Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Post by Shockwave »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:As far as quality of the video and audio I have no clue. He mentioned his uncle owned a recording venue out in PHilly so they filmed all kinds of shows out there so I would imagine the quality must be decent and the seats they had must've been good if they're going to spend all that time and money to film but I could be way off. He almost had 2 concerts which is amazing. A shame the Diary show he had was cancelled... But blizzard is still blizzard! If the spotlight solo is in the at good quality and a good view I may just die and go to heaven. I'm getting more and more excited about this as the time draws closer. Not to mention if this turns out to be some grail or treasure like film then Mrs. O is gonna be pretty upset she didn't know about it :lol:
So we are thinking its a Phily show then?

According to the tour date list the show below is the only Philly show which is the 4th show of the U.S leg of the tour, and also there 4th show with Tommy/Rudy. Of course i have to find something to complain about and that is i wish it was from July 81 later when Randy was really on fire :)

April 25th - Tower Theater, Philadelphia, PA

Does this guy even know what he has? I think you said he had a dedicated Randy Rhoads page on youtube (which i spent about 2 hours trying to find last night lol) just to see what was on it.

He obviously knows whats out there already, but maybe thought it was no big deal and never thought to release it all these years.
Last edited by Shockwave on Wed May 27, 2015 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Shockwave wrote:
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:As far as quality of the video and audio I have no clue. He mentioned his uncle owned a recording venue out in PHilly so they filmed all kinds of shows out there so I would imagine the quality must be decent and the seats they had must've been good if they're going to spend all that time and money to film but I could be way off. He almost had 2 concerts which is amazing. A shame the Diary show he had was cancelled... But blizzard is still blizzard! If the spotlight solo is in the at good quality and a good view I may just die and go to heaven. I'm getting more and more excited about this as the time draws closer. Not to mention if this turns out to be some grail or treasure like film then Mrs. O is gonna be pretty upset she didn't know about it :lol:
So we are thinking its a Phily show then?

According to the tour date list the show below is the only Philly show which is the 4th show of the U.S leg of the tour, and also there 4th show with Tommy/Rudy. Of course i have to find something to complain about and that is i wish it was from July 81 later when Randy was really on fire :)

April 25th - Tower Theater, Philadelphia, PA

Does this guy even know what he has? I think you said he had a dedicated Randy Rhoads page on youtube (which i spent about 2 hours trying to find last night lol) just to see what was on it.

He obviously knows whats out there already, but maybe thought it was no big deal and never thought to release it all these years.
Yeah man I was a little nervous about making it seem like a big deal so that he wouldn't change his mind and try and cash in on it which would take god knows how long. But his mind hasn't seemed to change, he is very adamant on making it free and easily accessible to people which is very kind of him because he could make a pretty penny if he wanted to, I'm not sure if he knows to what extent he could however...
I went ahead and rode the white horse
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Not to piss on the parade but i honestly think this guy is blowing smoke out of his ass. If you have it show it to us, if you don't shut the fuck up. I have seen guys like this too many times and they dangle carrots to be what...the centre of attraction. It's took him how long to present this ??? ... Dream on suckers!!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Not to piss on the parade but i honestly think this guy is blowing smoke out of his ass. If you have it show it to us, if you don't shut the fuck up. I have seen guys like this too many times and they dangle carrots to be what...the centre of attraction. It's took him how long to present this ??? ... Dream on suckers!!

So what? If it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen. Not like I'm going to get all depressed about it like seemingly you have at one point or another. I'll be over it in 30 seconds and looking forward to the next rumor.

We have all seen the same "carrots" dangled as you have over the years, you just get upset about for some reason or another.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Not to piss on the parade but i honestly think this guy is blowing smoke out of his ass. If you have it show it to us, if you don't shut the fuck up. I have seen guys like this too many times and they dangle carrots to be what...the center of attraction. It's took him how long to present this ??? ... Dream on suckers!!

That question can be taken into two lights. Yours; which is in the light of skepticism. The second being in the light of possible proof. I mean, LongRhoadsAhead would need to clarify this, but hasn't this story been cold for a good bit? Maybe the idea of him reaching out to the OP after so long gives a possibility of proof.

Either way the OP's efforts are appreciated and that needs to be known. Otherwise a site that already has a minimum amount of activity will further cease of activities when what efforts are left are left without worth.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

I look at it this way.. We all know there is video out there. Sure, we have had carrots dangled in front of us for years. But one of these days one of those carrots is going to turn out to be real. Maybe not this time, might be 10 years from now. But eventually it will happen. I applaud anyone efforts in trying to get that carrot for us. Its kinda like the boy that cried wolf.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

There's really only a few options here...

1. LongRhoadsAhead trolled us a year ago and figured he would come back a year later almost to the day from the last post and revive the thread and troll some more - possible but I think very unlikely.

2. The guy was screwing with LRA but then out of nowhere a year later decides to email him and screw with him some more? - the first part sounds legit but then the fact he waits a year to contact someone again conpletely reverses that and makes it pretty believable that he may have something. To go even farther he says he has converted it already and it will be out this week on YouTube. It's either going to happen or there will be some excuse like "I spilled my water on it and it is now destroyed"

3. It's Romeo Rose screwing with all of us since he did have a lot of RR stuff on his channel, who knows he could have created another channel years ago just with randy stuff under a different name.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

I don't even know why people would still bother to troll RR fans anymore. Im kinda like you, sure im hopeful for footage, but if it turns out to be BS, im over it in 30 seconds. Kinda of the mentality you have to have when it comes to RR related film.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

I'll clarify as much as I can. I haven't been given any physical proof (screenshots, short teasers). Also, I have been a RR fan since the age of 9 and have been disappointed and I know I cannot prove this but I would never do that to anyone on here. I always get optimistic when I hear of a "carrot" because like he said, a carrot can always turn out legitimate. My main reason for believing the man is that he is not making it seem like a big deal, it is as if he views it as just some old film a few people would like to see. I really don't think he truly knows what he has. As for him contacting me a year later and almost to the day, (I wouldn't have made that connection without you shock lol) that is a bit odd BUT he did say he did not know where it was and hasn't seen it for years which furthers adds evidence to my theory that he doesn't know what he has because if he did, that certainly would not be lost! And it also accounts for why his memory was foggy on whether it be a betamax or 8mm. Either way I want you all to know I am trying and I'm not trolling anyone. If trolling is going on, I'm the one being trolled but like I've said I do not believe I am, but if I am I will take full responsibility for you all being let down, which may get me ran off the forum, because then, Tito would actually have a reason to be a jack ass to me :mrgreen:

But all in all, we will know pretty soon if i was trolled or if i discovered a treasure. We just have to wait and see. I'm optimistic. I hope I cleared up all that you wanted to know from me
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote: I will take full responsibility for you all being let down, which may get me ran off the forum

Dude if it's a bust it won't be a big deal. The action here can be so slow and uneventful that when a rumor pops up I appreciate the bump in activity.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's all the under wraps keeping it secret, i followed a lead up and in the space of a week i had the HMH vid i posted up here. it's the waiting a year and then it rears its head again. FFS either get with the programme or move on. Good luck tothe guy and if it appears cut me a slice of humble pie... I never went on the all out shitting meself on the copyright, the vids been on youtube for over a year now and its had plenty hits. When its sold on for profit thats when it gets ugly and the O's and law suits come to haunt you etc...
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It's all the under wraps keeping it secret, i followed a lead up and in the space of a week i had the HMH vid i posted up here. it's the waiting a year and then it rears its head again. FFS either get with the programme or move on. Good luck tothe guy and if it appears cut me a slice of humble pie... I never went on the all out shitting meself on the copyright, the vids been on youtube for over a year now and its had plenty hits. When its sold on for profit thats when it gets ugly and the O's and law suits come to haunt you etc...
I understand the skepticism Idol, but I believe the circumstances of your lead and mine are different. But nonetheless, your actions are appreciated and you made people very happy with your discovery and i would love for me to be the next guy to do something big for the community of RR fans. We will know soon if I wasted my time or not.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Yep, we all know the footage is out there. I still believe the Osbournes have more than they claim. Can't answer why it isn't out. And yes, it is for sure plausible for good quality bootlegs videos to be out there. Stuff gets misplaced and forgotten about over time. Remember, not everyone is as Randy crazy as we are. I am not AC/DC crazy. So if a lost film of them pops up, I could care less. Lots of factors. Nothing wrong with chasing a promising lead in hopes of it panning out. I don't think LongRhoads is trolling us. If anyone is being trolled its him. But as others have pointed out, why would someone troll him, then cease contact and pop up a year later? And as I stated, the hardcore RR fans have been trolled and teased sooooo many times over the years that it hardly has any effect anymore. Sure, we get our hopes up, but if it doesn't pan out, we are over it 30 seconds later. And then you have the hardcore RR fans that doubt EVERYTHING!! If someone wanted to merely troll, they would have more success trolling fans of other bands/musicians. Here to hoping the proverbial carrot has orange at the end of it!

Matt
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

I've wondered about this "golden carrot" for a while now, figured that since there has been no update in a long time I figured that it was a bust. LongRhoadsAhead.. if you have actually hunted down unseen Randy footage, and it gets uploaded to youtube, you deserve many beers on the house from Randy fans everywhere... Fingers are crossed.

Many people talk about why there is no activity here anymore, well personally I come here for 1 reason. To find out if there is any new video or audio being released or leaked.. I have no interest if Randy Rhoads preferred scrambled eggs or fried.
I will shit a brick if footage is uploaded this week.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Astral Plane wrote:I've wondered about this "golden carrot" for a while now, figured that since there has been no update in a long time I figured that it was a bust. LongRhoadsAhead.. if you have actually hunted down unseen Randy footage, and it gets uploaded to youtube, you deserve many beers on the house from Randy fans everywhere... Fingers are crossed.

Many people talk about why there is no activity here anymore, well personally I come here for 1 reason. To find out if there is any new video or audio being released or leaked.. I have no interest if Randy Rhoads preferred scrambled eggs or fried.
I will shit a brick if footage is uploaded this week.

When I first joined it was a bit more active. I posted quite a bit at first. Then slowly tapered off. I would always check in once a month or so and see what was new. I think the biggest issue with low activity is that there is only so much Randy related stuff you can talk about. We all pretty much know EVERYTHING. I know there are other categories on here, but people rarely post in them. Its like talk about Randy or nothing.