme tune for 'World at War' is a lot more dramatic and moving but is a docu about War and could be mistaking for this programme. Check it out and make your own mind up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnoDIlc3Upo
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

No thats not correct, it did cover the genocide /holocaust in episode 20 .Thats why it was called "The World at War" the clue is in the title.

Episode 20 "Genocide (1941–1945)"

Begins with the founding of the S.S. and follows the development of Nazi racial theory. It ends with the implementation of the Final Solution.

The World at War theme ticks all the boxes in terms of what Randy describes a documentary, melancholic soundtrack,odd time signature( the same time signature they used in Diary 7/4) .The link you posted was from a series not a documentary and isnt particularly melancholic or even that interesting . :?