Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Astral Plane

Re: Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Post by Astral Plane »

I hear ya, I'll post to share any cool info, or whatever, but Randy video is what I'm always on the hunt for.. since I first used the internet at the library in the 90's.. I started checking into it.
I did post in the Brad Gillis part of the site once about the killer (but very short) footage the O's released from the Ritz 1982 a while back. Excellent non Randy footage! Hope there is more.
Anyhow... bring on the Roadie shot footage!
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Astral Plane wrote:I hear ya, I'll post to share any cool info, or whatever, but Randy video is what I'm always on the hunt for.. since I first used the internet at the library in the 90's.. I started checking into it.
I did post in the Brad Gillis part of the site once about the killer (but very short) footage the O's released from the Ritz 1982 a while back. Excellent non Randy footage! Hope there is more.
Anyhow... bring on the Roadie shot footage!

Absolutely bring it on! You know, that seems to be the thing. A lot of these older bands have old footage yet refuse to release it. Rush has tons of footage from the 70s, but they don't put it out aside from clips and a song on in a box set here and there. I just don't understand. It cost literally nothing to press cds/dvds. And especially if you are someone huge like Rush or the Osbournes. The fans would buy it. Whats wrong with making money?? lol
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:will be on youtube sometime this week.
it's Sunday now. has anyone seen anything?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:we will know pretty soon if i was trolled or if i discovered a treasure. We just have to wait and see. I'm optimistic. I hope I cleared up all that you wanted to know from me
I have no high hope on this either because too many things do not add up as mentioned. But if we all proven wrong here, you''ll be The Dude here for sure!
No matter the outcome, keep up the hunt! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:we will know pretty soon if i was trolled or if i discovered a treasure. We just have to wait and see. I'm optimistic. I hope I cleared up all that you wanted to know from me
I have no high hope on this either because too many things do not add up as mentioned. But if we all proven wrong here, you''ll be The Dude here for sure!
Thanks Dutch I appreciate it man. As far as an update goes for you all, this coming week I should and therefore you all should not only have an answer to whether I was right or not, but we should have the footage uploaded sometime this week. He has told me he is creating a new channel for all of his concerts that his uncle's company filmed that he will eventually have converted. So essentially this could be a cool channel for some of you guys as he'll probably be uploading more of your favorite bands. He mentioned having a few Rainbow with Dio and maybe a Rush concert or two and McCartney and Wings, lots more. These will all be in the Philly area I'd assume. As soon as he uploads the RR and Ozzy he'll email me the link to his new concert channel, and I will post a new thread called "THE FOOTAGE IS HERE" because I'm sure most users here don't even give this thread a thought anymore and I don't want anyone to miss out. Let's all hope this works out. I really hope it does. And if it doesn't work out I will prepare a thread where I apologize to everyone on here, but I doubt I'll have to do that ;)

If it's happening, it's happening soon!
I went ahead and rode the white horse
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
+1
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Whether it pans out or not YOUR effort is most appreciated! :wink:
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Donnie wrote:Whether it pans out or not YOUR effort is most appreciated! :wink:
Thanks Donnie I appreciate the support!
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Hope it works out man.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:And if it doesn't work out I will prepare a thread where I apologize to everyone on here, but I doubt I'll have to do that ;)
No need for apology man, you do your best for the right cause. If I was in your situation I would give it a shot as well. Maybe against my own feeling/thoughts, but there is nothing to loose really. Don't get discouraged and keep up the hunt, because there is stuff out there.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

fingers crossed :|
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

A short update for everyone. I haven't heard from him in 5 days. I'm not sure what that means to be honest. It could be a good or bad sign. I know he works a lot, like 15 hours a day sometimes so he may not have had the time or may have ran into complications. I sent him a message, checking up on everything earlier today. I will inform you all as soon as I get a response. I am sorry this is taking so long, I wish I had waited a little bit before bumping this thread because I'm sure I have gotten some of your hopes up, mine are up well! I will keep you all informed and up to date.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:A short update for everyone. I haven't heard from him in 5 days. I'm not sure what that means to be honest. It could be a good or bad sign. I know he works a lot, like 15 hours a day sometimes so he may not have had the time or may have ran into complications. I sent him a message, checking up on everything earlier today. I will inform you all as soon as I get a response. I am sorry this is taking so long, I wish I had waited a little bit before bumping this thread because I'm sure I have gotten some of your hopes up, mine are up well! I will keep you all informed and up to date.

Thanks for the update
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Lra just so you know my negative posts were never meant toward you at all.it was for whoever is saying to you they have this tape.theres alot of red tape involving anything live ozzy/randy related.so him/her saying theyre going to transfer beta to digital and post to youtube is asking for deep shit.i will tell you thank you very much for trying and keeping everybody updated..peace.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Tito wrote:Lra just so you know my negative posts were never meant toward you at all.it was for whoever is saying to you they have this tape.theres alot of red tape involving anything live ozzy/randy related.so him/her saying theyre going to transfer beta to digital and post to youtube is asking for deep shit.i will tell you thank you very much for trying and keeping everybody updated..peace.
Well then I owe you an apology. I completely mistook your comments as you taking a disliking to me. I'm sorry for what I said to you. And yes I totally agree they are asking for trouble when making unbacked claims like that. Crazy as they sound I couldn't let myself ignore that lead haha, I was driven by the "what if this is the one!" mentality. Maybe I'm just gullible but I think it's always worth it to look into it. Low risk high gain to investigate.

Still haven't heard anything back, normally has taken him 24+ hours for him to respond to me though. I will check my messages first thing tomorrow to see.