Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Post by Shockwave »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:Well it's been a long time, and I had given up hope that he is telling the truth but a few days ago i received an email from the guy saying that he successfully found and had the video converted to DVD and now he is waiting on his digital copy (took longer because of memorial day holiday) which will be on youtube sometime this week. I hope I am not/have not been lied to but I choose to remain optimistic that good things will come of this. He says there is 1 hour 45 minutes of video if i understood his words correctly. If he turns out to be lying, please don't shoot the messenger (me) I am just trying to help get something new for us and the RR community. Let's hope this goes well!

wow...its definitely a good sign that he contacted you after all this time. And its even better that he seems to be uploading it to you tube. Word of advice just in case the video gets pulled for whatever reasons. The 105 minutes is kind of confusing unless the guy taped the opening act also, who was that on the diary tour and was there even an opening act?? If there was it would be interesting to see if we could find out how long there average set list was compared to Ozzy's for the shows and maybe the two will add up to roughly 105min.

ALso, get a you tube video down loader extension for your Chrome or Firefox browsers and download it immediately just in case! I wish i would have done that with the Romeo Rose audio a few years ago where he recorded his conversation with the cop that was on the scene of the crash.
Oh I plan to download as soon as it is up (if it is up). But it isn't a diary show. HE brought his diary show and it was blank because ozz canceled that night. It was in Philly. But he found and brought his blizzard tour tape and that is what had almost 2 hours of footage. As soon as i get the notification that it is uploaded I will come back to this thread and give his youtube channel name so that you and everyone else can get it. I will download it before I even watch it just to be safe. If it gets removed I will see about how I can get copies of my download to anyone here that wants one. But I doubt it will get pulled since rosemont and palladium never did?

awesome, either way its all good. It would be unreal if that 2hrs is just the Ozzy band, pre-show, show, and post show video. That would be the ultimate!

His 8mm camera though has those 3 minute reels most likely though right? That comes out to like 35 reels..and then the minute or two in-between changes, so his video probably actually spans over 2 1/2 hrs in 3 minute increments.

Dam, now im going to be checking this site every few hours...
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

It turned out to be on a beta max instead of a 8mm. Don't get excited until midweek! That's when it will be on if it is legitimate.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz..
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:It turned out to be on a beta max instead of a 8mm. Don't get excited until midweek! That's when it will be on if it is legitimate.

I am not a 80s kid so I don't know what a Beta max is

But... I take it that this is a good thing?
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Tito ever since I've joined this forum I've noticed that you're just constantly a jack ass to people on here. What's your problem man? I'm going out of my way to try and make something happen for us and all you've done is criticize and be negative. I believe your first post on here was something along the lines of "Shut up and leave him alone". That about do it? Every time I see you've posted in a thread I always think, Geez I wonder who Tito is crapping on now.... Whatever though man I'm not going to let your bad attitude affect me anymore.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Thanks LongRhoadsAhead for all of the effort you've put into this. Hopefully it'll come to fruition but if not your efforts are still appreciated. It's more than what most do around the community.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

orion_damage wrote:Thanks LongRhoadsAhead for all of the effort you've put into this. Hopefully it'll come to fruition but if not your efforts are still appreciated. It's more than what most do around the community.
+100

Thank you for trying to make something happen

I have tried in the past but to no avail
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Nick wrote:
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:It turned out to be on a beta max instead of a 8mm. Don't get excited until midweek! That's when it will be on if it is legitimate.

Didn't the first Betamax camcorder come out in 1983?
http://www.rewindmuseum.com/vintagecamcorder.htm
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Sky wrote:
Nick wrote:

Unless it was somehow transferred to beta sometime after beta came out??
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Sky wrote:
Nick wrote:

That's the first thing I looked up last after he had mentioned that, the first few results showed a lot of 1983 for some reason and then I was finding a bunch from the mid to late 70s.

Plus there are a ton of old Betamax camcorder movies on YouTube, just type in Betamax with a year and it will give a few results.

The quality is actually great if them.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

That's the first thing I looked up last after he had mentioned that, the first few results showed a lot of 1983 for some reason and then I was finding a bunch from the mid to late 70s.

Plus there are a ton of old Betamax camcorder movies on YouTube, just type in Betamax with a year and it will give a few results.

The quality is actually great if them.
The first camcorder that I remember was available in the early '80s, it was huge and not very portable because the battery was separate and even bigger and it didn't have much life. I'll be surprised if anything comes of this particular line of enquiry but time will tell.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Cool. Ill say thanks. Hopefully something comes of it.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Y'all gave me a heart attack with the 1983 betamax stuff haha! I checked and they were around in the mid 70s as well. I was confused because the guy told me he came in and watched some of it in the converting store or whatever it's called lol. I will have new info from him tomorrow or thursday regarding the completion of the conversion and the potential upload date. When I know the upload date I will post on this thread the time and place to go check for it. This has been a long process and I hope myself and all of you won't have just another disappointment but I strangely have a good feeling about this.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

As far as quality of the video and audio I have no clue. He mentioned his uncle owned a recording venue out in PHilly so they filmed all kinds of shows out there so I would imagine the quality must be decent and the seats they had must've been good if they're going to spend all that time and money to film but I could be way off. He almost had 2 concerts which is amazing. A shame the Diary show he had was cancelled... But blizzard is still blizzard! If the spotlight solo is in the at good quality and a good view I may just die and go to heaven. I'm getting more and more excited about this as the time draws closer. Not to mention if this turns out to be some grail or treasure like film then Mrs. O is gonna be pretty upset she didn't know about it :lol:
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Thanks for your hard work on this.. Regardless of whether it works out or not! Much appreciated and hopefully it pans out!