Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Post by Paul Wolfe »

If it happens, it happens. If not, well, how can you miss what you never had? If nothing else, you brought a little life to this place for a time...
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

This isn't necessarily directed to the OP but I think anyone who has a lead like this needs to get stills of the footage. That would alleviate alot of questions.

Like Paul said at least you brought a little excitement to the boards.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
Tito wrote:Lra just so you know my negative posts were never meant toward you at all.it was for whoever is saying to you they have this tape.theres alot of red tape involving anything live ozzy/randy related.so him/her saying theyre going to transfer beta to digital and post to youtube is asking for deep shit.i will tell you thank you very much for trying and keeping everybody updated..peace.
Well then I owe you an apology. I completely mistook your comments as you taking a disliking to me. I'm sorry for what I said to you. And yes I totally agree they are asking for trouble when making unbacked claims like that. Crazy as they sound I couldn't let myself ignore that lead haha, I was driven by the "what if this is the one!" mentality. Maybe I'm just gullible but I think it's always worth it to look into it. Low risk high gain to investigate.

Still haven't heard anything back, normally has taken him 24+ hours for him to respond to me though. I will check my messages first thing tomorrow to see.
Knowing that he is busy, I would not bug him again at least for a week. Nothing wrong with letting him know you are excited and that you cannot help your self. And of coarse always thank him for his time.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

dannyahansen wrote:
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
Tito wrote:Lra just so you know my negative posts were never meant toward you at all.it was for whoever is saying to you they have this tape.theres alot of red tape involving anything live ozzy/randy related.so him/her saying theyre going to transfer beta to digital and post to youtube is asking for deep shit.i will tell you thank you very much for trying and keeping everybody updated..peace.
Well then I owe you an apology. I completely mistook your comments as you taking a disliking to me. I'm sorry for what I said to you. And yes I totally agree they are asking for trouble when making unbacked claims like that. Crazy as they sound I couldn't let myself ignore that lead haha, I was driven by the "what if this is the one!" mentality. Maybe I'm just gullible but I think it's always worth it to look into it. Low risk high gain to investigate.

Still haven't heard anything back, normally has taken him 24+ hours for him to respond to me though. I will check my messages first thing tomorrow to see.
Knowing that he is busy, I would not bug him again at least for a week. Nothing wrong with letting him know you are excited and that you cannot help your self. And of coarse always thank him for his time.

I agree, but if i was in his shoes i would be doing the same contacting him. If the guy said he was going to have it up in a couple days, then again a week later says its going to be a couple days then we still don't have it. So we are on week 3 of the chase, if he doesn't want to be contacted about it anymore then he should stop leading him on like the release is imminent each time. If he seems cool every time he is emailed then screw it, email every week until you notice the slightest hint of him get irritated, then stop. But from everything LRA has said the guy seems pretty laid back.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Didn't the first Betamax camcorder come out in 1983?
http://www.rewindmuseum.com/vintagecamcorder.htm
="Remedylane" Unless it was somehow transferred to beta sometime after beta came out??
Maybe I should've said that apparently the first consumer camcorder came out in 1983. There were Betamax video tapes and recorders before then, watching movies at home was very new and being able to easily shoot your own home-movie came later. Even if it were possible for some guy to film a show on Super 8 from the side of a stage unnoticed (which I seriously doubt) why would he transfer the film onto Betamax which went out of fashion so quickly?
This is only a quote from Wiki (which I know gets things wrong at times) but can anyone find info to contradict this? If so, the claims of someone having a tape of a show with Randy that was shot by a roadie might be credible, but I personally doubt his story.

In 1982, Sony released the Betacam system. A key component was a single camera-recorder unit, eliminating a cable between the camera and recorder and increasing the camera operator's freedom. The Betacam used the same cassette format (0.5 inches or 1.3 centimetres tape) as the Betamax (but with a different, incompatible recording format), and became standard equipment for broadcast news and in-studio video editing.
Sony released the first consumer camcorder in 1983. The Betamovie BMC-100P used a Betamax cassette and rested on the operator's shoulder, due to a design not permitting a single-handed grip. That year, JVC released the first VHS-C camcorder. Sony introduced its compact Video8 format in 1985.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

I'm getting a bad vibe that this will be another let down. :( Like the old saying and what orion_damage said.....pic's or it never happened.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Why a let down? Just don't let yourself get hyped up for it. At this point, I will never get my hopes up for a video to come out. Until it exists, it doesn't exist. No need to get excited for anything. Hopefully it works out. If not, that's really what I'm expecting anyways
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

LRA, was this the same guy that posted over at the Ultimate Metal forum about 2-3 years ago stating that his uncle had a bunch of shows and one of them was with Randy/Ozzy outside playing? He posted that he had found these shows in his uncles attic or whatnot and was asking his wife about getting them from her after he had passed away.

I noticed you also posted on his thread as I did asking about it, but he never responded to any of us. Wonder if it's the same guy...
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Also are there any updates on this or should we just put a "bust" on it?
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

orion_damage wrote:Also are there any updates on this or should we just put a "bust" on it?
I'm going with bust. Like every other bit of speculated footage,it will never appear. I'm moving on. :(

I will give creds for trying though. 8)
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

I have not gotten any new response from the guy regarding any process of the conversion. I'm just as disappointed/pissed as you all probably are. I genuinely believed what that asshole said to me and I am sorry to everyone who got their hopes up. I should know by now that this stuff does not happen. Again, I am very sorry i wasted you all's time. I hope one day that someone's efforts pay off. It's just not gonna be mine this time around. I'd be amazed if I even hear anything from him let alone he actually has the footage and there was some major blockade to it being published. I hope you guys aren't too upset with me, although I have no excuses if you are. It is what it is and again I'm just sorry that it turned out this way.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Don't be sorry. A for effort!
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

camdenlp wrote:Don't be sorry. A for effort!
+1
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Appreciate the effort.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Did you ever try emailing him back again since the last time you replied here a few weeks ago? I believe you said you didn't want to bug him to much, did you try again since then?